`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Silly : Independence breeds courage. Just saying
    Absolutely!

Outside of a relationship, I am pretty fucking confident and secure, but within my relationships I become a big fat pathetic pussy.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    Absolutely!

Outside of a relationship, I am pretty fucking confident and secure, but within my relationships I become a big fat pathetic pussy.

When I first was with my ISTP I would let him run me over. I let him know not to yell at me as I watched that happen far too often with my mom, but otherwise I never argued back or tried to change his mind on anything.

As I got older Te became much more dominant. I would confront or challenge him on select items. But he never, ever saw Fi at any point in our relationship.

However to open up with Fi, well I sort of understand what you are saying. It's like Fi and Te sort of fight with each other. If you let Fi win, then you are totally honest, open and beautiful with that person. But at the same time it makes you incredibly vulnerable to what they think and easily hurt.

Yet pushing back with Te seems to interfere somewhat with that open Fi beauty. It feels defensive, thus evokes defensive reactions.

My Te side says make a list of exactly specifically what actions hurt you bother and emphasize the emotional pain they put you in.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Yeah... I'm looking at it with the bias that Ti generally handles abstract information in my experience. Of course it doesn't follow your experience exactly; that much should be so obvious that it isn't even worth mentioning. At that point, it's better for you, rather than accepting or rejecting it forthright, to modify what I'm saying or add your experiential understanding to it, because for me, it absolutely is true. I understand that it may not be true for you. To say that I'm wrong is to accuse me of lying to you.
    This is your assumption. Lying is done purposely, being wrong is not. I accused you elsewhere of other tactics, but I dont believe I accused you of purposely lying in regards to that post. If I did you can call me out on it and I will publicly apologize. Sorry, I only hit this one point, this seems to be the sore spot.

Its the whole intention thing. I dont believe you are "purposely" trying to mislead, but it does have an effect as you are essentially speaking to the world. That is why it rubbed me the wrong way and I explained why. It is only true as long as you hold it true, your wording of "for me" just personalized the trueness from being part of this world to an internal thing. You are walking back and forth between subjective truth and world truth. Possibly going between Ti and Fe.

It doesn't work that way. I'm not speaking to an individual on an open thread. I'm speaking to that person and everyone else who reads this thread. Trying to speak that person's internal language in that context would be incomprehensible to everyone else reading the thread, making my post essentially useless. I'll be happy to personalize my approach in a PM or other non-public forum, but in threads, I'm going to talk as if I'm addressing the world... because I am.
    While you are adressing the world, we still respond to threads which are written by individuals all at different levels of comprehension and trying to understand. If you take this approach then I can see why it would feel like beating your head against a wall. A blog is created to adress the world, not a forum. A speech is created to address the world, not a conversation.

Thank you for this insight, it helps me to understand where you come from and what you are trying to accomplish. It also reinforces my internal perception that ENTPs are natural teachers.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    This is your assumption. Lying is done purposely, being wrong is not.
    Don't tell me the sky is green and expect me to believe you. I don't play that shit. I'm telling you something about myself, a person I know a hell of a lot better than you do. You'd be wise to listen to me.

I accused you elsewhere of other tactics, but I dont believe I accused you of purposely lying in regards to that post. If I did you can call me out on it and I will publicly apologize. Sorry in this whole statement, this seems to be the sore spot.
    No but you're essentially doing the same thing. You're saying that because it doesn't comport to your version of Ti, that my version of Ti isn't true, and that portraying my experience of Ti as such is a lie. Which offends me because A. you're calling me a liar and B. you're portraying yourself as the ultimate arbiter of what Ti is, which is arrogant as hell.

Its the whole intention thing. I dont believe you are "purposely" trying to mislead, but it does have an effect as you are essentially speaking to the world. That is why it rubbed me the wrong way and I explained why. It is only true as long as you hold it true, your wording of "for me" just personalized the trueness from being part of this world to an internal thing. You are walking back and forth between subjective truth and world truth. Possibly going between Ti and Fe.
    We are talking about models here. This is Ne-speak. I'm sorry you see this as claiming absolute truth rather than expressing a possibility. However, if that's your perception, then you couldn't be further from understanding my intentions. Which in turn, makes it even more offensive that you comport to have any understanding of my internal motivations. You're doing the very thing Ti users countless times on this board have excoriated Fi users for doing. Don't talk about me, talk about the logic.

