First 2565737475767785125 Last

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    You're evil.
    Gah! See?! There you go again!!

I DOORSLAMMED YOU!!!

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I am more accurately described as an up quark. GET IT RIGHT.

Well, let's look at the word "doorslam." It is comprised of two words: "doors" and "lam." It is a portmanteau to describe when doors do bad things to good people and must escape the law, hence they are "on the lam." It was shortened together in 1807 by Carl Jung when he began his manifesto on personality types.

I hope that helps.
    Oh pssh! Details..are so very unimportant. And I don't care if the devil supposedly lives there. (COME AT ME, BRO!)

Are you calling the doors sentient? Are the doors actually the conductors and musicians of this cacophonous symphony (or is it a symphonic cacophony? ?)

This discovery could actually exonerate the so-called doorslammers so it's very very important. If not a Nobel prize, we could at least get an Ig Nobel one for this.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    Oh pssh! Details..are so very unimportant. And I don't care if the devil supposedly lives there. (COME AT ME, BRO!)

Are you calling the doors sentient? Are the doors actually the conductors and musicians of this cacophonous symphony (or is it a symphonic cacophony? ?)

This discovery could actually exonerate the so-called doorslammers so it's very very important. If not a Nobel prize, we could at least get an Ig Nobel one for this.
    Ok ok ok... chill. yo.. chill. baby doll. just chill.

The only reason we get doorslammed is because we accept it as an inevitability. Huahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

NPcomplete

Ok ok ok... chill. yo.. chill. baby doll. just chill.
    You chill!

The only reason we get doorslammed is because we accept it as an inevitability. Huahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    That's so not Nobel-worthy, Ig or Ig-less. I even had a speech and a dress!

Ooooooooooh I'll just doorslam you because I reject your reality!

Anew Leaf

You chill!

That's so not Nobel-worthy, Ig or Ig-less. I even had a speech and a dress!

Ooooooooooh I'll just doorslam you because I reject your reality!
    I am doorslamming you before you inevitably doorslam me because that's what you are going to do.

NPcomplete

I am doorslamming you before you inevitably doorslam me because that's what you are going to do.
    I doorslammed first.

We need a Doorslam Code methinks. Just to, you know, be able to judge who wins, er slams best.

PS: I clearly do here.

Anew Leaf

I doorslammed first.

We need a Doorslam Code methinks. Just to you know be able to judge who wins, er slams best.

PS: I clearly do here.
    I just invented a time machine and went back in time 1 million years. There I shot my laser pistol into the roof of a cave near your home. If you go venture there now it says "@thealchemist, I doorslam you today the year 1 million BC give or take a measily 2012 years. MUAHAHAHAHA. - Saturned"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I doorslammed first.
    :tea:
    I win.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

NPcomplete

I just invented a time machine and went back in time 1 million years. There I shot my laser pistol into the roof of a cave near your home. If you go venture there now it says "thealchemist, I doorslam you today the year 1 million BC give or take a measily 2012 years. MUAHAHAHAHA. - Saturned"

Harhar you may have doorslammed me in "the past" but in your continuous timeline, I still did it before you.

So there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    :tea:
    I win.
    Aww look at you quoting me. Thank you for acknowledging my "winningness".
    Last edited by NPcomplete; 04-01-2012 at 07:21 PM. Reason: 1337!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I'm glad you brought this up. My dear friend Z Buck and I were actually talking about this very thing. And I want you to know that WE were talking about it BEFORE you mentioned it...haha...I'm totally kidding. I mean, I'm not...but it doesn't matter does it now and I'm just being weird haha.

Z Buck is eloquent...while my vocabulary leaves something to be desired (oh no @Eilonwy)...and I'm never really capable of saying what I want to say...but I did start to suspect that some of the reaction we are seeing in this thread from ENPs...comes from a place of total panic. You see...we are not capable of moving forward when there are loose-ends. I mean...it just really isn't in us to do so. And so if the loose-end isn't addressed in a way that makes us feel comfortable moving forward...the only thing we can do is to completely close ourselves off emotionally (shit mentally, spiritually as well) to the other individual and pretend 'it' never happened. And when it comes to people we care about...well this is where the panic comes from. It is almost like...'you don't know what you are asking me to do'. You are asking me to completely erase you from my existance and I am reluctant to do that. It is weird to me to consider WE are the real doorslammers in the bunch.
    I believe i understand this quite well. I do understand your points, and while some apply, some don't for me, and no i'm not just talking about my example.

As I stated in my example, my panic came from my fear that something terrible happened to my infj. Then my panic was about fixing the devastation she caused. I am fully capable of understanding more tame examples. In more tame examples, I most certainly could move on with more minor loose ends. As I stated, my first reaction would be shock, then try to meet and talk and work it out. But after a brief period of a few weeks or a few months, i would move on with my life. i would not forget. I never forget. And, I also in more tame examples, would be open to revisiting a relationship.

I don't erase people from my memory or existance and i don't want it to be done to me either.

I have learned in life that there will always be loose ends. I can live with that. It isn't preferred. And in extreme cases such as mine, they are unacceptable. But if I believe I am being mistreated and there are minor loose ends, after my being door slammed, those loose ends will sit there until the door slammer addresses them some day.

There is an unspoken silence of loose ends, but people have to live their life too. I would never door slam someone, including someone who door slammed me.