• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] update on my adhd

v-in-tx

MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
**total sidebar right from the beginning**

dude, can i just say that i'm a bit confused as to the difference b/w posting in the "personal thread" and "private forum"... can someone please explain?

any hoots... last time i posted i mentioned that i wanted to take a more holistic approach to my adhd. well, after much research and going on totallyadd.com i came to the decision that i need meds.

uhm.... let me just say that i wish i had not been in denial about needing them for so long. i feel like i can concentrate on me and focus in on my true ideals and not have to battle with the channel changing in my head.

at this point there are so many other steps now that i am so willing and not scared to undertake and accomplish.

super duper excited and finally feeling optimistic again. i love having that feeling.

revolve

**total sidebar right from the beginning**

dude, can i just say that i'm a bit confused as to the difference b/w posting in the "personal thread" and "private forum"... can someone please explain?

any hoots... last time i posted i mentioned that i wanted to take a more holistic approach to my adhd. well, after much research and going on totallyadd.com i came to the decision that i need meds.

uhm.... let me just say that i wish i had not been in denial about needing them for so long. i feel like i can concentrate on me and focus in on my true ideals and not have to battle with the channel changing in my head.

at this point there are so many other steps now that i am so willing and not scared to undertake and accomplish.

super duper excited and finally feeling optimistic again. i love having that feeling.

wow, v-in-tx
you're writing / talking style sounds exactly like me . . . i bet you are an enneagram 7 with a 6 wing . . . anyways . . . congratulations on the add meds . . . i'm wondering your age, if you don't mind me asking . . . i've never taken anything for add before but i have an app't next week to get something so i too am excited . . . i've been singlehandedly dealing with overactive uncontrollable Ne for far far too long & have finally come to the conclusion that i could use some help in taming this shrew too :hi:
anyways congrats to using meds again (i have tried holistic stuff too blah blah) & keep us posted on your observations . . . seriously :hug:

v-in-tx

MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
wow, v-in-tx
you're writing / talking style sounds exactly like me . . . i bet you are an enneagram 7 with a 6 wing . . . anyways . . . congratulations on the add meds . . . i'm wondering your age, if you don't mind me asking . . . i've never taken anything for add before but i have an app't next week to get something so i too am excited . . . i've been single handedly dealing with overactive uncontrollable Ne for far far too long & have finally come to the conclusion that i could use some help in taming this shrew too.
anyways congrats to using meds again (i have tried holistic stuff too blah blah) & keep us posted on your observations . . . seriously.

hey there! :hi:

i am a 7, but i'm not really sure what that means and have no clue what the wing thing is you just mentioned either. hahahahaha. to tell you the truth, i'm still researching the depths of how my adhd effects my personality type.... what the difference is b/w a reaction or thought being adhd or my enfp self. i have found that the meds let me find direction. and that is extremely profound.

i'm on the totallyadd.com website. you should check it out. chalked full of info.

i'm 32. and on adderall. i'll add you as a friend. let me know how your appt goes! good luck! :hug:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was diagnosed in my early teens. Something didn't feel right when I took the meds so it kinda scared me off them. Since then I've been learning a bit of self control, but it's still been an up cliff battle. One thing I'm happy about though: I can live on my own and don't "need" help with the practical stuff.

Chloe

i still dont understand what add is.... i mean.... who can really concentrate???

i for example cant concentrate to read stuff. posts. i read first and last sentence... or i take several pauses between reading posts. any posts. even if i am interested.

so how did -in detail - adhd manifest in your case? if you're willing to describe.

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
what the difference is b/w a reaction or thought being adhd or my enfp self.

i'm on the totallyadd.com website. you should check it out. goes! good luck!

Hi! wow, your question is like the theme of my personality-life.

I did check out the site. Mucho cool, and funny. ^_^

...Did you know I lost my attendance file at least twice a week last year? And I only had to use it four days a week. :D

v-in-tx

MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
i still dont understand what add is.... i mean.... who can really concentrate???

i for example cant concentrate to read stuff. posts. i read first and last sentence... or i take several pauses between reading posts. any posts. even if i am interested.

so how did -in detail - adhd manifest in your case? if you're willing to describe.

oh my gosh... where do i begin? let's see.
add and adhd are comprised of several symptoms, but the main one is the inability to focus. taken from a video on the site:

"our bodies take in and process tons of information daily. sights, sounds, textures.... and the mind has a powerful filter. this filter edits the irrelevant stuff.

if you want to focus you must have a filter that functions properly. if not, you have a tough time focusing."

the best way for you to truly understand it is to go to the site and watch the vids. totallyadd.com
they are geared toward the ADD mind, so they are short snippets of information that grab your attention span for the length it needs and then moves on. there is even a video test you can take. i'll tell you when i answered the Q's... i answered "no" to only one question. that should give you an idea, when you hear the question, of what i've had to deal with my whole life. and tried to control without help.

as far as the manifestation of my personal adhd... my earliest memory would be about age 6. where i was easily distracted in class. i'd move from one project or task to another without completing it. my teachers would tell me to "sit down and finish" about 7 to 8 times every hour, when it was something that was difficult or uninteresting to me. and i wouldn't ask the teacher or my friends for help, b/c i truly didn't want to come across as being stupid.

my inability and frustration with reading comprehension began in 4th grade. i remember vividly how the teacher gave up on me. she thought i was doing it on purpose... not wanting to tell her what i understood from the paragraphs. she would tell my mother that i was so good at math and art... science was a breeze, but that i was too lazy to care about reading and understanding what the words said. in all honesty, i went completely down hill from there. it wasn't until i met a guy who had add also, when i was 19 that all the struggles i had in school made sense. he was the first person that took the time to walk me through reading a math word problem and learning how to break it down to get the relevant information i needed to get to the part of problem that was a breeze for me. Chloee, you get disinterested, or bored with a post or thread... my problem is that i have to read it twice, sometimes 3 times before i can even truly understand the point that the person is trying to make. even the "easy" ones perturb me at times.

i have learned to cope with certain things in my life. just like "runvardh". learned to deal with the mundane items of life. i even went as far as learning to organize my day on charts so i could stay on track with simple things like chores and a bedtime routine for my kids. but after a while i began to lose hope that there is more to life... b/c it is sooooooooo mentally exhausting living day to day, that i can't even imagine or want to put forth the effort to think BIG. to think that i could accomplish more in life than just eating, working, breathing and sleeping. i became depressed. and begin to "lose myself" in that depression and loss of hope.

then i started to learn and see the effect my problems were having on my marriage and my family. and as much as i would try and try... i just couldn't show that i truly wanted to measure up, be on point and stay that way. i'd lose my direction again. i'd focus on the wrong things. downward spiral would repeat itself.

it got old, and i needed to make a change. i tried diet, exercise, meditation, classes on time management (which is cool and i totally get it now, but not without my meds), even went as far as trying more or less sleep. nothing worked.

doc said, "take these, journal and let me know how you are in two weeks".

"uhm, yeah... whatever", i thought. but dang... i remember the first day i took it. and spoke to my husband in the evening after the kids went to bed. for the first time ever, since we've been married, i was able to get my point across to him without feeling flustered, listen to him speak and comprehend what he was asking and feel like we were two grown adults talking on the level.

it's a nice feeling i tell ya.:yes:

hope that helps. i may have veered from the question at hand, but at least you have a slim insight to my background. there are a whole lot of more personal elements that play into how i've coped with it.... but i'm not gonna go there.

PM me if you have any more Q's.

peace!