User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Yez. I get bored. I even get bored when waiting for people to finish typing in IMs. Isn't that awful! Bad Laurie.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

me too!!! i'm bored now as i'm typing this even...haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by SpottingTrains View Post
    O.o That's pretty impressive that you can actually ignore or at least see past an entire character for a chance to enjoy the story.
    Yea, this trait I have is abit interesting. The trade off is worth it, I don't know if other INFPs do this. It must be I value knowledge the movie can give me more than the personal dimension. I think this must be my more Ti/Te side.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE

Yeah I can definitely see your point, it makes sense. I think I attempt to do the same thing but I extract the knowledge from what the character I respect or relate to experiences.

MBTI
    ENFP

Yes! Boredom is the great foe of my existence, and we are locked in permanent mortal struggle, one against the next; I throw a blow, he throws and blow, and then...! Who knows who shall be victorious?

Kidding aside, I hate being bored. And I generally get bored when I'm not either dealing with people, reading, thinking, or writing (because reading and writing IS dealing with other people, in my mind). I mean, I can listen to music and get on the internet, because that's still connecting with other people, but even that gets boring after awhile, because it's not people-y enough.

I agree that repetitive tasks are horribly boring. Once I understand something, I'm ready for the next thing. I have nothing to learn from washing this next cup, or folding this next towel. Luckily, society has adapted to this and usually one can watch tv, listen to music, or talk to someone while doing such repetitive tasks. But you get what I'm saying.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

totally get what you're saying yeah.
    screw laundry...hate it...actually housework of any kind makes me mad...got to turn up the music really loud and make an event of it...or something...haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

however condescending it may sound, i find most people genuinely boring and anytime I'm in a large group I end up being the group leader; the storyteller. Someone to keep action going, and I don't do it just to entertain everyone else, its moreso to keep myself occupied and interested in whats going on, and if i relieve a number of other people's boredom simultaneously, cool.

thats just a positive side effect to me adjusting to the boredom produced by others that i refuse to sit idly by and deal with

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

YES.

Very, very, very, very bored.

MBTI
    fool

Okay. Uhm. I've been told I never complained being bored when I was a kid.

Nowadays... I want to have something to chew all the time. I need external stimulation. I need to feel I'm in motion all the time and be involved with something that engages my motivation and enthusiasm.

I need something new all the time. When there's not much going on, I start creating something myself.

I rarely find people boring. But like someone stated above about their sensitive "bullshit-meter", I totally agree with it. I'll get bored with superficial interactions and people that are talking bs. I escape to my head and start playing with my imagination (similar in the manner of Amelie Poulain in that movie Amelie, although I hate that movie). The only "boring" people would be those who are extremely rigid and harsh and follow all the rules and authorities as its absolute value - that is boring, for me.

MBTI
    INFJ

Evasion of boredom has defined me all the way back to my earliest memories --- success in that effort has given me a life so rich, both within and without, that I am deeply grateful that this impulse is so strong ...