User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    enfp

btw, its the post holiday blues...

i.e. if u were single during the new years, christmas, etc... its normal for all singles out there during the holiday season to feel this way. thats why at new years eve's parties, so many of my buddies said girls wanted to hook up...

and also a lot of girls know this ahead of time and plan accordingly. a barrage of single girls i know got boyfriends in the month leading up to this holiday season. valentines is coming up, u should probably start preparing very soon... preparing meaning, brush up on your guy snatching up skillz, or get ready to feel this sadness again. if you can't realize that the two are connected, then u are doomed again to repeat this thread in a month and 2 weeks...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by nomadic View Post
    btw, its the post holiday blues...

i.e. if u were single during the new years, christmas, etc... its normal for all singles out there during the holiday season to feel this way. thats why at new years eve's parties, so many of my buddies said girls wanted to hook up...

and also a lot of girls know this ahead of time and plan accordingly. a barrage of single girls i know got boyfriends in the month leading up to this holiday season. valentines is coming up, u should probably start preparing very soon... preparing meaning, brush up on your guy snatching up skillz, or get ready to feel this sadness again. if you can't realize that the two are connected, then u are doomed again to repeat this thread in a month and 2 weeks...
    this is also true. i totally experience this :/ [home alone for new years eve, woo]
    but i think they were just talking about sadness in general.
    my etsy Morphochroma

I know you think I'm crazy,
    but most people they can't tell.

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by mr.awesome View Post
    this is also true. i totally experience this :/ [home alone for new years eve, woo]
    but i think they were just talking about sadness in general.
    yeah, but the timing just makes it seem like ppl don't know why they were sad. but in reality, this reason was probably it

im so drunk

where did the drunk thread go????

ahhh yah oh yeah oh yeah,,,, RICOOOO SUAVEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahaha

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Ive come to accept that perpetual sadness might just be part of being an ENFP. What I eqaute it to is the fact that we are individuals that DEMAND an ideal world, with and ideal future. And no matter where you live or the goals you accomplish in your life. The world will never be the idealism you strive for, it will forever be an impossible war. But one...that the idealists. like me and you, can never stop fighting.

Keep fighting sir, keep fighting.
    Last edited by Hexis; 01-07-2010 at 10:34 PM.
    SDMF

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Ok I just re-read my last pot, and personally I find it fucking epic even if no other idealist finds its so.

Let me explain why,. (remember im drunk currently so my statements are truer than ever) for those idealists that might not respect my PoV.

I dont like war. Killing is bad. Life is precious. But nothing makes life more precious than the men and women who are willing to sacrifice their most precious commodity for me to have that same commodity.

I like to think of life itself as a war, and ill make them proud
    SDMF

MBTI
    enfp

life is a circle

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by nomadic View Post
    life is a circle
    So understated.

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Life is a strange loop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis:
    And yet when I say "strange loop", I have something else in mind a less concrete, more elusive notion. What I mean by "strange loop" is here goes a first stab, anyway not a physical circuit but an abstract loop in which, in the series of stages that constitute the cycling-around, there is a shift from one level of abstraction (or structure) to another, which feels like an upwards movement in a hierarchy, and yet somehow the successive "upward" shifts turn out to give rise to a closed cycle. That is, despite one's sense of departing ever further from one's origin, one winds up, to one's shock, exactly where one had started out. In short, a strange loop is a paradoxical level-crossing feedback loop.
    SDMF

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I can totally relate to feeling sad when people don't come up and talk to me on a certain day. Vice versa- if a lot of people say hello and smile, I feel like a million bucks.

I think we may be prone to sadness but only if our ability to dream has been compromised for some reason. If some change has occured that has put us farther away from our ideal world.. I think we must follow our hearts with everything, especially doing a job we love and having true and deep relationsihps. If we settle for less and we know it, we will not be happy. It sucks because what makes us happy may not be what others want of us or what is easiest so we can stuck. I love this quote from Ghandi:

Happiness is when what we think, what we say, and what we do are in harmony.

Unfortunately what we think and say is often idyllic.. our actions must be true to our I-F and E-N or we will feel like failures.
    What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by HotpinkHeatwave View Post
    I am an ENFP, as you can probably see and read. I have a problem with sadness. Despite being medicated for clinical depression, there is still a pain in my heart that never goes away. At times it is much more pronounced than others. It is a lonely and hopeless feeling. Even when I am extremely happy, there is always a twinge. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't sit around and mope. Infact, I am a very animate, joyful person.. But that feeling is always there. It manifests itself in my art, which is commonly dark and gloomy. Is this particular to most ENFPs? Or maybe NFs in general? (Or ALL types at certain periods of time?) Maybe it is because we are idealists, but I'm unsure. Opinions? Facts?
    i am not medicated nor have i ever been, but YES i always have a deep deep sadness inside AT ALL TIMES . . . a sadness, an emptiness, a lonliness . . . maybe even despair (dare i say?) but yeah, it runs deep. getting into eastern thought / eastern philosophy has helped . . . a partner that is touchy feely / physically affectionate & nurturing (and compliments you a lot) is a huge help . . . until they are gone- but either way i hate myself for how damn good a warm, nurturing, attention giving partner has made me feel in the past & how devastated i felt when it ended . . . anyways there is something in our CORE that we need to build from the ground up -- something that we need to get from ourselves & not from others -- something very basic yet vital -- something that has always caused a type of shame / embarrassment / humiliation in me for being the one that needed so much. WTF is wrong with me? what we need to do is face this pain head on. not go out dancing or drinking or flirting or partying or playing video games or smoking weed - - facing the pain will lessen it over time. let's all try this & post again about this in a few months to see how we've changed

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by revolve View Post
    i am not medicated nor have i ever been, but YES i always have a deep deep sadness inside AT ALL TIMES . . . a sadness, an emptiness, a lonliness . . . maybe even despair (dare i say?) but yeah, it runs deep.
    I can get really sad and depressed, but I don't feel deep deep sadness at all times. I've actually been told by some people that occasionally I am irritatingly or annoyingly happy. I'm often happy for no reason, and frequently when I am sad deep down inside there is a reason - often to do with loneliness or feeling unloved.

getting into eastern thought / eastern philosophy has helped . . . a partner that is touchy feely / physically affectionate & nurturing (and compliments you a lot) is a huge help . . . until they are gone- but either way i hate myself for how damn good a warm, nurturing, attention giving partner has made me feel in the past & how devastated i felt when it ended . . .
    I do relate to this.

anyways there is something in our CORE that we need to build from the ground up -- something that we need to get from ourselves & not from others -- something very basic yet vital -- something that has always caused a type of shame / embarrassment / humiliation in me for being the one that needed so much. WTF is wrong with me? what we need to do is face this pain head on. not go out dancing or drinking or flirting or partying or playing video games or smoking weed - - facing the pain will lessen it over time. let's all try this & post again about this in a few months to see how we've changed
    Yeah, you can build up your core, but you're still going to need other people. I do. I need other people, and yes, sometimes it makes me feel stupid or embarrassed, but yeah I need people. I think ENFPs just really need love and attention. There's nothing wrong with us unless it's to a point where we have no self at all. I agree that is completely unhealthy, but even when we have a strong sense of identity and are accomplishing those things on our own, we still need people, and denying that is just going to hurt you more in the long run. Don't try to run on Ne/Te and ignore your Fi: I've done it before, it will catch up with you.