User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Think of Ni as already in existence sheet music, Fe is the conductor, trying to conduct all the 'music' coming from people (in other words, their emotions ) and trying to make sure that the music is brought together in an ongoing harmonic concerto, via Ti, which sees the purpose and builds the music towards the purpose.
    Purpose is emotional harmony.
    Fe conducts the orchestra, (other people) by a bit of validation here, and bit of empathy there, maybe a bit of support somewhere else.. all overseen by Ni, which is the orignal sheet music, the original 'plan'.

Tilty Red, maybe some people resent Fe because they wanna play their own freestyle music within the orchestra, and be dischordant,.. and Fe is trying to get everyone to harmonise. (Think of Lisa Simpson being thrown out of the orchestra in the opening credits of the Simpsons for playing her sax freestyle.)
    G. x
    My INFJ license is regulary revoked,.. I am a sometime refugee in the INTJ holding centre.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Why do other people resent them? (she asked, bravely)
    Because strong Fe types have a talent for getting people to agree to things they don't really want to! The worst thing is, half the time the Fe user doesn't even realise when they are doing it. They tend to trample all over other proples feelings, even if they are doing it for "The greatre Good".

Think of the women who is always trying to pester people into helping out with their charity jumble sale when nobody is really interested. Or those blasted people who walk up to you in the middle of the street and start pestering you about god.

MBTI
    INTJ

I'd go with the idea the resentment shows up when there are substantially differing priorities at work. Like when an TJ rides roughshod over precarious relationship opportunities and thinks he can still make a project work.

That would be the dog whistle.

Well, let's not call it the dog whistle. Let's call it the Te Trumpet.

So there's some Te Trumpter bleating away some--to him--pleasing and sonorous marching tune, but it's not audible to the Fe musician, totally different set of priorities to the network of people and relationships. The Fe musician can't hear the tune, but sure as heck can see the gyrating, honking fellow tottering about the place crashing into the other players.

What then?

(Gawlee, I really didn't want this to be another Us & Them thread... Hmmm, "Us & Them"... it's like Dad & Dave, or Me & You!!! It's Us & Them, We're Together Again!)
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Enneagram
    1w2

I have nothing to say as far as the content of this thread is concerned, but it is interesting to me to notice how most FJs aren't biting. May be nothing or may be something.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

^ I don't think anyone's biting because there's nothing to sink one's teeth into yet.

Contrast the post titles "Pretentious Fi" with "Fe as Vibrations in the Ether" ... not as provocative or eyebrow-raising. It's like stroking a cat's fur in two different directions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Let's call it the Te Trumpet.
    There's a reason why many TJ's are managers - with Te users, the rules of the "music" are applied evenly over all the players and the same effort is expected of each to play the piece.

Fe users (in the same scenario to a Te user) would appear to pick and choose who gets to play and when, and how loud and for how long ...

Both have pros and cons from time to time.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    ^ I don't think anyone's biting because there's nothing to sink one's teeth into yet.

Contrast the post titles "Pretentious Fi" with "Fe as Vibrations in the Ether" ... not as provocative or eyebrow-raising. It's like stroking a cat's fur in two different directions.
    IDK, it seems to be enough here to start people chomping, if we're talking about chum in the water. "Pretentious Fi" is not the norm, although it is highly visible and in recent memory.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Well, I can't hear if I'm talking, so ...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    IDK, it seems to be enough here to start people chomping, if we're talking about chum in the water. "Pretentious Fi" is not the norm, although it is highly visible and in recent memory.
    But as a post title "Vibrations in the Ether" sounds cool, no? So it's not going to rile up Fe users. Fi users may get hot & bothered from a perceived personal attack, but this thread has no fodder there either, being focussed on Fe.

So this thread shall slowly ebb away as a vapour through the corridors of time ...

Actually the annoying part is that Carl Sagan really didn't say that, so the whole framework of the thread starts off with a lie; to what ends and for what purpose, I am unsure. Although it will get indexed by Google and in a few years, some fool is going to quote it as fact, not fiction.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    But as a post title "Vibrations in the Ether" sounds cool, no? So it's not going to rile up Fe users. And Fi users may get hot & bothered from a perceived personal attack, and this thread has no fodder there either, being focussed on Fe.

So this thread shall slowly ebb away as a vapour through the corridors of time ...

Actually the annoying part is that Carl Sagan really didn't say that, so the whole framework of the thread starts off with a lie; for what purpose, I am unsure.
    I think "Pretentious Fi" was an atypically negative thread about Fi and this is an atypically neutral thread about Fe.

Personally, I decided this past September that I'm out of Fe discussions. My final words on the matter are here.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I feel like we're just slightly missing each other's point proteammix. Share with me what you mean about FJ's "not biting". I interpreted your comment to mean FJ's were staying cool and out of this thread, exercising good restraint and not getting involved in an Fe discussion that could become "charged".

My response was to point out that I didn't see much to upset anyone and maybe that's why it's been quiet; the thread title is very cool sounding, and indeed, the opening post is vague enough to send people clicking on to the next thread in no time flat (no offense intended there Kalach!)

I am very interested to understand exactly where your thoughts are on this proteanmix. I admire you a great deal and think you have many illuminative contributions.

Help me if I have missed what you are trying to tell me. Do you feel that Fe gets a pretty unjust treatment on the forums?