First 2878118126127128129130 Last

Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1370

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    What difference does it make? We all die in the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Time View Post
    Agreed...existence is entirely meaningless. All conquests are in vain. The universe exists for "nothing" (probably).
    Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    I'd say you're overdue an NFP to show you how to enjoy life and make it meaningful
    Adding meaning to that which is meaningless is meaningless.
    Narrowmindedness is such a pity
    Yes, your reluctance to admit that all your silly efforts are in vain could be called narrowmindedness as well.
    Learn to laugh. Just once a while...it has its perks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nietzsche
    “Would it not be necessary?” . . . No, three times no! You young Romantics: it should not be necessary! But it is very likely that things will end up like that—that you will end up like that—namely, “being consoled,” as it stands written, in spite of all the self-training for what is serious and frightening, “metaphysically consoled,” in short, the way Romantics finish up, as Christians. . . . No! You should first learn the art of consolation in this life—you should learn to laugh, my young friends, even if you wish to remain thoroughly pessimistic. From that, as laughing people, some day or other perhaps you will for once ship all metaphysical consolation to the devil—and then away with metaphysics! Or, to speak the language of that Dionysian fiend called Zarathustra:*

“Lift up your hearts, my brothers, high, higher! And for my sake don’t forget your legs as well! Raise up your legs, you fine dancers, and better yet, stand on your heads!”

“This crown of the man who laughs, this crown wreathed with roses—I have placed this crown upon myself. I myself declare my laughter holy. Today I found no one else strong enough for that.”

“Zarathustra the dancer, Zarathustra the light hearted, who beckons with his wings, a man ready to fly, hailing all birds, prepared and ready, a careless and blessed man.”—

“Zarathustra the truth-teller, Zarathustra the true laugher, not an impatient man, not a man of absolutes, someone who loves jumps and leaps to the side—I myself crown myself!”

“This crown of the laughing man, this crown of rose wreaths: you my brothers, I throw this crown to you! Laughter I declare sacred: you higher men, for my sake learn— to laugh!”

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

" I myself declare my laughter holy."

^I like this a lot.

Ride si sapis

Laugh if you are wise.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Regarding death, or more appropriately Life!

YouTube - Randy Pausch Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams

`

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    How old are you, Mr. Time?

I've gone through those thoughts/feelings before.

Eventually, I got over them. As you will, if you have the strength.

(I also happen to be the INTJ boyfriend from the post above.)
    Perhaps it was your weakness (not strength) which made you reluctant to continue down the path of unforgiving, merciless "logic" and "reason"? It is a painful path that most are reluctant and unable to pursue. I believe that one must abandon all previously held notions of understanding and follow logic to find "truth". In this pursuit, logic (with the help of science) leads to the statement that "life is meaningless". When this stage of the journey is reached, most abandon the pursuit and force themselves to think of it no more (since the unmoving forces of Fear and Pain oppose the journey). Many will also assume that was the end of the journey.

However, the more I pursue these thoughts, the more understanding I seem to have. I have not (yet) ceased this journey of continuous hopelessness. And I refuse to do so, simply because others tell me that I must abandon it to achieve "happiness". I don't live my life based on the principles of hedonism. If pursuing logic causes me lifelong misery, then so be it. Since, in the end, none of it matters anyway.

I am in my early 20s, not too much younger than you, I suspect.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Why do you wake up in the morning, what motivates you to not kill yourself, Mr. Time?
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Perhaps it was your weakness (not strength) which made you reluctant to continue down the path of unforgiving, merciless "logic" and "reason"? It is a painful path that most are reluctant and unable to pursue. I believe that one must abandon all previously held notions of understanding and follow logic to find "truth". In this pursuit, logic (with the help of science) leads to the statement that "life is meaningless". When this stage of the journey is reached, most abandon the pursuit and force themselves to think of it no more (since the unmoving forces of Fear and Pain oppose the journey). Many will also assume that was the end of the journey.

However, the more I pursue these thoughts, the more understanding I seem to have. I have not (yet) ceased this journey of continuous hopelessness. And I refuse to do so, simply because others tell me that I must abandon it to achieve "happiness". I don't live my life based on the principles of hedonism. If pursuing logic causes me lifelong misery, then so be it. Since, in the end, none of it matters anyway.

Yeah, I was in my early 20s when I did the exact same thing.

Trust me, it's not the end of the road.

What you should do is read philosophy, cuz science has no answers to these issues.

Do you know what the root of the word "logic" is?

It's logos, which, in Greek, simply means "word".

That's all logic is: words, and a system of grammar.

Read about Wittgenstein's idea of the language game.

Also read about the idea of metanarratives.

You are simply caught up in a particular language game, a particular metanarrative.

There is not necessarily any inherent truth to this particular game or narrative.

I am very familiar with your reluctance to leave this particular narrative, as it feels very true to you at this moment.

I felt the exact same way, about almost the exact same narrative.

Trust me, it's not the only way of looking at the world, and, if you learn to expand your language game beyond this current nihilistic one, you will look back on this period of your life as just that: a period.

"Logic" and "reason" don't inherently lead to the conclusion that life is meaningless.

Your current "logic", or language game, has led to that conclusion.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

You are young, so very young.

And, you sound a lot like my father, who is now deceased, he died a miserable man.

I, however, have been immensely fortunate to witness his death/dying process, and to work with an elderly women aged 85 with dementia who, on a daily basis tells me, "It's hell to get old", "never get old, it's awful". :/

Well, today is the youngest you'll ever be, and today you are capable of stuff that in the future you most definitely will not be.

You have your HEALTH, you have your INTELLIGENCE, and to some extent, you have your FREEDOM.

Shame on you, hell, not you, shame on us, who neglect to cherish being healthy, capable, and free to *be*.

I am a proponent of one having the rational choice to live or to die.

So, if you do, in fact, choose to live, make it worth it.

Do/pursue the things that make you happy!

Find your passion, whatever it may be, and follow it, whole-heartedly.

What do you stand to gain from such *persistent* misery?

Why do you spend your *precious* time posting on this social forum?

Somewhere, deep inside, there is a desire to connect, that's the reading I get from your last couple of posts.

Honestly, what makes you happy?

`

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

We are social animals, it is inherent to our evolution and biology as well as our biological imperatives.

Every human being has the capacity to feel *lonely*.

Either by being isolated or feeling alienated from others.

I am not going to discuss the joys of solitude, because that is a whole other discussion for another time, for another thread.

But...

I will say this, which is, there exists nobody on this world so vile, so ugly as to not be considered by someone, lovable.

That means that everyone is capable of both receiving and giving love.

You might be different than most, that's okay, but you are still human.

Embrace your humanity, trust me, it's fun!

`

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Yeah, I was in my early 20s when I did the exact same thing.

Trust me, it's not the end of the road.

What you should do is read philosophy, cuz science has no answers to these issues.

Do you know what the root of the word "logic" is?

It's logos, which, in Greek, simply means "word".

That's all logic is: words, and a system of grammar.

Read about Wittgenstein's idea of the language game.

Also read about the idea of metanarratives.

You are simply caught up in a particular language game, a particular metanarrative.

There is not necessarily any inherent truth to this particular game or narrative.

I am very familiar with your reluctance to leave this particular narrative, as it feels very true to you at this moment.

I felt the exact same way, about almost the exact same narrative.

Trust me, it's not the only way of looking at the world, and, if you learn to expand your language game beyond this current nihilistic one, you will look back on this period of your life as just that: a period.

"Logic" and "reason" don't inherently lead to the conclusion that life is meaningless.

Your current "logic", or language game, has led to that conclusion.
    Will you deny that 2+2 = 4? Or that the surrounding physical world can so precisely and accurately be defined (if not exactly understood) by physics?

By the words "logic" and "reason", I meant theoretical (but practical) constructs such as math and physics, not the simple misuse of words (that "philosophers" are so fond of using). I don't think that you can prove to me 2+2 =/= 4, however I can prove to you 2+2 = 4. Its as simple as that. As far as I understand "logic", it is the understanding of reality (the physical world) and using this understanding (and experimentation) to further develop more understanding. Words are simply a tool I use to express this very intuitive "logic" to other people. I know exactly what you mean by the "language game", but I have never fondly looked at those who play such games and call it "logic", "reason", or "philosophy".

I do my best to pursue the "truth" (understanding the actual state of the physical world). This "truth" further leads to an understanding of our existence. I don't see how this pursuit is simply a "particular game or narrative". Here, I am not going to argue about the "inherent truth" discovered through "logic" (since I don't see how 2+2 =/= 4). However, I will admit that sometimes, I myself wonder whether 2+2 = 4 and how this could be my perception (the limitation of the human mind), just like we are not able to imagine other colors.

Anyways, I think we should get back to the topic of why ENFPs+INTJs is a disaster, not argue (or converse) about philosophy or the meaning of existence.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

^ You sound like a sensor, no offense, but you do.

I've met one theoretical mathematician, and he was RIDICULOUSLY BRILLIANT, and...

HAPPY, TOO!!!

Also, I've read quite a bit of Rudy Rucker, Rudy Rucker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

^He seems like one happy and unique bloke, too!!!

I'm putting something down, here, not sure if you're able or willing to pick it up, though.
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles