User Tag List

First 848565758596068108158 Last

Results 571 to 580 of 1696

  1. #571
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    I'm confused
    It's gunna be okay. *pets*

  2. #572
    FRACTALICIOUS phobik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    THIEF!
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

    Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

  3. #573
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    Don't worry. You have been forgiven.

  4. #574
    can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    3,530

    Default

    From having caught up with the thread:

    Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I really don't get why you seem to assume that ALL doorslams are because INFJs somehow "don't want to hear the truth about themselves" (ie. your take on why it could be demoralizing.) Do you really think there are no occasions where the INFJ has analyzed themselves, the other person and the situation in-depth, and has realised that the other person is treating them badly and it can't go on?

    Preach it, sister! Really, this is exactly what’s so condescending about these lectures. Exactly. It’s as short-sighted and ridiculous as someone saying “all doorslams are reasonable and called for.” It belittles the experience of the other person.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    @Z Buck McFate
    you may be interested in reading your own damn post to know what my theory is based on.
    I’m sorry, I don’t see how this negates anything I’ve said. I’m starting to suspect there a serious language disparity going on here. You may have a point and I’m not seeing it…..but I’m not seeing it.

    What’s interesting is that a lot of what I said in that post comes from dealing with an INFJ who is one of the very few people I’ve ever had to doorslam myself, because her ‘blind spots’ and unwillingness to consider any other perspective than her own bordered on delusional and became so overwhelming I couldn’t deal with her anymore. She wouldn’t listen to reason. There’s no reasoning with crazy, and when someone is causing a lot of distress- and they won’t stop because they don’t even believe they’re really causing distress- there’s really nothing left to do about it. In fact, I’m inclined to think staying friends is sort of enabling the bad behavior.

    (And maybe something to take away from this^ is that keeping in contact doesn’t make blind spots go away- it takes a reasonable attitude to make blind spots go away, so I doorslam where there’s no reasoning left.)

    2. a car mechanic understands shit you don't -, a rational argument is something you can understand on your own. get the difference? have confidence in your own damn intelect and address the idea instead of where it comes from.
    A rational argument, in and of itself, could not possibly support or refute what you’ve posted about doorslams- it takes understanding and familiarity with doorslams (what the consequences for doing and not doing it are for both sides) to either support or refute theories about doorslams. If you have a faulty notion of what causes a person to do it, then how can you make effective arguments about why it should never happen?

    This is all beside the fact that the mechanic analogy was to illustrate how it didn’t seem to me like I was using ad hominems, so I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make (again- language disparity may be a problem).

    3. you may want to read the OP fourth paragraph of this thread in order to understand why people are posting their own doorslamming expeirence with INFJs.
    You may have a point with this.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

    5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

  5. #575
    can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    3,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post

    We also need to petition Hallmark to make an appropriate card for such occasions. "Smile, you've just been doorslamed!"
    Yes we do. And we know just what to do if they don't answer our request. (HINT: it involves a door.)


    Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post


    It's a gentle doorslam though.
    AWESOME! Ha-ha.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

    5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

  6. #576
    Society
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    because her ‘blind spots’ and unwillingness to consider any other perspective than her own bordered on delusional and became so overwhelming I couldn’t deal with her anymore. She wouldn’t listen to reason.
    where is that phenomena familiar from... o, right:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    there's exactly one thing i am assuming or 'projecting' in the doorslamming stories - that you decided to block off communication so you can not listen or hear the other side once its done. otherwise i don't consider it a doorslam.
    can you understand the argument now?

  7. #577
    can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    3,530

    Default

    So do are you supposing here that keeping in contact will assure the person will eventually lose their blind spot? Because like I said, I doorslammed the friend because- after continuing to stay friends for several years after it started- it finally became clear that it was never going to get better, and that it only continued to get worse. It really seemed to me like maintaining contact was only enabling the crazy. Staying in contact with someone doesn't mean communication will improve. I cut off communication once it was clear that the downward spiral would only continue to get worse.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

    5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

  8. #578
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    I cut off communication once it was clear that the downward spiral would only continue to get worse.
    I often have the image of being tied to a heavy rock and continously sinking out in the middle of the ocean. I can continue to sink further or I can break free and reach the surface and fresh air. Often when a doorslam is in serious consideration, that's the question on my mind.

  9. #579
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    where is that phenomena familiar from... o, right:


    can you understand the argument now?
    Forgive my late intrusion into this dispute, but what exactly is your point here?

  10. #580
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    And now for something completely different, ran into this quite randomly:

    1. slammin' doors

    A term me and my pal Rich came up with in psychology for one reason or another. It basically just means something is good.
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...min%27%20doors

    We INFJs are into doing good are we not?

Similar Threads

  1. When any type other than INFJ doorslams you/cuts you out of their life
    By SilkRoad in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 02-03-2014, 11:26 PM
  2. [INFJ] INFJ Daily Life: Plans, Strangers,etc?
    By plaminal in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-13-2011, 12:13 AM
  3. [MBTItm] INFJ negotiating mid-life
    By Immaculate Cloud in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-21-2009, 09:04 PM
  4. [INFJ] INFJ, inner life a little too rich?
    By littledarling in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 02:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO