User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Lol I know... it's just that most of these threads where people are bitching about Fi it's mostly about NFPs.
    Or we're the ones who get our knickers in a knot the most about being misunderstood

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Kaveri View Post
    However, it does usually take me a lot of time to make judgments about people. I don't usually make bad judgments about people in twenty seconds. I give them at least a few weeks. My sister (an INFP) said a long time ago that she doesn't like Tyra Banks, but it took me almost six months of watching ANTM to decide that Tyra Banks is evil.

I don't get the whole thing about "sensing" what a room's atmosphere is like. I don't sense things like that...

When I get a feeling about something/someone, I feel like it has as much to do with Ne as Fi. I'm just noticing little patterns that suggest many things. I am not prone to jump to any one conclusion. Quick decisions are unusual for INFPs, right?

Like you, it also takes me awhile to close the folder on a person and label it. It remains open as I gather new info. This is because a judgment can be very final and requires much thought, and I'm hesitant to go there until I have enough facts. Maybe some people trust their initial feeling too much, or I don't trust it enough. I've often wished I listened to a feeling earlier on, and maybe it was my experiences growing up that made me suspicious of my own feelings.

Your Tyra Banks example is funny because I had a similar response to her. I found myself giving a TV personality the "benefit of the doubt" and then finally just ended up deciding she was very unlikable and full of herself.

I agree that I am not incredibly sensitive to a room's atmosphere either. I'm too lost in my own head to be focused that outwardly. When I sense something, it's vague and left open to many interpretations until I come across further info that confirms it. Then I'll think, "I knew it!"
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    She's an INFJ??
    I'm thinking ENTJ now, (Which seems contradictory, but that's a whole can of worms).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

She really doesn't strike me as INFJ at all. Interesting. Or if she is one, maybe I'm not one.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Hey, INFPs/ISFPs. I love you guys:

I'm past the arrogance stage of thinking that's what y'all are about, rather, I just put out love, not expecting anything in return. I find this makes me very happy for some reason, and I also find that I get some kind of response--it's random, and suprising, but it's there. I realize that all of you are awesome people.
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    She really doesn't strike me as INFJ at all. Interesting. Or if she is one, maybe I'm not one.
    Yeah, and that's basically the way it goes, usually. You then are likely some FP type.:rolli:
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Time limited post - I feel a little too exposed to share my thoughts like this right now.

Hope you got a chance to read it while it lasted!
    Last edited by PeaceBaby; 01-07-2010 at 12:49 AM. Reason: PB puts her clothes back on

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

I feel so shallow now. I didn't mean to fake-listen to Pete, force a ping back, or invade his space with my massive hand gestures. I'm sorry. Being an ENFJ sucks when you see the truth.
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

LOL, I'm glad you see things my way, most beloved sasquatch.

We love you too.

And hey, if they were just two people there, not knowing type, I would still feel that Pete is reticent and overwhelmed to a certain extent by his interviewer. He could be more assertive, and her less commanding.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

True.

I hope to God I don't still act like that...I know I used to, but I realized along the way how self involved I was, and developed a little Fi to compensate--not to say that Fe is evil, just incomplete. This thread has been very educational.
    Love is the point.