User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    First of all, it can come off as rather abrasive. Even the sweetest ENFP can be seen as a hardened jerk in the workplace. Ne-Te lays the smackdown. It can be forceful and aggressive and intrusive, on the negative side.
    I think the Ne-Te smackdown is different then the Ne-Te loop. I would say the loop is externally digging to get to the bottom of things. Getting stuck in that external search until you find what you were looking for.
    Im out, its been fun

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Ok, to clarify, Ne-Te can lead to being utterly convinced about something that has no basis in logic. And the person continues to try to create reasons why this logic is the truth, rather than analyzing why it may not be. I've seen this loop often. It measures behavior and draws the wrong conclusion because the data is not processed properly.

Fi-Si is something that I have rarely seen in an ENFP, especially when Ne is strong, but it shows itself as submission and being easily influenced. I see this more in INFPs.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Puppy View Post
    I feel surrounded by happy, affirming love vibrations and abrasive, direct, blunt communication.

just like heaven.
    Hahaha...umm...

I'm convinced now that one of my former managers was an ENFP. In corporate settings everyone is encouraged to be some form of TJ, so I chalked up her bizarre behavior to that. But, the Ne-Te work mode makes more sense. She could be down right loopy at work and flip from laughing and making silly jokes (Ne-Fi running free?) to *BAM* doing the Te smackdown in a second. She also didn't manage well (or at all) so overall I found it really confusing.

If she was an ENFP, the Ne-Te smackdown combined with all the other goofy soft ENFPness was wonders for her career. The fact she could be . "abrasive" and "aggressive" and intractable meant she played well in that particular corporate environment.

BTW - I'm kinda horrified to think that I may come off like that ^^ at work.
    So unpleasant. But I know I can get in that mode when I just want to get something done and become humorless and maybe even ruthless. I think your Fi has to tell you (strongly) though that you are in the right and especially that someone/something is trying to do something "wrong" for the Ne-Te mode to go into effect.

As for the Fi-Si loop - oh definitely there's a loop! Or I dunno, I characterize it as Fi-Si. I touched on it in my 'anger' thread, but I think being able to vividly recall events and emotionally re-experience them, over and over and over again....that's Fi-Si. So you can be super sentimental. At worst, it's kinda like having self-induced Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. When you don't want to keep thinking or feeling an event but you 'can't help it'.

I taught myself how to get out of that ^^ by completely ignoring events that triggered or bothered me - after I processed them as best as I could with Ti/Fi and in theory put it to rest. If there's nothing more I can do in the present to process it, I put it to bed and resolve to be a better person and more capable later to come back to it and process it. Or maybe ignore the events themselves and process the root issues and fallout from them.

Does that make sense?
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

I was waiting for you to show up, Puppy! I even wanted to tell him to talk to you directly since you know so much stuff about this, but I didn't want to call you out against your will. (I learned my lesson, big time! )

I have to admit, it's hard for me to accept the ENFP parts of your DISC assessment, even though I know it's true, due to the gross inaccuracy of the ExTP results. Ugh. That scoring is a highly personal value judgment from the person who wrote the test.

I'll start a disc thread and scan my results in. It does a good job of Te, Fi and Fe, but really screws up the last letter "C" with-Ti and SiTe getting mixed up. I think a lot of this stuff is actually written up by ENFPs as we do love to make up personality theories which-if they fit "our" evidence-we will accept as fact until proven wrong. This DISC may work for TeFi users but is all screwed up for TiFe users Keep in mind Te loves fierce arguments and very blunt disagreement but will come across as sounding very "right" even when it is halfway wrong.

Always call Te users on this-they dont mind honestly. We correct given new data as we arent attached in anyway to the idea-it is just a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by bighairything View Post
    So with this disclaimer out of the way, returning to my original post: what is it that can cause an extroverted ENFP to get stuck in introverted cycles of behaviour? I like being around other people, am generally happy when I am around other people, and for the most part get my energy off being around them. Yet when I get cut off from them, it can be extremely difficult to reconnect. Even when I know that all I need to do is pick up a phone and arrange to meet a friend, it can be very difficult to do this. When I'm alone I get depressed, and when I'm depressed I don't feel like seeing other people, but it's precisely because I haven't been seeing other people that I'm depressed in the first place.

Can anyone think of a functional basis for explaining this?

Maybe it's an NeFi loop where Ne has turned inward on itself (but not turned into Ni). When I'm cut off from the world, the quickest way to get my Ne fix is through the internet. This causes Fi to stir - pleasure at getting some sort of Ne fix, sadness at being cut off face to face contact with other people - causing me to turn to the internet for another Ne hit etc etc.
    I have to avoid this site honestly-it gets Ne going crazy because I "thread hop" and my brain goes nuts gathering information. Fi makes me tired-the bits of Fe I have seen use so much less mental energy and I feel energized. So as an ENFP I actually dont like going out often. But being alone too often is bad as Ne seeks affirmation. meditation helps calm Ne down and lessen the need for external feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by ergophobe View Post
    Yes-there is an Fi-Si loop for ENFPS. I think I would describe it as an Ne-Fi-Si loop without adequate help from Te. This is the ENFP paranoia loop too. Ne thinks of possibilities, Fi catches on to the worst of the lot, Si helps remember past events that may nor may not objectively support what Fi feels but Fi interprets them negatively anyway....rinse and repeat. When Te is strong, it helps detach and view all of the paranoia as intriguing but completely laughable. I am better able to discern with the detachment Te provides, what situations deserve the loopiness...
    SiFi-hmmmm,

I know I am "away from pain" from an NLP perspective, like my ISTJ brethren, but often I can Ne my way out of the Si memories. I need to understand where the pain points are, but once I have established those boundaries, I can let Ne vision find a path between them. And yup, Te logically dismisses the paranoia, once it figured out that was a pattern.

I do find the FiTe combo would likely wreck havoc on a relationship with a Ti/Fe user. To protect Fi, I MUST have a sense of Te boundaries so I feel safe. However I think Fe and Ti are more like playing a subtle game of tag and that is where the fun is for those folks.

Funny, the Te "boundaries" are amazingly open. Given my "away from" behavior, I can tell you exactly what I do not want and outside of that, I accept most anything.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by bighairything View Post
    Seriously though, how do you think the Ne-Te loop expresses itself?
    Little Linguist's Type Rant
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Ok, to clarify, Ne-Te can lead to being utterly convinced about something that has no basis in logic. And the person continues to try to create reasons why this logic is the truth, rather than analyzing why it may not be. I've seen this loop often. It measures behavior and draws the wrong conclusion because the data is not processed properly.
    I think this may be why we pair so well with entps. My ENTPs are really lacking in Te-the women have some and do pretty well, but the poor guys are totally without. So they can Ti amazing solutions but have no sense of how to implement operationally.

I am utterly lacking in details which are really connections between points. So I need someone with Ti to help trace logical paths between my NeTe leaps (as well as take beautiful Ne leaps with me) and give me feedback when they are way off or too tainted with Fi prejudice. Didnt really see this as an NeTe pattern though till you pointed it out. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    not bad, not bad. Good job LL! I should find some of my NeTe rants to post too. Sometimes you just have to share the frustration....

garbage

I can't speak to Ne-Si; as others have said, weak Si is to pinpoint exactly where it's being used. I can definitely field Ne-Te, though.

When it's a subconscious reaction, weak Te brought out to the forefront can bring with it an emotionally-charged but very direct mode of thinking; however, it can also draw the wrong conclusions and be stuck on them. It's almost as if all the possibilities that exist out there are filtered 'incorrectly.' Others have done a better job than I of describing this.

When channeled correctly, though, the 'Ne-Te mode of thinking' can be a powerhouse. Ne sees many different possibilities in a given situation, and Te can bring a great degree of follow-through, a sense of coordination, and a plan of action for the 'best' possibilities. It's a great mentality to get into when trying to be somewhat productive, a niche similar to TeNi and NeTi but also quite different.

NeFi can express personal sentiments pretty well, but it goes off on many, many tangents.. it doesn't bring things 'to the point' like Te does. Sometimes, that's useful; sometimes, it's not. Thus, Te can bring clarity of thought as well.

For me, I think that some of my posts are direct and to the point despite having that Ne flavor to them.. but distilling my sentiments down to a few sentences or so takes some effort. I also think that the video I posted is something along these lines; I had to take my time to reflect when I wanted to answer questions in a direct way.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Puppy View Post
    I have to avoid this site honestly-it gets Ne going crazy because I "thread hop" and my brain goes nuts gathering information. Fi makes me tired-the bits of Fe I have seen use so much less mental energy and I feel energized. So as an ENFP I actually dont like going out often. But being alone too often is bad as Ne seeks affirmation. meditation helps calm Ne down and lessen the need for external feedback.
    Yeah, meditation is great for calming down Ne. I've been on a couple of retreats, but away from retreats my Ne fights tooth and nail to stop me from just sitting down and meditating.

Part of my problem is just good old fashioned procrastination. I work from home, freelance, and tend to shut myself off from the world when I have an article to write, which I then proceed to not write, further delaying the moment I can reemerge into the world. I've been doing it for years and its really not working for me. Plus I'm all emo right now because I miss my girlfriend who I haven't seen since just before Christmas. But I'll see her again on Monday

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

First of all, it can come off as rather abrasive. Even the sweetest ENFP can be seen as a hardened jerk in the workplace. Ne-Te lays the smackdown. It can be forceful and aggressive and intrusive, on the negative side.

On the positive side, it can be quite efficient and organized. It's cute, actually.

I see a lot of danger though when there is no Fi processing. I knew this one ENFP guy who would create constructs for all the Ne idea rambles that went on in his head. Like when he believed his wife was cheating, Ne would generate a million and one possibilities and ideas about everything his wife said or did. Te would make it concrete because it fit into the construct of a cheating wife. He never double checked his Fi to see if he really felt his devoted wife would do that to him, you know what I mean? It was a like a beast on the loose with no internal analysis for validation or authenticity.
    This is a good description of it. I've considered starting a Dom-Tert loop thread, discussing how it plays out for each type.

It seems more likely for an extrovert to fall into an extroverted functions loop, and an introvert to fall into an introverted functions loop, but I suppose an ENFP could fall victim to inferior Si. I know my inferior Te can be ugly sometimes.

I suspect a Fi-Si loop for an ENFP would still have some heavy Ne in there, but instead of opening up possibilities like it does for a withdrawn INFP, it may be prone to paranoia more, as Si is less anchoring than it is for an INFP.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe