User Tag List

First 715161718192767117 Last

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

T types do get this awesome befuddled look when they try to understand nf musings, at times. this kind of "what planet are you from"? look that combines a bit of skepticism with real curiosity.

our pattern comparison is not as focused, specific, and direct, but it's just as complex. it's great at pulling out the implications, and cueing up a wider range of emotional possibilities. it leaves more open-ended indefinite semantic possibility, but juggling it without any T to focus gets messy and fucking crazy.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Disasterously blissful, and sublimely surprising!!!

You meet the right INTJ and he'll surprise, delight, and satisfy you in ways you've never imagined.

There is something there, this meta/physical bond; ineffable, infinitely intriguing, and above all, harmoniously magnetic that renders you speechless and in appreciative awe.

blah, blah, beauty, blah, blah, blah...

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTJ

Technically, INTJs are as airheaded as ENFPs. So I worry about how this works. Who's in charge of the flights of fancy?

I wonder, y'know, truly. Pragmatism is barely half of what we do. In a lot of ways it's the much smaller part. People seem to get off suggesting we're jumped up ISTJs somehow. Pets, of a sort.

And I am NOT pointing a finger at you, SS. Your flights of fancy are very pretty. Observe I am not S, so this can't be an Si criticism.

D'y'see now, people, d'y'see? N'z eventually demand that other people be S. Which in a convenient bizarro twist should means S'z eventually demand that everyone else be N.

However, suhtisticks say for success join an N with an N and an S with an S.

Inferior S -> something about dominant N. There's a connection between inferior anxiety and dominant something.

Or is there?
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Technically, INTJs are as airheaded as ENFPs. So I worry about how this works. Who's in charge of the flights of fancy?

I wonder, y'know, truly. Pragmatism is barely half of what we do. In a lot of ways it's the much smaller part. People seem to get off suggesting we're jumped up ISTJs somehow. Pets, of a sort.

And I am NOT pointing a finger at you, SS. Your flights of fancy are very pretty. Observe I am not S, so this can't be an Si criticism.

D'y'see now, people, d'y'see? N'z eventually demand that other people be S. Which in a convenient bizarro twist should means S'z eventually demand that everyone else be N.

However, suhtisticks say for success join an N with an N and an S with an S.

Inferior S -> something about dominant N. There's a connection between inferior anxiety and dominant something.

Or is there?
    first-elaborate and explain inferior anxiety in an INTJ. What exactly is it that an INTJ fears?

wrt to N/N pairs-what does an enfp dating an enfp look like? An INTJ dating an INTJ? How does the commonality of the perceiving functions lead to shifts in pragmatism?

MBTI
    INTJ

I shall NOT BE DOMINATED by your Si anxieties!!!!! Details, Schmetails!

Okay, fine:

Inferior Se anxiety is the worry that we can't make something happen. That the strength is NOT present to conclude an action. The action shall be ham-fisted or awkward and fail. So perhaps it should never even be tried. Basically, inferior anxiety drives Tertiary Temptation.

And thus something about Dom pride, maybe?

Other kinds of Ns dating... I have no idea.

There can be no doubt that both being able to N-speak serves as a substantial bridge. Finding out the rest of the answer involves research with human beings touching each other and ending up crying. It would be unethical to even consider.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

There can be no doubt that both being able to N-speak serves as a substantial bridge. Finding out the rest of the answer involves research with human beings touching each other and ending up crying. It would be unethical to even consider.
    TertTe is a bit of a sadist when it comes to the people puzzles NeFi must have the answer. Yummy tears ....

Anyways, I would be interested in other ENFPs view NeFi-NeFi couples. I have a 14 yo ENFP son. When we are in the same room it is somewhat like being surrounded by the living dead. We are so blissfully unaware of Se, that we run into each other, then get irritated. "Watch where you are going!" "no you watch where you are going!" with the irony that neither of us really is ever actually watching...then we get all Te pissy with each other. This could well define the 14 years of our coexisistance. like bobble headed ridiculous zombies...

The INTJ toddler walks up to me. He says "mommy. mommy. mommy. mommy. mommy..." never getting louder, faster, or mad, just persistently waiting for recognition. My INTJ father-in-law says that he recognizes he just needs to ask and eventually it will get my attention.

I often feel like an Ne inflated balloon. 95% of me actually isnt attached to reality. That last 5% that is is Si.

Si says "did you pay the amex bill on time? because if you didnt you know they will add on a big fee and ruin your credit ranking. Did you feed the pets today? They like food? Did you do the laundry? is there gas in the gas tank?"

Si cant save me from wearing my clothes on inside out-no shit, or any of the other random ass "lack of Se due to excess Ne" things I do. I think Te points Si to what it judges is truly important given the limited Si available.

I know Ni balances Ne. It serves as a mezmerising focal point for the connectivities of Ne. I have to assume Si serves an analogous role for Se. However Ne is fun-I would go so far as to suggest biologically encoded hormonally to be an endorphin rush. It is a tiny bit druglike. To tune down allows development of Fi I think, which may be reward in itself, however still with a compromise in the Ne.

Thus having Si balance Se must be the same?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Puppy View Post
    I know Ni balances Ne. It serves as a mezmerising focal point for the connectivities of Ne. I have to assume Si serves an analogous role for Se.
    Puppy. Puppy. Puppy. Puppy....

Ni doesn't balance Ne.
    Ni doesn't balance Ne.
    Ni doesn't balance Ne.
    Ni doesn't balance Ne.

I think what more likely happens if they're lucky is INTJs and ENFPs take turns. One of the partners takes the dumb guy bullet and plays straight man. They do auxiliary and tertiary as normal but let the other partner go bizarro. Or perhaps they choose areas of authority.

Or they have an N-off, the INTJ focusing, the ENFP expanding, both having sudden insight and wow everything's understood but kinda empty because, well, we reached the end point really quickly and there's kinda nothing left to do now.

^ that's probably how it works in the beginning, that sudden spark of mutual understanding that, y'know, isn't understanding really at all, just awareness of insight.

Boy meets Grr

Puppy. Puppy. Puppy. Puppy....

Ni doesn't balance Ne.
    Ni doesn't balance Ne.
    Ni doesn't balance Ne.
    Ni doesn't balance Ne.
    Have you been in my brain lately???? Hmmmmm? nooooo, I dont think soooo. So trust me when I say there is something very compellingly focusing about NiTe. Not just your variety, little panda, but all of them. It isnt the same with NiFe so you are correct, in that it isnt a pure Ne-Ni trick. I read NiTe sentences and become somewhat enthralled/entangled. lock and key style is the best analogy. Do other ENFPs do this???

Or they have an N-off, the INTJ focusing, the ENFP expanding, both having sudden insight and wow everything's understood but kinda empty because, well, we reached the end point really quickly and there's kinda nothing left to do now.

^ that's probably how it works in the beginning, that sudden spark of mutual understanding that, y'know, isn't understanding really at all, just awareness of insight.
    There is never "nothing left to do" when Ne is around. Solved that problem? Off to find a new one or a new version of the old problem.... and yes, I know terrible annoying to the poor Ni you drag along.

Yup this would drive any poor INTJ to despair. I am really not sure why they would stick around when there is a whole world to dominate out there...

perhaps this keep them around? Hmmm??? Bit o' Fi perhaps?

Yes, yes, I am off to my designated circle of hell for picking on INTJs now.... You guys should come and visit!

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Yes. Ni and Ne work brilliantly together. My SO can look at me all befuddled and amused while I'm going on a Ne-rant, till he goes..'hang on, you actually made sense there!'

And I'll go: 'I did?!! How so??'
    And he'll proceed to have a brilliant thought based on the randomness i tossed out there and the connections I made for him. Then he'll start deconstructing the stuff to figure out how to do it. And I'll jump in taking care of esthetics and values and tiny little details while he charts out the main course.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”