User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

ISFP question since we're in this thread.

How do you react to shows of affection or do you just really not care? I realize ISFPs are more the doer type, but I was wondering...

Example.
    Awhile ago I spent a great deal of time making a sexy coupon book with all kinds of fun things we could do together, and gave this to bf as a gift. He hasn't really used any of them and it's been a year... We have the same routine and spur of the moment play.

For V-day I got all doted up in whipped cream/strawberries/etc as a suprise when he got home that afternoon. Only response was "I'm not hungry right now sweety", so I went and washed it all off.

He very much likes me, would do pretty much anything for me, so I just chocked up to different communication styles. But is this normal?
    3w2

Those who are content being normal lack the depth and passion to rise above mediocracy.
    To push beyond their natural abilities and create a reality from their dreams.

Senior Member StrappingYoungLad's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I'm guessing he doesn't react to that kind of affection showing for two reasons: 1. He feels that it's awkward/weird/overwhelming.
    2. He knows how much you care and he feels that kind of shows are unnecessary and "forced".

I'm pretty sure though that he appreciates the gestures and you get extra points for cuteness on his score table.

If I was in his place I'd react pretty much the same, except for the whipped cream/strawberries/etc suprise (what was he thinking ??).

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Why would he feel overwhelmed? We live together and have been dating for almost two years. He's gotten me flowers/chocolates at times. But then I'm an ENFJ so by nature intense, just trying to figure out what would have been smarter to do differently...

LOL. Yeah. Well he wanted to play after I'd showered all the sugar off, but at the time I was irritated because that kinda defeated the point of trying to give him a fun suprise. If I were a guy and that happened to me, I'd play along for a bit so they knew I appreciated the effort, then hint at an alternative if I didn't want whipped cream. It's not like eating a steak or something heavy. lol...
    3w2

Those who are content being normal lack the depth and passion to rise above mediocracy.
    To push beyond their natural abilities and create a reality from their dreams.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by nynesneg View Post
    ISFP question since we're in this thread.

How do you react to shows of affection or do you just really not care? I realize ISFPs are more the doer type, but I was wondering...

Example.
    Awhile ago I spent a great deal of time making a sexy coupon book with all kinds of fun things we could do together, and gave this to bf as a gift. He hasn't really used any of them and it's been a year... We have the same routine and spur of the moment play.

For V-day I got all doted up in whipped cream/strawberries/etc as a suprise when he got home that afternoon. Only response was "I'm not hungry right now sweety", so I went and washed it all off.

He very much likes me, would do pretty much anything for me, so I just chocked up to different communication styles. But is this normal?
    um....is he....um.......does he like......um......you sure he is straight?
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by StrappingYoungLad View Post
    (what was he thinking ??).
    That's what I was thinking. That's freakin hot! I'd feel pretty flattered and awkward yes (I agree with what he's said); but that's no excuse to not do it.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

For Fe users, Fi seems to get 'weirded out' at very unpredictable times -- and the Fe gets hooked trying to figure out what it's all about