User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    infp

emo (not that MCR crap, I'm talking about music with emotion), pop punk, indie, proggy-experimental stuff

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by paradox fox View Post
    I like Entangled. It reminds me of Simon & Garfunkel's Scarborough Fair. I just made some sheet music for it so it's still pretty fresh. IS THAT A THEREMIN IN IT? Starting at 4:25? I want one of those so bad! (Oh as I listen to it more, it sounds like a theremin patch for a synthesizer.) Cool. 6/8 makes me swoon

Waters of Lethe. Yummy. I feel the olive oil dripping across my skin :redface: A Curious Feeling indeed. During parts of this my jaw totally dropped open.

I'm typing all of this as I'm listening to the different songs. I like your style.

Some songs that I like:
    Debussy- Les sons et les parfums tournent dans l'air du soir

Between the Buried and Me- Mirrors

Eva Cassidy- Autumn Leaves
    About Entangled: One of Genesis' major influences was Simon and Garfunkel (along with The Beatles, The Nice, etc.), so you're not far off in the least bit. The synth is actually an ARP Pro Soloist. There's a setting on synths called portamento which creates a sliding effect between two notes. Hence you'll get the Theramin effect in the song.

About Waters of Lethe: It's definitely a liquid sounding piece, very heavy with the drama/emotion, and at the same time it's intellectual. It comes from one of my favorite albums, A Curious Feeling (hence my username). A Curious Feeling is a concept album loosely based on the storyline from Flowers for Algernon. It's a wonderful album, although the story itself is sad. But sometimes the melancholic stuff can be beautiful.

I love Debussy! Great choice there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    ISTP

Trance

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Post-grunge, metal, nu-metal, industrial metal, funk rock, salsa rock, indie, prog rock, punk, reggae, and ska.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by soft View Post
    emo (not that MCR crap, I'm talking about music with emotion), pop punk, indie, proggy-experimental stuff
    You tell 'em, champ.

thinking of you

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

I enjoy a lot of different types of music. I generally prefer upbeat songs. Some days I don't listen to anything but dirty hip hop, other times I prefer more indie/alternative types with meaningful sentences/images/metaphors etc. I am musically challenged so I am not a music snob. I prefer contemporary music over oldies for some reason. What I notice; First, it'd be the melody/beat. Second, it'd be the voice. Third, lyrics. With some artists, I only like one of their songs. Like Modest Mouse, I love love The World At Large but their other songs don't sway me the same way. I enjoy a large variety though, don't really have absolute favorites. I loved Bjork very intensely for a few months.