• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs -- Are you BORED?

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yez. I get bored. I even get bored when waiting for people to finish typing in IMs. Isn't that awful! Bad Laurie. :doh:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
me too!!! i'm bored now as i'm typing this even...haha

Siegfried

MBTI Type
?
o_O That's pretty impressive that you can actually ignore or at least see past an entire character for a chance to enjoy the story.

Yea, this trait I have is abit interesting. :D The trade off is worth it, I don't know if other INFPs do this. It must be I value knowledge the movie can give me more than the personal dimension. I think this must be my more Ti/Te side.

SpottingTrains

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Yeah I can definitely see your point, it makes sense. I think I attempt to do the same thing but I extract the knowledge from what the character I respect or relate to experiences.

silverchris9

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yes! Boredom is the great foe of my existence, and we are locked in permanent mortal struggle, one against the next; I throw a blow, he throws and blow, and then...! Who knows who shall be victorious?

Kidding aside, I hate being bored. And I generally get bored when I'm not either dealing with people, reading, thinking, or writing (because reading and writing IS dealing with other people, in my mind). I mean, I can listen to music and get on the internet, because that's still connecting with other people, but even that gets boring after awhile, because it's not people-y enough.

I agree that repetitive tasks are horribly boring. Once I understand something, I'm ready for the next thing. I have nothing to learn from washing this next cup, or folding this next towel. Luckily, society has adapted to this and usually one can watch tv, listen to music, or talk to someone while doing such repetitive tasks. But you get what I'm saying.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
totally get what you're saying yeah.
screw laundry...hate it...actually housework of any kind makes me mad...got to turn up the music really loud and make an event of it...or something...haha

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
however condescending it may sound, i find most people genuinely boring and anytime I'm in a large group I end up being the group leader; the storyteller. Someone to keep action going, and I don't do it just to entertain everyone else, its moreso to keep myself occupied and interested in whats going on, and if i relieve a number of other people's boredom simultaneously, cool.

thats just a positive side effect to me adjusting to the boredom produced by others that i refuse to sit idly by and deal with

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
Okay. Uhm. I've been told I never complained being bored when I was a kid.

Nowadays... I want to have something to chew all the time. I need external stimulation. I need to feel I'm in motion all the time and be involved with something that engages my motivation and enthusiasm.

I need something new all the time. When there's not much going on, I start creating something myself.

I rarely find people boring. But like someone stated above about their sensitive "bullshit-meter", I totally agree with it. I'll get bored with superficial interactions and people that are talking bs. I escape to my head and start playing with my imagination (similar in the manner of Amelie Poulain in that movie Amelie, although I hate that movie). The only "boring" people would be those who are extremely rigid and harsh and follow all the rules and authorities as its absolute value - that is boring, for me.

ArchAngel

MBTI Type
INFJ
Evasion of boredom has defined me all the way back to my earliest memories --- success in that effort has given me a life so rich, both within and without, that I am deeply grateful that this impulse is so strong ...

Cirrus

MBTI Type
INFJ
however condescending it may sound, i find most people genuinely boring and anytime I'm in a large group I end up being the group leader; the storyteller. Someone to keep action going, and I don't do it just to entertain everyone else, its moreso to keep myself occupied and interested in whats going on, and if i relieve a number of other people's boredom simultaneously, cool.

thats just a positive side effect to me adjusting to the boredom produced by others that i refuse to sit idly by and deal with

I totally agree with this.

Sometimes I feel, even though it sounds really condescending, that groups of friends I belong to would be so much more boring if it weren't for me. I usually end up the centre of attention not because I like it, but because if I wasn't everything would be slower and duller. Everyone seems boring and slow-paced to me, so I feel I have to make everything more exciting.

I do sometimes find life boring... mainly because nobody ever tries to make it more exciting except me, it seems. =[

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Tibby - I was the same way. I wasn't bored as a kid, I was always finding soemthing to do.

Maybe its responsibilities. I really need to come to terms with being a maid/laundry woman as a mom. It's a struggle. I love taking my kids places and having fun with them. It's beyond awesome. Throwing parties and causing them and their friends to have fun. But the drudgery really sucks.

IEE623

MBTI Type
NeXx
As long as my mind is "working", I'm not bored. And it seems like my N mind barely takes any breaks

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am extremely bored all the time.

dearie.b

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm an INFJ, 24 years old. I would say that I rarely get bored. If no one else is around, I can easily entertain myself with books, the internet, art projects, organizing, and a number of different things.

Very occasionally I'll get a little antsy, when I feel the drive to get out and converse with people. This antsy-ness usually only comes on when I'm actively avoiding thinking about something unpleasant, like a break-up or studying for an exam.

The only time that I'll actually feel bored is when I'm in a social gathering where I feel that people are being "fake" (i.e. engaging in mundane chit chat, pretending to be interested in something when it's obvious to me that they aren't, etc.). I have a very sensitive "bullshit" meter, so when it's going off, I quickly lose interest in the person I'm sensing the bullshit coming from. But, even at these times, I'm not truly bored. Instead, I'm off in my head, entertained by my own thoughts.

That's me!!!!

I think types with Extraverted Intuition are easily bored and need constant external stimulation.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
really bored at the moment!!

everyone needs to talk more now...please. :)