• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] what music do you find good?

paradox fox

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I like Entangled. It reminds me of Simon & Garfunkel's Scarborough Fair. I just made some sheet music for it so it's still pretty fresh. IS THAT A THEREMIN IN IT? Starting at 4:25? I want one of those so bad! (Oh as I listen to it more, it sounds like a theremin patch for a synthesizer.) Cool. 6/8 makes me swoon :holy:

Waters of Lethe. Yummy. I feel the olive oil dripping across my skin :redface: A Curious Feeling indeed. During parts of this my jaw totally dropped open.

I'm typing all of this as I'm listening to the different songs. I like your style. :nice:

Some songs that I like:
Debussy- Les sons et les parfums tournent dans l'air du soir

Between the Buried and Me- Mirrors

Eva Cassidy- Autumn Leaves

alexshippee

MBTI Type
Infp
Enneagram
4w5
I love The Dead Weather, The Kills, The White Stripes, The Rolling Stones, Mott The Hoople, David Bowie.
..ya know.. music with soul.. artists with personality.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Modern Jazz! & just about everything else.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Im really in to Bass Heavy electronic music, like Dubstep, Drum & Bass, & Jungle. I like alot of other genres though, Bossa Nova, Trip hop, Underground Hip Hop, Rockabilly, Psychobilly, Punk Rock...the list could go on forever :).

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
Incubus, Don Mclean, Linkin Park, Gun's n Roses, Godsmack, Queen, Eagles, Tupac, Guano Ape, The Game, Eminem, Rammstein, Tatu, NIN, Bon Jovi, RATM, Weird Al etc..

Can't say I restrict myself to one genre. I listen to whatever sounds good, even ones I can't understand. Artist I listed above has done songs I really really enjoyed, not to mention all the artist I can't remember because their names are in different languages.

Cephalonimbus

MBTI Type
INFP
King Crimson, Tom Waits, Deerhoof, Charles Mingus, Beck, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, Mr. Bungle, Tin Hat Trio, John Zorn, Zappa, Opeth, Debussy... those are some of my favorites.

Clearly i have a preference for the less conventional rock and avant-garde styles, but i can find something i like in most genres.

I'm currently obsessed with the new Tallest Man On Earth album, it's amazing.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Industrial, Industrial metal, Prog-post rock/metal, Ambient, Dark Ambient, experimental

in no order

I like heavy machines in music, electronica, waves and walls of structured white noise and sound, subtle sound quirks, etc

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Lots of prog rock/metal, industrial, lots of movie/game soundtracks (not a genre per se), IDM, ambient...

I don't care much for lyrics. My favorite artists tend to be great lyricists, but what I mean is that I don't listen to music for the lyrics. I listen to a lot of instrumental stuff...I always found it limiting that this theme is supposed to mean this...this other theme that....I like to confer my own meaning to an extent, to the track.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I just like music that's pleasing to hear.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
Pretty much depends on the mood. But then there's something there, else, that kind of is like an undercurrent or 'flow' or something, that matches best with sort of instrumental/melodical/electronical/experimental stuff, usually. That's the stuff that really gets to me, jumps into the flow, becomes the flow, creates its own flow.

soft

MBTI Type
infp
emo (not that MCR crap, I'm talking about music with emotion), pop punk, indie, proggy-experimental stuff

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like Entangled. It reminds me of Simon & Garfunkel's Scarborough Fair. I just made some sheet music for it so it's still pretty fresh. IS THAT A THEREMIN IN IT? Starting at 4:25? I want one of those so bad! (Oh as I listen to it more, it sounds like a theremin patch for a synthesizer.) Cool. 6/8 makes me swoon :holy:

Waters of Lethe. Yummy. I feel the olive oil dripping across my skin :redface: A Curious Feeling indeed. During parts of this my jaw totally dropped open.

I'm typing all of this as I'm listening to the different songs. I like your style. :nice:

Some songs that I like:
Debussy- Les sons et les parfums tournent dans l'air du soir

Between the Buried and Me- Mirrors

Eva Cassidy- Autumn Leaves

About Entangled: One of Genesis' major influences was Simon and Garfunkel (along with The Beatles, The Nice, etc.), so you're not far off in the least bit. The synth is actually an ARP Pro Soloist. There's a setting on synths called portamento which creates a sliding effect between two notes. Hence you'll get the Theramin effect in the song.

About Waters of Lethe: It's definitely a liquid sounding piece, very heavy with the drama/emotion, and at the same time it's intellectual. It comes from one of my favorite albums, A Curious Feeling (hence my username). A Curious Feeling is a concept album loosely based on the storyline from Flowers for Algernon. It's a wonderful album, although the story itself is sad. But sometimes the melancholic stuff can be beautiful. :)

I love Debussy! Great choice there. :)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Post-grunge, metal, nu-metal, industrial metal, funk rock, salsa rock, indie, prog rock, punk, reggae, and ska.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
I enjoy a lot of different types of music. I generally prefer upbeat songs. Some days I don't listen to anything but dirty hip hop, other times I prefer more indie/alternative types with meaningful sentences/images/metaphors etc. I am musically challenged so I am not a music snob. I prefer contemporary music over oldies for some reason. What I notice; First, it'd be the melody/beat. Second, it'd be the voice. Third, lyrics. With some artists, I only like one of their songs. Like Modest Mouse, I love love The World At Large but their other songs don't sway me the same way. I enjoy a large variety though, don't really have absolute favorites. I loved Bjork very intensely for a few months.