Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    What I meant is that it's incredibly hard to trust an ENFP.
    This isn't just about ENFPs being scattered ENFPs. This is also about INTJs being less than trusting by their own right.

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    What I meant is that it's incredibly hard to trust an ENFP.
    ENFPs are also good at geeky things, I know. That's kind of why we'd be prone to like ENFPs, I think.
    Be careful not to mistake the external silly switch and tert Te emo for an inability to commit. We can look exceptionally fickle/silly/unpredictable on the surface, but as we grow into our Te it gives us a sense of strength and commitment. Combined with Fi-a sense of idealism.

You may see drama, but what you are building is a more resilient enfp I think. I dunno, never dated an INTJ myself, but had quite a few as friends.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Are ENFPs silly?

Hell yes!

Do we have a silly switch, yessir

But, my silliness has very little to do with my Fi as it does with my Ne!

My Fi is actually quite serious.

It can be switched on, I guess, but it would be more like a beauty-switch, or a compassion-switch, or a I'm-fucking-appalled switch.

Does this make sense to you guys?

:/
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Okay, but I have a question

I'm an INTJ male who began interacting online with and now have gone out with a wonderful ENFP. She's wicked smart, funny, and completely animated. Just a week ago she was sending me poems and sexually suggestive paintings, but in the last few days it's seemed she was pulling away. She invited me to the museum with her yesterday, and we had a wonderful time, but her texts today have been almost terse and have included none of the playfulness they did even a few days ago. I really like this woman, but I don't know what to do.
    Last edited by FormItype; 02-15-2010 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Error in type listed

Quote Originally Posted by FormItype View Post
    I'm an INTF male who began interacting online with and now have gone out with a wonderful ENFP. She's wicked smart, funny, and completely animated. Just a week ago she was sending me poems and sexually suggestive paintings, but in the last few days it's seemed she was pulling away. She invited me to the museum with her yesterday, and we had a wonderful time, but her texts today have been almost terse and have included none of the playfulness they did even a few days ago. I really like this woman, but I don't know what to do.

She might just be busy or distracted or she could be immature, bored, or disinterested. Don't text or call her anymore, let her call you...if she remembers.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    Young ENFPs do plenty of reading, introspecting, geeky/nerdy stuff, soaking in, exploring and integrating new information, i.e. learning, getting into esoteric shit, and other things typically attributed to being a T, or, more specifically, an INT.

But more than that, your average ENFP is going to be a "soul searcher" from a very young age, she will ask herself who she is, and constantly find herself and attempt to truly understand herself.

Self-awareness is something that Fi forces upon yourself, so even though we are experimental stimulus whores, within the whirl of excitement there is the Fi center/core/anchor/Self constantly there keeping us in check.

You can always tell the difference between a young ENFP and ENTP in that the former revels in their geekiness, while the latter doesn't particularly like the stigma associated with it (still desires Fe-ish popularity). To keep this in line with the thread, the young INTJ has much too important things to be doing than to quibble about such social status classifications.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Something's up.

I pull away when I lose interest, because I'm avoidant about hurting or rejecting someone. :/

Only recently, I'm 27 btw, have I gotten the proverbial balls to flat-out tell a guy why I'm no longer interested.

Also, when I'm not *exclusively* seeing someone, I usually find myself involved with, to varying degrees, different guys.

When I like you, you will know, I will be effusive and enthusiatic towards you, highly receptive and responsive to you, and pretty damn bold!!!

Granted, shit comes up.

If I really like a guy and I feel like too many barriers are in the way of our being together, or if I keep trying to make things work, to no avail, I will eventually abort the mission.

Sometimes, I really like a guy but deep down I know it would never work and that we wouldn't be right for each other.

Long story short, if an ENFP likes you in a serious romantic sense, you should know by all the attention she'll explicitly give you and (-style give you, yeah we obsess over those we crush on).

I share my poetry with friends and potential mates, and we're provocotive by nature, so I guess we can mislead guys into thinking we like them more than just in a platonic sense.

:/
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    You can always tell the difference between a young ENFP and ENTP in that the former revels in their geekiness, while the latter doesn't particularly like the stigma associated with it (still desires Fe-ish popularity). To keep this in line with the thread, the young INTJ has much too important things to be doing than to quibble about such social status classifications.
    Ummmmmm....

As an ENFP we don't give a flying fuckasaurus about social status, popularity, and what people (we don't give a shit about) think of us.

We are fiercely independent spirits.

We will stand alone in a crowd, and stand alone in our beliefs, we don't need trivial social approval.
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTJ

Default SillySapien, then...

Hmm. Obviously not the answer I was hoping for. She's 48, a very successful professional woman and, through the first three times we went out, it seemed extremely into me. Would she change her mind just in the last few days? And, being a relatively clueless INTJ, why would she have invited me to the museum yesterday if she was losing interest? Am I just grasping at straws?

MBTI
    INTJ

You seem unusually tentative for a mature INTJ. You're not in cougar territory, are you?
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr