User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

First of all, my condolences for your losses OP.
    Yes, I firmly beleive in an afterlife and the survival of the spirit or 'soul' of each individual.
    How could I not believe after what I have experienced and seen with my own eyes.
    I'm one of those strange types that see spirit people, and communicate and experience their presence, Since 15 years old, I've been aware of the next dimension of existence.
    Its just at the corner of our awareness, like looking out the corner of your eye.
    Its a higher vibrational dimension, they can visit us, but we cant visit them till we pass over to that plane too.
    It doesnt make grief or loss any easier for me, I still keenly feel the loss of their physical presence when someone dies, but it does help me to know they are still around, still able to be near me when I need them, even if I cant always see them, and that I'll join them again someday.
    I beleive quantum physics is starting to give us possible answers with multiverse theories and all those dimnsions mentioned in different theories.
    As there is a large element of future events given to me in some communications, it shores up my belief that alternate realities, and other dimensions, and time being past, present and future all together is probably on the right track.
    We are stuck in 3 dimensions with illusiory linear time here,.. we dont see the bigger picture, but that there IS a bigger picture, and a survival of the individual , I'm sure of.
    I also know that love really does know no boundaries of space, or time.
    G. x
    My INFJ license is regulary revoked,.. I am a sometime refugee in the INTJ holding centre.

MBTI
    INFJ

I don't believe in the traditional afterlife by any means. Either one that isn't describable where the souls of the dead intermingle with life or the interesting concept of reincarnation.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I absolutely believe in an afterlife and the permanence of the human soul.
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I do believe in an afterlife. I feel like either way it takes faith, it takes faith to disbelieve and faith to believe. I don't think anyone knows one way or another without faith being involved because none of us can or will know for sure until it happens, in your case perhaps until it completely happens and you are buried or cremated- I don't think there is a cookie cutter experience of anything so I wouldn't personally count out an afterlife because you didn't see a light.

I also don't believe that anything immediate happens after a person dies concerning an afterlife. I believe you sleep- that everyone "sleeps" as it were and are resurrected at the same time. There are all kinds of different beliefs among the beliefs- I wouldn't be surprised if scientists believe in different things happening among their belief.

It, being belief or disbelief, is a decision of faith in my opinion, either way.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

Phantonym

I would like to believe in the afterlife because it would be nice to linger on in some form or another. But since I have no data to prove to myself either it's existence or non-existence, then I'm content with living my life (hopefully for a very, very, VERY long time). I'll worry about that when the moment hits and then it's either "Wow. Cool!" or ...

Senior Member StrappingYoungLad's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Afterlife will be exactly the same as before-birth. Nothing. Void. Null.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by StrappingYoungLad View Post
    Afterlife will be exactly the same as before-birth. Nothing. Void. Null.
    I feel like I ask this too much but... How do you know what pre-birth was like?

Senior Member StrappingYoungLad's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

^^

I didn't, but my parents knew for example that I formed from pretty much nothing but atoms into what I am today. After death I will deform into whatever chemical substance bodies decompose.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I can't tell if there is an afterlife. It's a surprise.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by souffle View Post
    No, I don't believe in afterlife. My view of life and consciousness is the most cold, harsh and biological one possible.

I do however like to think of everyone and everything living forever in history, which is like a magical realm of it's own. The person, and all the things they thought, felt and did, would always have happened, they will forever be stamped in history, always be real. So even when someone you love dies, and their consciousness does not exist in the present, it still existed in the past and nothing can change that, therefore it still does exist in it's own way. As does your relationship with them.

A million times this.
    Type: INFP Enneagram: 4
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

°cataplum!