While you are adressing the world, we still respond to threads which are written by individuals all at different levels of comprehension and trying to understand. If you take this approach then I can see why it would feel like beating your head against a wall. A blog is created to adress the world, not a forum. A speech is created to address the world, not a conversation.
    So is a public message board. That's why they're colloquially called a "forum", that is, open space. I take this approach because it's the one the format calls for, in my estimation. If you don't understand it, then don't be so supercilious as to assume that the problem is on my end.

You're using yourself as the locus of validation for everything. If it hits you wrong, it is wrong, rather than perhaps you misinterpreting it. If you don't like the approach, the approach is wrong, rather than you misunderstanding the purpose behind it. There is no justification for thinking this way. It reeks of the worst kind of solipsistic tunnel-vision that claims to be wisdom, but in the end, is nothing but skewed reality.

Thank you for this insight, it helps me to understand where you come from and what you are trying to accomplish. It also reinforces my internal perception that ENTPs are natural teachers.
    You're welcome. I can't respond in kind right now because you're really pushing some buttons, but I hope to be able to in the future.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

The neverending threeeeaaaaddd ...aaaaahhhah ahh

MBTI
    STP

Don't tell me the sky is green and expect me to believe you. I don't play that shit. I'm telling you something about myself, a person I know a hell of a lot better than you do. You'd be wise to listen to me.

No but you're essentially doing the same thing. You're saying that because it doesn't comport to your version of Ti, that my version of Ti isn't true, and that portraying my experience of Ti as such is a lie. Which offends me because A. you're calling me a liar and B. you're portraying yourself as the ultimate arbiter of what Ti is, which is arrogant as hell.

We are talking about models here. This is Ne-speak. I'm sorry you see this as claiming absolute truth rather than expressing a possibility. However, if that's your perception, then you couldn't be further from understanding my intentions. Which in turn, makes it even more offensive that you comport to have any understanding of my internal motivations. You're doing the very thing Ti users countless times on this board have excoriated Fi users for doing. Don't talk about me, talk about the logic.

So is a public message board. That's why they're colloquially called a "forum", that is, open space. I take this approach because it's the one the format calls for, in my estimation. If you don't understand it, then don't be so supercilious as to assume that the problem is on my end.

You're using yourself as the locus of validation for everything. If it hits you wrong, it is wrong, rather than perhaps you misinterpreting it. If you don't like the approach, the approach is wrong, rather than you misunderstanding the purpose behind it. There is no justification for thinking this way. It reeks of the worst kind of solipsistic tunnel-vision that claims to be wisdom, but in the end, is nothing but skewed reality.

You're welcome. I can't respond in kind right now because you're really pushing some buttons, but I hope to be able to in the future.
    Did I offend you because you used yourself as part of the xxTP and when I slammed it I essentially slammed you and the way you go about things along with having screwed up logic? Also when I didnt want that image portrayed onto me I offended you as well? What am I going up against?

edit: yes I need simplistic in this regard.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Did I offend you because you used yourself as part of the xxTP and when I slammed it I essentially slammed you and the way you go about things along with having screwed up logic? Also when I didnt want that image portrayed onto me I offended you as well? What am I going up against?

edit: yes I need simplistic in this regard.
    No. You held yourself up as the universal standard. I think Ni has a tendency to do this, when paired with a dom/aux T function. When I questioned your legitimacy as a source for this, you started to attack my credibility as a commentator. I don't appreciate that.

MBTI
    STP

No. You held yourself up as the universal standard. I think Ni has a tendency to do this, when paired with a dom/aux T function. When I questioned your legitimacy as a source for this, you started to attack my credibility as a commentator. I don't appreciate that.
    I am sorry for attacking your credibility....no I will not hug you
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

I am sorry for attacking your credibility....no I will not hug you
    Do you think it was wrong for you to do that?

MBTI
    STP

Do you think it was wrong for you to do that?
    I stand by the way I think, but it was wrong to attack your credibility. Do you agree that its wrong to attack others credibility?
    Im out, its been fun