User Tag List

First 234

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    I don't do any of that organizing for charity and pushing people around, etc. stuff, so ... *shrug*
    When most people bitch and cry about how the bad Fe touched them, it's usually oriented towards Fe doms.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    When most people bitch and cry about how the bad Fe touched them, it's usually oriented towards Fe doms.
    Maybe, but even the examples of Fe's becoming pushy and domineering aren't so much Fe as more simply Control Issues, and other things going on. Sure, charity work, and the like, might be more stereotypically associated with Fe in the sense that its concern is more for the group, but there are plenty of STJ's out there (and those of other types) who are just as battle-axing and pushy towards things they value, and think other people should value as well.

The other thing I've always wondered about concerning non-Fe's griping about Fe's being 'manipulative' and the like, is that it's conveyed as if the non-Fe is powerless to say No and resist the evil-Fe's nudging. I mean, if you 'allow' yourself to be manipulated (of course only as you define manipulation, because generally speaking many times we think someone is manipulating, is only because we read it in that sense, it's typically not the intent at all of the person doing the said manipulation), why complain after the fact? You could have resisted in the first place, and if it's something you didn't want to do, just say politely, no thanks, I'm not interested. I just don't quite understand the tone of powerlessness in the face of Fe. Everyone always has a right to say no to something they don't want to do.

For example, someone might care about a charity they're a part of, or might value helping other people (they might be Fe, they might not be). It's just who they are. They might request someone else to help out. Simply asking. No expectations. The other person could simply say, no thanks, it's not for me, and that's that. No hard feelings from the Fe-user. Or if they have hard feelings, it's not so much an Fe thing as a fact that the Fe user has issues of their own when it comes to not being able to respect the inclinations/personality of other people.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    The other thing I've always wondered about concerning non-Fe's griping about Fe's being 'manipulative' and the like, is that it's conveyed as if the non-Fe is powerless to say No and resist the evil-Fe's nudging. I mean, if you 'allow' yourself to be manipulated (of course only as you define manipulation, because generally speaking many times we think someone is manipulating, is only because we read it in that sense, it's typically not the intent at all of the person doing the said manipulation), why complain after the fact? You could have resisted in the first place, and if it's something you didn't want to do, just say politely, no thanks, I'm not interested. I just don't quite understand the tone of powerlessness in the face of Fe. Everyone always has a right to say no to something they don't want to do.
    They're lying?

How to tell the difference between manipulation and substantially conflicting priorities 101:

"Fuck, man! I want this, this and this to happen, I think they're the right things to do right now."
    "Wow, you're upset, *smile face, won't you smile too!*"
    "Yeah, I feel bad, so lets just do this thing, okay?"
    "I know we can do it, I want to do it too."
    "So why not fucking do it?!"
    "*Cringe* Haha, we can be happy if we try! Look at this beautiful thing."
    "Stop changing the goddamn subject!"
    "*silence* What's wrong with you?"
    "What? What now?! Look, the answer is just do this, this and this, okay."
    "I won't call you a bad person, we will work this out."

Etc.

The sense of powerlessness arises, one assumes, because the Fe type does and will not take part in the Te project. They may try out some part of it. But they WILL alter its goals and the way in which it is performed, and... basically.. they will alter it into something they understand. Project is lost to the Fe user. Power exits the building. And while the Te person is busy assaulting the Fe user making it feel bad, the Fe user is almost constantly struggling back, altering its feeling state toward the better. The Te monster doesn't get this opportunity, because its feeling is tied to the project. Power loss is *felt*.

You guys are a menace.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr