User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by sasi View Post
    The same for me!
    I could try soccer matches..they make my eyelids fall (sooo boring!)
    And usually nothing interesting is being said.
    Crossword and suduko puzzles work well too.
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhart View Post
    I often have some time periods when I have trouble with sleeping, for example right now. Just having to think and to think and to think about all and nothing when lying in bed. I cannot shut down really. But after some time, how long it ever may be (and it can be hours sometimes, though that is then really the worse scenarios), I will finally find sleep. Then again I consume lots of caffeine, probably not the cleverst thing to do In general I need more time to find sleep than any other people I know (but well, SO many people's sleeping habits I don't know either :P). But it is not that I have that trouble all the time, sometimes I can get to sleep relative normal.

Don't know about noise. I want to keep out noise when possible, but when I hear the TV from other room a bit I don't care too much I think. Of course not when there is really loud noise.
    I don't have it all the time, either..let's say, often..
    I have read (don't remember where) that this could be more of an introverts' problem. Introverts seem to have more sleep problems because they have troubles with "disconnecting" their minds...

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i feel this at times, like a mild upper feeling. echoes. the connections are a little too loud to become drowsy. i used to occasionally have more trouble with the lights off, bc my mind would wake up.

it also helps to realize that you want a good night's sleep, to focus in a positive way on calming yourself, listening to your body, etc. it's really a fine line between letting your mind wander and drift, and awakening yourself with new thoughts. letting them go can be done.

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

I spent an entire month without sleep when I was around 19. I tried to sleep but had lost the habit of it.

A doctor recommended quiet evenings without computer work, watching a bit of tv or reading in bed. Reading in bed is good. It works well.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I don't consistently have problems; it more has to do with how much I have going on in my life that is either stressing me out or overstimulating/exciting me, and in either of those instances, I can have some serious difficulty turning my brain off at night, so can lie awake for a solid 2-3 hrs, mind spinning, before finally falling asleep. But generally speaking, I'd say 75-80% of the time I don't have problems sleeping.

Also I think it partly ties to hormones; it's almost a given, a few days a month, that I'll experience the same thing, but it's not really related to any external situation.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFJ

This is a fun exercise one of my Psych Professors taught us to do when we're attempting to go to sleep. It's good for clearing your thoughts when your mind is racing:

Go down the alphabet and list one thing you are grateful for that starts with each letter. It should be more than just listing.

Example:
    "A... Apple. I'm thankful for apples. Oooooo especially the green ones!"
    "B... Breakfast. Most important meal of the day. Mmmm pankcakes..."

Make sure it's positive things, though. It's not really as effective if you change it to "things I despise" or something negative like that. When she taught it to us I didn't think it would work, but it has definitely put me to sleep when I couldn't on my own. I don't even remember what letter I usually leave off on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I have trouble with sleep because I have nightmares. It's the curse of having an over-active imagination ;P
    "Dad I can't feel my legs."

"That's because you don't have any arms."

Thank you for all the advice!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I've always had trouble getting to sleep. My current way of dealing with it is taking a very low (300mcg) dose melatonin supplement a little while before bed, then reading or listening to an audio book until I feel drowsy. Sometimes the book thing doesn't work because if I get engrossed in the story, I can read all night. I'd be in trouble if I couldn't take naps.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    This is a fun exercise one of my Psych Professors taught us to do when we're attempting to go to sleep. It's good for clearing your thoughts when your mind is racing:

Go down the alphabet and list one thing you are grateful for that starts with each letter. It should be more than just listing.

Example:
    "A... Apple. I'm thankful for apples. Oooooo especially the green ones!"
    "B... Breakfast. Most important meal of the day. Mmmm pankcakes..."

Make sure it's positive things, though. It's not really as effective if you change it to "things I despise" or something negative like that. When she taught it to us I didn't think it would work, but it has definitely put me to sleep when I couldn't on my own. I don't even remember what letter I usually leave off on.
    It seemed hilarious to me, but nevertheless I have tried that this night. I came to Z (even though it became hilarious to think about something for X for example) and still was awake But it wasn't exactly such a hard night this time like the last one, maybe at least made me a bit sleepier.