User Tag List

First 234561454104 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

When do INTJs and ENFPs go silent and listen?

Historical story time.

Tell an ENFP a trufax and just the fax story about yourself, possibly including heretofore unmentioned juicy bits, and they listen. At the juicy bits they space out to contemplate.

Tell an INTJ a trufax story and they listen, at least to the beginning, maybe sometimes asking for detail clarification of processes. After not too long they try jumping to the end to provide a critical commentary. They may space out if the bits are really juicy, or they may come to sudden conclusions and start lecturing.

It's some kind of odd, parallel processing thing. Fairly easy to walk in parallel. But then sensing gets ya, and you might not be able to bridge the gap.

My experience.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    INFPs, INTPs, maybe creative/artistic ISFPs/ISTPs...? Like I (sorta) said, I don't think my view makes sense for all INTJs, mainly just me.
    INFP might feel like incest, Ti and Fi can clash (NTPs), and SPs can give the "S/N divide" feeling...there is some reason why a relationship wouldn't work with almost every type, and it varies from individual to individual.

I wouldn't think an ENFP would work well with an ISTJ (I wouldn't want one because it would be too much like Daddy, among other things) but there was this whole thread where several ENFPs said they were in successful LTRs with ISTJs.

It really depends on the individuals, of course. Some ENFPs like INTJs more than others, others prefer ENTPs or ISTPs, etc.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Waffle View Post
    I didn't give him what he wanted immediately off (My body. Sorry, I'm a slow moving kind of girl.), and he dumped me harder than last week's trash. At a dance. In front of everyone. After that he treated me like crap or ignored me all together, even though we ended up forced to hang out because I ended up with another friend of ours. He said hurtful things, and even told me to leave someone else's barbeque because he didn't like me being there, even though I'd left him alone like he'd wanted.
    I can't imagine myself behaving like that even at my worst. I strongly doubt that he's even an INTJ. Maybe he adopted the designation because he thought the so-call mastermind title was fashionable. I couldn't relate your description of his behavior even if I tried to put a positive spin on it.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    INFP might feel like incest, Ti and Fi can clash (NTPs), and SPs can give the "S/N divide" feeling...there is some reason why a relationship wouldn't work with almost every type, and it varies from individual to individual.

I wouldn't think an ENFP would work well with an ISTJ (I wouldn't want one because it would be too much like Daddy, among other things) but there was this whole thread where several ENFPs said they were in successful LTRs with ISTJs.

It really depends on the individuals, of course. Some ENFPs like INTJs more than others, others prefer ENTPs or ISTPs, etc.
    Ya know, I totally answered the wrong question. Just ignore my above answer. I was thinking about who is better suited for INTJs, not who is better for ENFPs. I don't know anything about ENFPs, so I couldn't begin to guess who'd be right for them. My bad!

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

To be honest, I think that ENFPs might find the J aspect of INTJs off-putting.

Also, INTJs tend to be a bit more vain than we are, which is not such a great thing.

In general, I do think that INTJs have an alluring persona that inevitably pulls us in, but there is more to sustaining a relationship than intrigue alone.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    Ya know, I totally answered the wrong question. Just ignore my above answer. I was thinking about who is better suited for INTJs, not who is better for ENFPs. I don't know anything about ENFPs, so I couldn't begin to guess who'd be right for them. My bad!
    Well, my post was meant to be generally speaking...it doesn't really matter if you mean for ENFPs or INTJs, my point was that we can rationalize all day why each particular type might not be compatible with another. Ultimately, when it comes down to it, a relationship is between two human beings not two MBTI type descriptions.

For example, the traditional argument FOR an ENFP/INTJ relationship is that they both lead with N (Ne and Ni) and share Te and Fi, which leads to understanding, maybe admiration.

Plus, people have different needs. Some introverts want a (mild) extrovert for balance, others want an introvert because they think they would get annoyed or drained otherwise. Some people want their opposite (or near opposite) because they want someone who will have strengths where they are weak, someone they can admire for not being a carbon copy of themselves.

It's all relative!

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    Also, INTJs tend to be a bit more vain than we are, which is not such a great thing.
    This is not my (admittedly scarce) experience with INTJ individuals. They are often too emotionally retarded to feel or communicate vain-ness. They simply objectively assess themselves as superior, in matters of intellect.

Except my middle school INTJ friend. If he finds me any dumber he's not letting on. He holds me in high regard. As he should.

*being vain*

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    To be honest, I think that ENFPs might find the J aspect of INTJs off-putting.
    Embrace your tertiary function. You're using it even ^^^ now.

The "J" of INTJ is just extraverted thinking (plus some Ni closemindedness and angst over showing the 98 pound FiSe on the beach).

Hate the J, fear yourself.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

*ponders if "meaner" ENFPs are more likely to want INTJs*

MBTI
    INTJ

Champions make decisions. Technically, I suppose that makes them "meaner", less open-minded.

Boy meets Grr