User Tag List

First 3240414243445292 Last

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I think he almost doesn't even sound like an INTJ (but that would be misguided, cuz it's prolly just a sign that he's a mature, well-balanced one).
    Exactly!!!

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Alright, that's enough posting from me. I've got to wake up in four hours to start a 12-hour day. Good night, everybody.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    You kinda remind me of someone I know and love.

You're all kinds of awesome!!!

Thank you.

Fortunately, that someone appears to be aware of how lucky he is. And, since he and I are both INTJs, we were already aware of how awesome we are, thanks. No need to remind us. :p

I agree, to an extent. A lot of the advice is simply this.

But there's also good advice, like:

- learning to truly understand and be completely honest with yourself about who you are, what you want, and your inner and deepest motivations
    - learning to truly understand and accept human nature, both male and female, masculine and feminine (particularly via evolutionary psychology)
    - learning your life's deepest purpose and how to always remain sourced in that purpose

And these are just a few off the top of my head.

EDIT: Just reread your post, uumlau, and realized you weren't describing "that type" of advice as a negative. Indeed it is not. Just perhaps not as useful to INTJs if not also packaged with the other lessons I described above, since our kind tend to feel just fine staying within their cave.
    Yeah, I'd say the other advice is a bit more useful once an INTJ has developed Fi more. The initial advice of "go and meet people" is geared toward training Ni to deal with people better, and eventually finding self-understanding with Fi.

I think he almost doesn't even sound like an INTJ (but that would be misguided, cuz it's prolly just a sign that he's a mature, well-balanced one).
    Hehehehe. There's a post or two on this forum that pretty much prove my INTJ-ness. Mostly, I seem to have a lot more Fi going on than most INTJs. The main thing is that the problems I have had are typical of INTJs, not INTPs, or INFPs, or INFJs or ISTPs.

Thanks for the vote in favor of maturity and well-balanced-ness.

MBTI
    INTJ

You sounded all good until you told her that she continues to intrigue you...
    Say whut?

We should be slapping the biatches around, not telling them we like them?

The only difficulty with being too open-ended with ENFPs is they will go all NP on that shit and fracture their brains. A whole relationship with you will happen in their heads and you'll never see it. One must from time to time instantiate so that they can too.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Yeah, I'd say the other advice is a bit more useful once an INTJ has developed Fi more. The initial advice of "go and meet people" is geared toward training Ni to deal with people better, and eventually finding self-understanding with Fi.
    I actually think INTJs need to learn how to put Ni on the back burner a bit when dealing with people, and learn to "upshift" to Te. Which, coincidentally, is the same as achieving I/E balance.

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Hehehehe. There's a post or two on this forum that pretty much prove my INTJ-ness. Mostly, I seem to have a lot more Fi going on than most INTJs. The main thing is that the problems I have had are typical of INTJs, not INTPs, or INFPs, or INFJs or ISTPs.

Thanks for the vote in favor of maturity and well-balanced-ness.
    Oh, I'm not saying you're not an INTJ. Based on your other posts, I definitely think you are. It's just, as you said, your Fi seems well-developed, which is, again coincidentally, the primary sign of a mature INTJ.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I actually think INTJs need to learn how to put Ni on the back burner a bit when dealing with people, and learn to "upshift" to Te. Which, coincidentally, is the same as achieving I/E balance.
    Exactly right.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Say whut?

The only difficulty with being too open-ended with ENFPs is they will go all NP on that shit and fracture their brains. A whole relationship with you will happen in their heads and you'll never see it. One must from time to time instantiate so that they can too.
    Yeah, from time to time.

But that time is not when she's started losing interest in you and you're trying to re-spark it...

EDIT: By "Yeah, from time to time", I was not referring to whether we should be "slapping the biatches around"... just in case there was any confusion...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by FormItype View Post
    We'll see what happens here, TheScientist. There really isn't any doubt that she was genuinely interested and that there was tremendous physical attraction. Even on Sunday (yes, two days ago...) it was there. It's all very puzzling to me (as it seems things were with your ENFP). I hope that she'll at least tell me her feelings have changed, even if she doesn't tell me why. She really is a remarkable woman.
    I really want you guys to work out, and it is a quasi-good sign that she asked you when you'd get back from your trip!

Oh, and there's intense physical attraction, there?!?!?

Physical attraction plus INTJ/ENFP inherent attraction honestly leads to a match made in heaven.

`

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Say whut?

Reading this coupled with looking at your avatar was truly a priceless moment, for me.

Thank you.

`

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Interesting point. I tend to take Te for granted, so I wasn't thinking in terms of becoming less introverted with it. With respect to a work environment, it is great for learning how to cooperate with others in an objective fashion. But for socializing? Fuggedaboutit. Te keeps on trying to solve other people's problems, which is exactly the wrong approach when your friend just needs someone to listen for a while.

Hence my recommending using Ni while socializing (i.e., while behaving "E") to spot the social patterns: the INTJ's understanding thus achieved is rather unusual, but still ultimately useful. It will also tend to awaken Fe (or teach Te to "act Fe" ... I'm not sure which it is, yet), making social encounters more endurable. Where Ni becomes problematic is its inherent bias against further exposure to social elements: the INTJ has to force oneself past this comfort zone barrier. Difficult, but doable, in my experience.