User Tag List

First 678

Thread: NFs dating SJs

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I've seen two examples (my own relationship and my parents'). Communication was/is a big problem for both. Maybe with self-awareness and willingness to adjust it could work. There are some great complementary traits to each other.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

my infp mom and my istj dad do pretty well together, tho it wouldn't be my cup of tea. they relate thru Si some some Fi, but communication (for my tastes) would be very minimalistic. it works for them tho, i'm glad to see it.

as far as S types go my best experiences (not romantically but period) are with istjs and isfps.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

SJs, you are a lovely bunch, and some of my closest friends have been SJs (ISFJ and ESFJ), but...I have yet to be attracted to an SJ. It's that lack of communication that other people are mentioning; one ISTJ boy I know was very interested in pursuing a relationship with me, and I felt very horrible for turning him down, but there were so many problems I could foresee even from little things like small talk. I'd make a joke, and it'd confuse him; I'd mention something lightly and he'd take it to heart; I'd comment on something generally and he'd only reply on specific details. Altogether, I felt like we had a very superficial understanding of each other.

Now, of course, I have met SJs whom are very pleasant, attractive, mentally-stimulating people, but they'll all been friends with me, and of the female sort. However, if they were men, would I date them? Hell no. It's just I don't feel drawn to their personalities on that level. On the other hand, my SJ mom and NF dad are happily married for almost 25 years, so what do I know?
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I have seen female NFs with male SJs but I have never seen female SJs with male NFs. I wonder how frequently that pairing exists in the wild.