First 95999107108109110111119 Last

Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1370

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

INTJs can be scary, sometimes.

Like, aggressive, smoldering temper kinda scary.

This observation/opinion of mine can be due, in part, to the fact that the one that I am currently with is an XNTJ, really an INTJ, but he's far more extroverted than most introverts I know.

Regardless, sometimes I wish he'd not be so goddamn serious, and intimidating, it makes me fear confrontation with him, which I know is unhealthy.

This is where I prefer/feel more comfortable with Ps.

We're just more chill.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post

This observation/opinion of mine can be due, in part, to the fact that the one that I am currently with is an XNTJ, really an INTJ, but he's far more extroverted than most introverts I know.

Regardless, sometimes I wish he'd not be so goddamn serious, and intimidating, it makes me fear confrontation with him, which I know is unhealthy.

We're just more chill.

Fear confrontation? Wth. One should never fear confrontation in a relationship.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    This is where I should tap into Si and reassure you with lengthy concrete descriptions and caring facial expressions that, don't worry so much, the world really does exist.

But I'll plow forward with some, well, I'll call it logic:

The particular part of the earlier thesis I noticed was the suggestion that Te is used to impose something on external variables. Te efforts are rightly called an imposition if all truth is subjective. If, like all e functions are supposed to be, it is, or aims to be, objective, then Te efforts are better called conclusions. But if Te isn't objective, indeed if as it seemed you were suggesting, all i functions either end up or just are more important than e functions, all e functions must fail to be objective, either some of the time, or all of the time, owing to the primacy of all i subjectivity.
    Truth is subjective. Life and death are not. Fe deals with issues of life and death, as they relate to human survival strategy. That's not to say that they can't or don't change. But they do objectively exist.

Te does solve problems. However, it isn't the only approach.

That means your Ne too. And your Fe. That social order you've been perceiving? It isn't there. And while I'm happy to be free of that, the cost is too high because not only is the social order not there, the world isn't either. And that subjectivity of the i functions is so totally justified it doesn't need to be questioned anymore. Except that [etc and so on and philosophical arguments about the nature of reality].
    Yes it is. It's there because you're alive and relatively safe. It's there because within your ingroup, no one has a gun to your head, no one's stealing your things, and no one's raping your wife. Now you can go into those philosophical questions, but they have nothing to do with what we observe and can incontrovertibly agree on as actually existing.

Do e functions access an objective reality? If they do, then individuals sticking too hard to an i subjectivity are making a mistake. And further to that, if e functions do access an objective reality, then sticking to an i subjectivity is OKAY!!! Where, if it's a judging i, did that i function get its data? Where did a perceiving i gets its structured conclusions?
    A combination of external data and internal survival/reproduction motivations.

But if e functions don't generally access an objective reality, then [insert Wittgenstein's Private Language Argument, or whatever modern variation actually works] and don't worry anyway.
    Which is utterly useless as far as understanding the world we live in.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Fear confrontation? Wth. One should never fear confrontation in a relationship.
    I know!!!!

I admit that I can be a bit avoidant, sometimes, but certain people make me feel more fearful than others.

I don't like being bulldozed, or attacked.

I tend to shut down or submit when this happens, which I hate.

And, yes, I realize this is no one's problem but my own.
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

My previous post only pertains to my intimate relationships.

When I am attacked or bulldozed, dozerd? by people who are not my SO, that definitely elicits a different response.

rawr!
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Truth is subjective.
    Ti values: all truth is subjective.
    Te values: there's something out there.

Life and death are not. Fe deals with issues of life and death, as they relate to human survival strategy. That's not to say that they can't or don't change. But they do objectively exist.
    They do? So that'd be, like a, what do they call those things--objective truths?

Yes it is. It's there because you're alive and relatively safe. It's there because within your ingroup, no one has a gun to your head, no one's stealing your things, and no one's raping your wife. Now you can go into those philosophical questions, but they have nothing to do with what we observe and can incontrovertibly agree on as actually existing.
    That's exciting. I shall thank an ENFJ today.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

wtf has happened to this thread!?!?

I'm currently in a relationship with an INTJ and this thread is apparently NOT the place to go to get some pertinent input.

`

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post

We're just more chill.

It's because they're hurting on the inside. Don't be afraid. They're probably more afraid of you than you are of them.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Ti values: all truth is subjective.
    Te values: there's something out there.
    Really? I'd think it would be the other way around. Logic depending on the context for Te, and logic being inherent for Ti.

Silly : Independence breeds courage. Just saying

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    It's because they're hurting on the inside. Don't be afraid. They're probably more afraid of you than you are of them.
    I agree.

But they, or he tends to attack/manipulate me into feeling/being wrong!

I don't know if it is a Te-driven attack, regardless, confrontation with him, whenever I am truly upset about something that implicates him in some wrong doing leads to very bad things!!!
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles