User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Fe as Vibration in the Ether

People and the state now of the network of relationships between them are the music, FJs are the musicians. --Carl Sagan.

?!?

Details?
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

In other words, think of a relationship as a chemical reaction, you have Person A, and Person B. Suppose the reaction between Person A and Person B needs a little bit more activation energy. The FJ serves as the catalyst for Person A and Person B and is able to get the relationship to function.

It would look something like this:

Person A + Person B ----------> Person A==Person B
    (FJ should be over the Yield Arrow)

I hope this makes sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    People and the state now of the network of relationships between them are the music, FJs are the musicians. --Carl Sagan.

?!?

Details?
    Music is a flow, a series of notes that invoke certain things. Music is essentially strategy with more feel than logic. You have a goal in mind, to make a friend, or emotionally bruise an enemy, and use what strategies you know (from your perceiving function) to reach it. Music is the same, you want someone to feel a certain thing and you use what strategies you know to reach that end.

Basically Te, but with an F instead of T. Fe users are just much more in tune with feelings of people and their reactions rather than the Te's use of hard data.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    INTJ

The metaphor of music also invokes the idea of harmony, and being the musician suggests something ongoing, a creative act, a reaching for.

The idea of playing the music, however, doesn't quite fit. Sounds manipulative. The counter balance is the idea that the people and the networks between them are the music. Not made to be the music. They already are it.

With those ideas there's a lot of movement and interaction and shape suggested.

Whoo! Metaphors. Really?
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

As far as I can tell, Fe is more concerned with peoples outer behaviours than what is going on inside there heads. Strong Fe types can be very good at getting prople to do as they want, even if they are are unaware or unconcerned by how much other people resent them.

For exmple this sight here INFJ - Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging lists male INFJs as being one of the most oblivious to there partners feelings. probablytoo busy trying to put there vision together to see that not everyone esle is happy with it

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Sagan was actually talking about type? Where was that quote taken from?
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTJ

Ah... well, no. Carl didn't say that. He could have. Lets just say that he has said it now. And I wondered if the metaphor were descriptive.

The trying thing about extraverted feeling is that, being partnered with introverted thinking, there isn't much said directly about what extraverted feeling is. You're all thinking away to yourselves, following truth trails, and letting slip a piece here and a piece there, and dammit, if the actual process of letting information slip isn't governed probably by Fe itself! It's a conundrum: one either joins the party or one tries to say what the party is and the party dissolves.

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    In other words, think of a relationship as a chemical reaction, you have Person A, and Person B. Suppose the reaction between Person A and Person B needs a little bit more activation energy. The FJ serves as the catalyst for Person A and Person B and is able to get the relationship to function.

It would look something like this:

Person A + Person B ----------> Person A==Person B
    (FJ should be over the Yield Arrow)

I hope this makes sense.
    It does. That sounds about right to me. Less about logic and more about function in regards to relationship.

Ahhhh....but what happens when ENFJ is person A as well as above the arrow?
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

At a time some while ago I did actually see Fe as vibrations in the air coming from persons that I walked by and not consciously (i.e. consciously not) looked at, as if it was an automatic recognition sense ('by means of the other').

At one other time in the store I felt like I could discern one encompassing field of sympathy coils permeating the space and everyone.

Both were single occasions...
    Last edited by Llewellyn; 01-12-2010 at 05:16 AM. Reason: found a word better expressing what i mean
    INtj | 9w1

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    As far as I can tell, Fe is more concerned with peoples outer behaviours than what is going on inside there heads. Strong Fe types can be very good at getting prople to do as they want, even if they are are unaware or unconcerned by how much other people resent them.

For exmple this sight here INFJ - Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging lists male INFJs as being one of the most oblivious to there partners feelings. probablytoo busy trying to put there vision together to see that not everyone esle is happy with it
    Why do other people resent them? (she asked, bravely)