Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Puppy. Puppy. Puppy. Puppy....

Ni doesn't balance Ne.
    Ni doesn't balance Ne.
    Ni doesn't balance Ne.
    Ni doesn't balance Ne.

I think what more likely happens if they're lucky is INTJs and ENFPs take turns. One of the partners takes the dumb guy bullet and plays straight man. They do auxiliary and tertiary as normal but let the other partner go bizarro. Or perhaps they choose areas of authority.

Or they have an N-off, the INTJ focusing, the ENFP expanding, both having sudden insight and wow everything's understood but kinda empty because, well, we reached the end point really quickly and there's kinda nothing left to do now.

^ that's probably how it works in the beginning, that sudden spark of mutual understanding that, y'know, isn't understanding really at all, just awareness of insight.
    For what it's worth, I don't think Ni balances Ne, I think that the fact that we're both dom opposing Ns adds to the intrigue/pull, but it is our mutual Te/Fi-Fi/Te combo that really lends for the mutual, Damn, I fucking FEEEEEEEL you, or Damn, I totally know what you mean, attraction and YES, understanding!!!

I don't really understand Ni, nor does my SO really understand Ne, who gives a rodent's ass, what's more important is that, relatively speaking, we get each other, and pretty damn well too, I'm rarely if ever over his head and vice versa, and... that's a BIG DEAL!!!

And, regarding the flight o' fancy/airhead crap you were spouting earlier, yes, INTJs and ENFPs are both very much so in their heads, my INTJ likes to think I'm more of a space cadet than he is, but, c'mon now, at least I'm an extrovert so I have some sense of my surroundings, especially when it's highly stimulating or full o' stimulating people.

But, yeah, perhaps you're a bit right here, Kalach, but WHO CARES?!?!?!

What's so wrong with two people who can become so enraptured in themselves, or in some discussion that the outside world somehow mysteriously disappears, if you ask me, that's amore!!!
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Ah the beauty of a crackberry when you need to quote papa jung at lunch. Below are excerpts from Jung:
    (Might I worship at the alter of Jung)

Papa jung on Ni:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jung View Post
    Although his intuition may be stimulated by external objects, it does not concern itself with external possibilities but with what the external object has released within him.
    (Thus Ne may have very brief moments to be the new external info that feeds into the Ni wheel o' intuition)

This image fascinates the intuitive activity; it is arrested by it, and seeks to explore every detail of it. It holds fast to the vision, observing with the liveliest interest how the picture changes, unfolds and finally fades.
    (Ne turned inside out. Ne connects the external object to endless other possible objects. Ni finds one internal object and becomes fixated on that object seeking to understand everything about it.)

So the introverted intuitive moves from image to image, chasing after every possibility in the teeming womb of the unconcious, without establishing any connection between them and himself.
    (Ne does the same-thus ne can be cruel in how it discards people, once the interest is past. A danger in an ne-ne relationship or anything static-boredom. Ni would be less cruel as it discards internal ideas-although could this include internal perceptions/intuitins of people?)

The perception of the images of the unconscious, produced in such inexhaustible abundance by the creative energy of life, is of course fruitless from the standpoint of utility.
    (Chuckle, chuckle, no point here, just makes me giggle, given how brilliant the intjs are)

Jung then Speaks of aesthetic (Fe?) vs moral (Te?) judgement in introverted intuition.

Wrt moral judgement:
    His judgement allows him to discern, though often only darkly, that he, as a man and a whole human being, is somehow involved in his vision, that it is not just an object to be perceived, but wants to participate in the life of the subject. Through this realization he feels bound to transform the vision into his own life.
    This would be the inferior Se, eh? Also mentions if dived into too deeply it drives a compulsion for the sensory.

Think back upon myers-briggs being the translators:
    His language is not the one currently spoken-it has become too subjective. His arguments lack the convincing power of reason.
    Other tidbits of interest:
    Ne focuses on external objects. If the external object is an Ni user, it becomes the focal point to connect off of?

In problem solving mode, I anticipate a loop of interaction. Each lives in their own world but cross paths every so often. Ne drags in new information to feed the Ni-annoying though it may be,but essential if the Ni is to be useful.
    What may keep the Ne user from being horrifically disruptive to the Ni user may be the sense of cadence discussed before. When NeTe observes NiTe, there is a lockstep of some sort that happens.

An example:
    I travelled up and down the west coast with an Entp sales rep visiting pharma companies. The intps were reserved, the entps listened to her then fixated on me, and the infj was distant.The last visit was with an intp and an intj.

The intp starts talking with the entp. I can't keep track of the Ti blah blah blah so I start to fall asleep-seriously, I couldn't stay awake. Then the intj started talking. He was staring at the corner of the ceiling as far into Ni land as you get, but not super heavy Te. Suddenly I wasn't tired but intrigued, even energized-but not with Ne, like I am with entps. I listened to him speak, would occasionally interupt, question, agree, suggest, but all in cadence.

Like a dance?

I didn't get the feeling of being off kilter or disruptive. It seemed additive in nature. His Ni didn't need excessive Ne input and seemed to serve to give Ne a path perhaps to further utilize FiTe? This is in a work context though, so not sure how this plays out in relationships. There is something weird going on here with Ne-ni. It needs further exploration.

Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post
    For what it's worth, I don't think Ni balances Ne, I think that the fact that we're both dom opposing Ns adds to the intrigue/pull, but it is our mutual Te/Fi-Fi/Te combo that really lends for the mutual, Damn, I fucking FEEEEEEEL you, or Damn, I totally know what you mean, attraction and YES, understanding!!!
    What is the intrigue/pull? Does it feel like a dance? I think the guts of Te/Fi allow for real understanding.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Puppy View Post
    What is the intrigue/pull? Does it feel like a dance? I think the guts of Te/Fi allow for real understanding.
    Like I mentioned in the post that you quoted, I absolutely agree and feel that the Te/Fi allow for the real understanding for this pairing, fo sho!

The intrigue about the Ne/Ni difference is that we are both dominant intuitives but the means and ways in which we are intuitive are somewhat vastly different, and hence manifest themselves in different ways.

To be honest, I can't even explain or separate my Ne/Fi means of processing and ascertaining the world, they are that inextricably connected!!!

And, no one, as of yet has been able to explain to me in a way in which I can truly understand what the fuck Ni is!!!

Regardless, not in a typological sense, (haha, take a deep breath Kalach, please :P), the fact that both an INTJ and an ENFP are DEEPLY intuitive, hence we see things deeply, we see things other people don't see, and we make these connections, whether we create them ourselves or see their existence where most people do not, now...

This, this!!!

This is where it's at.

The type, and level of conversation that I can have with my INTJ is unparalleled.

And, even though I get him, whether it be because of him, or due to his Ni, there is such an inherent complexity to him that to decipher and understand the layers and systems of layers upon layers that make him him is such a worthy and enjoyable feat, one that I hope to continue to embark on for however long our relationship will last.

Well, I'm blathering at this point, so....

Bye, for now!

`

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    I don't really understand Ni, nor does my SO really understand Ne, who gives a rodent's ass, what's more important is that, relatively speaking, we get each other, and pretty damn well too, I'm rarely if ever over his head and vice versa, and... that's a BIG DEAL!!!
    You're never over my head. I don't think I'm over yours much, either.

I think it definitely has something to do with the Ne-Ni dynamic, as well as Fi/Te-Te/Fi dynamic. We understand each other's auxiliary and tertiary functions because we are both Fi and Te users, and I think your externally focused intuition is like a camera, able to capture the light of my internally focused intuition.

And, regarding the flight o' fancy/airhead crap you were spouting earlier, yes, INTJs and ENFPs are both very much so in their heads, my INTJ likes to think I'm more of a space cadet than he is, but, c'mon now, at least I'm an extrovert so I have some sense of my surroundings, especially when it's highly stimulating or full o' stimulating people.
    I'm not the one who just crashed my Prius.

Remember lassy, I use plenty of extroverted thinking.

But, yeah, perhaps you're a bit right here, Kalach, but WHO CARES?!?!?!
    I don't think Kalach was really very on point at all. Sounded like a bunch of armchair observations, not real life ones.

What's so wrong with two people who can become so enraptured in themselves, or in some discussion that the outside world somehow mysteriously disappears, if you ask me, that's amore!!!
    I wouldn't say the outside world disappears (unless you're counting the outside world as everything except the INTJ, the ENFP, and whatever they're discussing, thinking about, playing with, etc.).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I'm not the one who just crashed my Prius.

Dude, how is it my fault that a car automagically appeared in front of me, when I was certain that it wasn't there, yet for some inexplicable reason it was.

And, I didn't crash my car, it obviously was interested in the bug in front of me, and wanted to sniff its ass, kinda like dogs do.

`

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I think your externally focused intuition is like a camera, able to capture the light of my internally focused intuition.
    I like this description!

Therefore you're forgiven about the alleged crashing of my Prius comment.
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Awww! You two are so cute!

MBTI
    INTJ

For a bunch of possibility seekers, you guys are sure sticking to what you know.

As much as Ne loves Ni, Si rejects it unless there's a reasonable foundation: "That doesn't feel like something I remember, how can that be possible if it doesn't feel right?"

The inferior function is explicitly rejected by the dominant. That's how the dominant is dominant. And dual seeking behaviour is real, people sometimes even explicitly ask others to do what their tertiary and inferior functions can't be relied on for. Ni runs a real risk of being viewed as faulty Si and rejected. This would take the form of suggestions that, perhaps, just sayin', and don't be offended but, maybe the Ni user has not looked at all the possibilities <rising tone indicating inoffensive question>. And this would be difficult to distinguish from those times when the ENFP is right and indeed the INTJ has not looked at all the possibilities.

The corresponding INTJ road block has it that as much as Ni is impressed by Ne, Se rejects it if doesn't involve movement in the world: "That's just annoying, the only real possibility is where you do this, this and this."

Age makes a difference. As Si accumulates, Ne grows focus; as Se is more often invoked, Ni expands.

I have spoken.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Se is hands down the most animalistic basic function.

You know how to reconcile an INTJs inferior function.

Kiss him, hold him, let him hold you, fondle each other, dance, let him watch you dance, touch him and let him touch you.

I have spoken.

Problem fixed.

You're welcome.

*curtsies*
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Dude, how is it my fault that a car automagically appeared in front of me, when I was certain that it wasn't there, yet for some inexplicable reason it was.
    Hmmm, I may have also had cars magically appear in front of me, once or twice, or four times, or something like that.....

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Awww! You two are so cute!
    Se is hands down the most animalistic basic function.

You know how to reconcile an INTJs inferior function.

Kiss him, hold him, let him hold you, fondle each other, dance, let him watch you dance, touch him and let him touch you.

I have spoken.

Problem fixed.

You're welcome.

*curtsies*
    Awwww, this thread is so damned cute. I just want to watch you guys be all huggy and cute and shit. Its adorable.