User Tag List

First 9101112 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

It's hard to tell the difference between happiness and sadness when you are completely desensitized as a person.

Feelings serve the same purpose as taste or smell or sound or visuals etc How can you see the value in cuisine if everything tastes the same?

Extreme highs and lows suck...but when there's a good balance, they can represent the spice of life.

Ask yourself : what would be the "point" in not feeling things at all? Can you imagine the state of constant boredom it might be? No rushes of any kind?

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    id rather not go on
    Well, isn't that nice...

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Well, isn't that nice...
    porukat suuttuis ihan liikaa
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Eikhn ne suutu nytkii...

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    there is no point. thats why its an F thing
    Reminds me of an ENTP I know. He says something along that line from time to time. He doesn't say exactly that there isn't any point to feeling, more like, because he looks at things rather objectively and wholistically, either a strong emotion isn't triggered in the first place or if an emotion is triggered, he doesn't intensify it. Like riding a wave as it goes up and down but not being overwhelmed by each individual wave because you see the whole ocean. And because he appreciates the big picture of the ocean, each individual wave isn't that serious, hence not intense.

He is one of the least emotionally confused people I've ever met. Although also a T, I am much more vulnerable to my emotions than he is and so when the emotion is painful, I suffer a lot more from it and am more confused by it. I like to get his advice because I know he is likely to see things as they are.

When I compare to an INFJ I know well, it's like she experiences the individual waves more dramatically because she's concentrating on the wave rather than the ocean. On the other hand, this gives her more empathy and patience with people if they are suffering or confused. Her advice is also good because it comes from understanding.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Eikhn ne suutu nytkii...
    muttei iha liikaa
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Thread resurrection because I found this article to be interesting and relevant to the topic of discussion. Don't agree with all of it (especially the part about obesity) but can relate to most of it...

Sadness and Mourning explores the importance of acknowledging feelings and using them in the service of growth and change. Inside Out Journal Inside Out - Exploring the Life of the Mind
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    Thread resurrection because I found this article to be interesting and relevant to the topic of discussion. Don't agree with all of it (especially the part about obesity) but can relate to most of it...

Sadness and Mourning explores the importance of acknowledging feelings and using them in the service of growth and change. Inside Out Journal Inside Out - Exploring the Life of the Mind
    very interesting thanks for posting.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

In our culture, physiological illness is considered legitimate while emotional distress is not. How can the physician successfully treat a physiological disturbance when its origin is the mind, when it serves as a necessary cloaking device for unwanted feelings?

If we dont fully engage our experiences and all the feelings they generate, we dont learn from them and are destined to repeat them or act them out. A child whose age-appropriate anger is unwelcome and unprocessed will become a raging adult, terrorized by his own unmanageable feelings. A beautiful sunset also represents the passing of another day. You cannot enjoy one without sensing the other. Complex feelings punctuate meaningful life experiences.

Do not eclipse the breadth and depth of your feelings by distracting yourself too quickly. The ability to embrace and appreciate the impress of all feelings with equal vitality denotes the full expression of psychological maturity.

a lot of truth here.
    Enneagram 5w4.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Why do NFs need to feel upset so easily? What is the purpose of this, what's its usefulness?

The only logical answer I find is compassion and empathy. When an event has wounded us, we remember the feelings so vividly that whenever we see someone else suffering, we want to help and listen. Does this makes sense to you?
    We invent our own purpose and usefulness. We don't need to do anything. Eh. I don't care to sympathize with others over most things; it does drain me and it is not beneficial to me, or them really to be tied up in other people's emotional messes. I keep things in perspective and after being upset one too many times, I have learned to cope with it in my own way. The answer is to develop your Te so that your 'episodes' as I like to call it passes quicker and is less overwhelming. I learn about humanity in a slightly different way because I am NF and what I do with this information is what I perceive to be my purpose and usefulness. I keep saying to myself that it doesn't matter what I feel but what I do with this feeling ultimately. Just 'feeling' doesn't change anything, got to go a step further.