Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1370

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Time View Post
    Adding meaning to that which is meaningless is meaningless.
    Narrowmindedness is such a pity
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    Narrowmindedness is such a pity
    Yes, your reluctance to admit that all your silly efforts are in vain could be called narrowmindedness as well.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Yes, your reluctance to admit that all your silly efforts are in vain could be called narrowmindedness as well.
    Learn to laugh. Just once a while...it has its perks

Also..it's not my mission to show you how to find meaning in life. I already have a fulltime job
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    Learn to laugh. Just once a while...it has its perks

Also..it's not my mission to show you how to find meaning in life. I already have a fulltime job
    I don't remember asking.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I don't remember asking.
    I'm aware of that. It was merely a friendly suggestion
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Agreed...existence is entirely meaningless. All conquests are in vain. The universe exists for "nothing" (probably).

Deep down most INTJs realize this and we simply use ENFPs (or anyone else) to satisfy our instinctual carnal desires and our utter sense of despair. Its temporary relief. But I have a feeling that this "using of others" is what is glorified and called "love" (in all relationships), whether the parties involved realize it or not.

Hence, I suspect that relationships where INTJs and ENFPs do not get along are those in which the INTJ realizes the senselessness of it all, and the silly (and annoying) ENFP foolishly believes in the aggrandized (traditional) concept of "love".
    I sense someone is trapped in an Se shadow.

Ne-Si doesnt seek to accomplish a set goal. Instead the worldview tends to be more cyclical-one feel part of a greater whole, a cycle, and endless unfolding. Thus-even the entps-once their Fe grows in-are comfortable becoming simply a piece that molds with the other pieces to yield something greater. In spite of how self focused Xi can make us appear, in reality we are externally focused upon the benefit to the group around us.

Ni-Se does no such thing, huh. It seems like a giant arrow, a one-way path. There is progress, improvement, tangible results, an objective accomplishable goal-a vision to be implemented.

ENFPs I think bring a lightness, a companionship to the mission that a given INTJ has embarked upon. I feel that I weave in and out of the Ni-Se path, dancing, giving delight and adoration, and at least a sense that the INTJ is not alone in what they seek to accomplish.

But all the while I still have my own path as an ENFP. It transcends reality and doesnt always produce something tangible.

It is orthogonal. We should think of perceiving functions as being orthogonal entities-two individuals intersect, meet briefly and then go on their own paths. But perhaps like EM waves-they can meet again after another cycle. Each time we meet, the bonds are strengthened.

Like a dance.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Who gives a shit about the inherent non-existence of existence, anyway? You might be living a cosmic lie, but you've still got to live it.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Agreed...existence is entirely meaningless. All conquests are in vain. The universe exists for "nothing" (probably).

Deep down most INTJs realize this and we simply use ENFPs (or anyone else) to satisfy our instinctual carnal desires and our utter sense of despair. Its temporary relief. But I have a feeling that this "using of others" is what is glorified and called "love" (in all relationships), whether the parties involved realize it or not.

Hence, I suspect that relationships where INTJs and ENFPs do not get along are those in which the INTJ realizes the senselessness of it all, and the silly (and annoying) ENFP foolishly believes in the aggrandized (traditional) concept of "love".
    Wow, just had a beautiful morning with my INTJ boyfriend, took a ridiculously hard yoga class, for me, not for him, walked to breakfast, then sipped on some fresh-squeezed juice on our way back home, in the car, listening to Bob Marley and Radiohead.

I am not in the business of using anybody, I believe that we have our right to be autonomous human beings, and that force should be executed minimally and only when necessary, i.e. exclusively in dire straights when it will yield positive net gain.

But I digress.

If you can't find beauty, love, and richness in this universe then I can empathize with you, when I was wretchedly depressed, I too, found no meaning, no worthwhile purpose to live, even pleasure seemed disdainful, but, life is what you make it, the way in which it will manifest largely depends on the way in which you perceive it, in other words, your perspective holds a lot of weight regarding your life and ultimately your well-being.

Do you know how good it feels to connect deeply with someone, to sacrifice, to give yourself, to open yourself up and to be received, in other words to love and be loved!!!

If you do not know, Mr. Time, I do understand your skepticism, and your well, misbegotten pessimism.

There is nothingness, chaos, futility, death, ugliness, etc.

But there is also complexity, beauty, harmony, love, and depth all inherent to life, and hence the universe.

You need an existential hug, like big time.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

How old are you, Mr. Time?

I've gone through those thoughts/feelings before.

Eventually, I got over them. As you will, if you have the strength.

(I also happen to be the INTJ boyfriend from the post above.)

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    What difference does it make? We all die in the end.
    Precisely!!!

That's the first step to embracing life, realizing it is transient, and finite, (for you).

My life is precious because it can end at any second, to my knowledge, there is no after life, therefore... This is it, right now, today, this moment, so, appreciate it, relish and savor it, do what you will with it but at the very least, do what you want.

Life is too short to be miserable and unhappy.

You always have the option to kill yourself, that should be both comforting and, at least for me, knowing that I am *choosing* to live forces me to be and act in ways that I see/feel as though are the most fulfilling.

I don't have to be here, but I am here, what of it, what can and should I do with my life to make it worthwhile.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles