User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

Hey guys--I just wanted to stop back and say that since posting on this thread, I have made the definite decision to start the book project. I started a blog at Benjamin Davids | Deep, Platonic Friendships between Guys are Important. and I would love for any input you have!

Thanks for the inspiration.

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by benjamindavids View Post
    Hey guys--I just wanted to stop back and say that since posting on this thread, I have made the definite decision to start the book project. I started a blog at Benjamin Davids | Deep, Platonic Friendships between Guys are Important. and I would love for any input you have!

I will check it out!
    Some interesting references to moving, platonic friendships in literature and movies:

The Cure (Erik and Dexter)
    Amazon.com: The Cure: Joseph Mazzello, Brad Renfro, Aeryk Egan, Delphine French, Mona Powell, Andrew Broder, Jeremy Howard, Annabella Sciorra, Diana Scarwid, Rosemary Corman, Mychael T. Rambo, David Alan Smith, Andrew Dintenfass, Peter Horton, Anthon

The Mighty (Max Kane and Kevin Dillon)
    Amazon.com: The Mighty: Kieran Culkin, Elden Henson, Sharon Stone, Harry Dean Stanton, Gena Rowlands, Douglas Bisset, Joseph Perrino, Dov Tiefenbach, Michael Colton, Daniel Lee, Eve Crawford, John Bourgeois, Peter Chelsom, Bob Weinstein, Deborah Fort

Jane Eyre (Jane Eyre and Helen Burns)

The Lord of the Rings (Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamegee)

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by benjamindavids View Post

Excellent!

MBTI
    ENFJ

Good tips! And both of those movies (The Cure and Mighty) are available through Netflix!

MBTI
    ENFJ

Oh, and the friendship between Samwise and Frodo is also one of my favorites. Sadly, in our modern age of quick satisfaction, the importance of loyalty seems diminished. Too often teens change friends, girlfriends, and cliques like they change their socks. I think we miss out on a huge part of relating to others when we are unable (unwilling, really) to be loyal even through times when we are frustrated with one another.

MBTI
    ENFJ

@Klessard: "The Cure" was a really sweet film. Great characterization and sensitivity, and a really good job bringing out the social stigma of the disease before too much was known about it. Thanks for suggesting it--it was very helpful!

MBTI
    ENFP

I have literally met friends and felt like I have met my soul mate... I believe that soul mates can come in many different forms and very often outside eros! One of the weirdest experience I ever had of this was when my little cousin was born and I went to see him for the first time. I looked at him and communicated with him instantly, felt like I had met him before and that bond has never waned. Call me an idealist... but this type of connection definitely exists
    ... couldn't drag me away

eljko Ranatovic: argus
    eljko Ranatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    eljko Ranatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    ENFJ

I'm with you, Wild Horses.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I glanced at this thread in live new posts and I thought the above said, "I'm in love with you, Wild Horses."

MBTI
    ENFJ

Working on a book about platonic soulmates--and I'd love your input! www.benjamindavids.com