• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Famous Canadian NFs

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Hey, I realized there are a lot of Canadians on this forum. I was wondering if you could think of any famous Canadian NFs (artists or else) ? I can't think of that many just now, but here's my list:

Lucy Maud Montgomery
Leonard Cohen
Loreena McKennitt
Mary Jane Lamond
Sarah Harmer
Bruce Cockburn (?)
Chantal Kreviazuk (?)

Non-Canadians are welcome to add, if they know any. :hi:

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Sarah McLachlan?

And I think the jury is in on Emily Haines and Leslie Feist being NFs of some sort. They're Canadian, I think.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
L M Montgomery is of course THE great Canadian children's writer, and if Emily of New Moon really is autobiographical it seems quite likely that she was INFJ.

However, there's another Canadian children's writer called Kit Pearson who seems like a strong candidate. Her books include A Handful of Time, Awake and Dreaming and the Guests of War trilogy, among others. Her main characters (mostly girls) tend to be sensitive, imaginative and somewhat lonely and isolated. I realised when re-reading The Daring Game (her first novel) recently that it seems to be a portrait of a somewhat troubled friendship between an INFJ (or ISFJ?) girl and an ESTP girl (set in a boarding school in Vancouver in the 60's.)

I'd hazard a guess that Kit Pearson is INFJ or INFP. In any case, she is a wonderful writer, one of my favourites in any genre, not just children's.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Alanis Morissette

I would prefer to think she's not NF ;) I HATE HER. She's such a whiny little so-and-so and her voice is horrific. She typified everything that was worst about 90's music. (oh, my boyfriend screwed me over, I'm going to whine and scream about it forever and get in touch with my woman-ness)

Rant over :D Then again, she could be an NF at that... ;)

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
I would prefer to think she's not NF ;) I HATE HER. She's such a whiny little so-and-so and her voice is horrific. She typified everything that was worst about 90's music. (oh, my boyfriend screwed me over, I'm going to whine and scream about it forever and get in touch with my woman-ness)

Rant over :D Then again, she could be an NF at that... ;)

Ah there could be a reason you hadn't mentioned her ;). I don't dislike her, I like some CDs, think JLP is very good. In another discussion we got at ENFJ...

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Eh, a good portion of famous Canadians that non-Canadians would know are a little embarassing to claim...

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
I'd hazard a guess that Kit Pearson is INFJ or INFP. In any case, she is a wonderful writer, one of my favourites in any genre, not just children's.

I have heard of her. Never read anything, though. I didn't know she was Canadian.

Alanis Morissette? Which type? I would have seen her more as SP.

What about David Suzuki? NT or NF?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why would you smack him?

The big bus he used while trying to preach environmentalism. Unless he actually needed the space and had a half decently efficient engine, such a waste of fuel made me shake my head.

Usehername

On a mission

I haven't read her since I was 10ish, but I loved her books.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have heard of her. Never read anything, though. I didn't know she was Canadian.

Kit Pearson is very Canadian...in a good way...she has a very strong sense of place in her Canadian settings, including Vancouver, Toronto, and the Prairies.

As for David Suzuki, I don't like him either, and I have an interesting reason for it. A friend who is a fellow Christian used to be his postman and they used to have chats about religion, science etc. The friend moved away to another city, and I think he got in touch with Suzuki again to see if he wanted to continue the conversations by correspondence. Suzuki had the nerve to send my friend a postcard of himself (ie. the kind of thing you'd send for fan mail) on which he had written "I'm really not interested, and it's always been the same since you started trying to lay that religion &£$# on me." Unbelievable! The funny thing is, he shot himself in the foot by doing that. My friend, and my family who all heard this story, now all think of Suzuki as a jerk. All he had to do was send a polite note saying "Thanks for getting in touch again, but to be honest, I'm really not that keen to continue these discussions." But no...

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
As for David Suzuki, I don't like him either, and I have an interesting reason for it. A friend who is a fellow Christian used to be his postman and they used to have chats about religion, science etc. The friend moved away to another city, and I think he got in touch with Suzuki again to see if he wanted to continue the conversations by correspondence. Suzuki had the nerve to send my friend a postcard of himself (ie. the kind of thing you'd send for fan mail) on which he had written "I'm really not interested, and it's always been the same since you started trying to lay that religion &£$# on me." Unbelievable! The funny thing is, he shot himself in the foot by doing that. My friend, and my family who all heard this story, now all think of Suzuki as a jerk. All he had to do was send a polite note saying "Thanks for getting in touch again, but to be honest, I'm really not that keen to continue these discussions." But no...

Oh dear... :huh:

Jon Snow

MBTI Type
INFP
One that comes to mind immediately is the late Dédé Fortin(which would hate being labelled as a famous ''Canadian'').

along with probably over half the artists from Québec..