First 23456 Last

Thread: Are NFs Clingy?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

I'm not really clingy. I was clingy with my husband for some years, but later found out that I was depressed (because of birth control pills.) (They made me paranoid aswell )
    I have no sense of humour.

MBTI
    ENFP

I'm gonna answer this with "sometimes".

I sometimes find myself clingy but only to my boyfriend. Friends, no. Most people say I give them the "independent" vibe though I'm a warm person. But definitely, sometimes I have the need to just BE with someone and stick to them, and I'm usually only comfortable with seeking that kind of companionship to those I'm close to, so yeah I may be clingy to a few. *shrug*

Actually, I consider it to be more "needy" rather than "clingy".
    I am an ENFP but I value justice over mercy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I could see myself as clingy in the way of holding onto a relationship longer than I should; but most girls I've dated had a problem when I decided to go do something I wanted to do for once.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Socionics
    ENFj

I can be clingy when I either truly like somebody and want to spend lots of time with them, or if I'm feeling very anxious and can't let go of a subject. Other than that I wouldn't say I'm clingy at all, in fact, I can be quite to opposite at times.

Normally I prefer not to be clingy as I can find it pretty annoying and have plenty of experience of others clinging to me. I'm talking about the kind of clinging that feels like the other person is leaching off of you.

Another thing is ones definition of clingy can be different for some people. What may not be clingy for one person may be clingy for another.

Of course lets not get into the subject of falling in love as that is a whole new level of clinging there.

To answer your question, I know clingy isn't an NF trait. I've personally know INFJs and ENFPs who aren't clingy at all, while I know some Ss who are very clingy.

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    I can certainly relate. I can get clingy but I do the backing off as well, although at times I really don't want to. I hate being pressured and when people are all over me without giving me air to breathe, so I try really hard not to be like that. People usually do regard me as distant but I feel more than I let on (romantic or platonic).
    Oh yes, oh yes!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I like to think this is the road I would take now.
    It is the road I'm taking at present. Could be anything else in the future .
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by dani_elle View Post
    Actually, I consider it to be more "needy" rather than "clingy".
    I'm definitely high maintenance. But I'll make it worth your while. I agree that needy is a better word.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I don't notice any pattern in NFs being clingy, from the ones I know in person. I don't think this is even a Feeler thing. I've seen clingy Thinkers. It has more to do with insecurity, IMO.

I'm only clingy if: I am brought into a new situation, and then I may latch onto the people I know already. Once I'm comfortable with the new people, I don't think I over rely on them though.

I don't tend to need a lot of friends, so maybe my relying on a few close friends seems clingy. I get accused of not calling enough and disappearing for weeks on end, so it's probably still not an issue....

I also tend to leave relationships first, so no clingy-ness there.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

If I'm feeling especially lonely or insecure I can be, but I try to keep a lid on it because it's counter-productive.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I can be. Especially if I'm scared, insecure, or stupidly in love.

However, I can also pull away and be distant. There is such a thing as "too much togetherness." I need space and I realize that other people do to.