User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP

* Are you an NF?
    * Are you religious/spiritual?
    * Do you have supernatural/paranormal beliefs?
    * Why do you have these beliefs, or why do you lack them?

Yes.
    Religious? No. Spiritual? Yes, in a Leaves of Grass sense.
    Supernatural/paranormal beliefs? Nah.
    Pertains to my values.

MBTI
    INFj

* Are you an NF?
    * Are you religious/spiritual?
    * Do you have supernatural/paranormal beliefs?
    * Why do you have these beliefs, or why do you lack them?

Yes.
    Somewhat spiritual. I believe there is some divine force out there (deity/spirit whatever), and there is some worth and greater truth to be found in some religious texts. I'm not religious.

Though this may seem cynical, I suspect that any divine message sent to us will be likely corrupted by someone greedy/controlling/power hungry. With various permutations on various power hungry people making up/co-opting movements as they go along.

why: Some ideas I find inspired are probably just reflections of my own values. Some fit very well into my personal view of the world :"just stop hurting each other already, people."

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm not very religous. I really don't feel strongly for it. I mean, I do believe in God and I am a bit into the supernatural .....Okay, really I am not into church. I hate church, I can't stand it. I guess that's my thoughts on religon...wow. I dont make sense, sorry.
    Last edited by chippinchunk; 11-18-2007 at 09:38 PM.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Sometimes I question it, but I'm mostly sure I'm an INFP. Religion is more a set of rules based on a teaching of faith; I believe in the teaching and the faith itself. I'm Lutheran grown with a slight liberal swing; I believe in having the Holy Spirit bringing the masses to God wrather than cramming man enforced rules down their throats to save them. The teachings speak to me, even He speaks to me; and I He accepts me for who I am with out having to call me gay to feel comfortable about my personality.

sorry, off topic...

I'm Lutheran-grown too (now EpiscoCatholic with a major liberal swing). In my experience, there are some things about growing up Lutheran that become really, really ingrained and important to one's worldview... such as the concept that we live in a world where there's this thing called grace and it somehow saves what needs saving.

I have a lot of trouble believing in God these days, but the grace thing--that hasn't gone away. Isn't that strange?
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    sorry, off topic...

I'm Lutheran-grown too (now EpiscoCatholic with a major liberal swing). In my experience, there are some things about growing up Lutheran that become really, really ingrained and important to one's worldview... such as the concept that we live in a world where there's this thing called grace and it somehow saves what needs saving.

I have a lot of trouble believing in God these days, but the grace thing--that hasn't gone away. Isn't that strange?
    We have thought about trying out a Lutheran church. My impression is that they are good about teaching solid Christian doctrine without being all right-wing about stuff. That sounds nice.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    We have thought about trying out a Lutheran church. My impression is that they are good about teaching solid Christian doctrine without being all right-wing about stuff. That sounds nice.
    You know, you might really like it a lot. The ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church in America) is pretty good, but stay away from the Missouri and Wisconsin synods--they're on the right-wing fundie side (I grew up in the Missouri synod). I like Lutheran worship and yeah, I'd say that the teaching at Lutheran churches is pretty darn solid. (I'd be glad to PM with you about this, Heather, if we don't want to take this topic too far off track).
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    infp

• Are you an NF? Yep
    • Are you religious/spiritual? I guess i'm spiritual in a sense, but not religious
    • Do you have supernatural/paranormal beliefs? Nope, other than the beleif in how the world will always come together in amazing coincidental ways.
    • Why do you have these beliefs, or why do you lack them? I don't know...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    sorry, off topic...

No, it's a comfort thing. It also makes sense to me so that helps out a lot too. LCC up here.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    OMNi

[*]Are you an NF?
    Yup.

[*]Are you religious/spiritual?
    I am spiritual, but not religious. Religion is blind conviction and it just doesn't make sense. I prefer to let my spirit help me choose between right and wrong rather than some book written by pious old men claiming to be channeling the teachings of God. I base my spiritual beliefs on what I have observed and discovered over the course of my life.

[*]Do you have supernatural/paranormal beliefs?
    Depends by what you mean by supernatural. I can feel God, my spirit, and the spirit of others. Would those be considered supernatural? I can feel them because of how I have integrated everything I have learned and the realizations of the perfect connection and unity of the universe.

[*]Why do you have these beliefs, or why do you lack them?
    I've always had a special connection to the natural world. You don't have to study biology or ecology to notice the intricate connections in life. You can expand that view of the world to anything and see all the patterns of how we are ultimately unified. In my beliefs, that is the most humanly conceivable form of God there is. Our spirits are the parts of us that bind us to one another and God.

MBTI
    Infx

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    You can expand that view of the world to anything and see all the patterns of how we are ultimately unified. In my beliefs, that is the most humanly conceivable form of God there is. Our spirits are the parts of us that bind us to one another and God.
    I really like how you said that!
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.