User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Cordiform View Post
    I have little to no understanding of spirituality. Can you expound upon the differences?

I sort of have a vague idea that spirituality in its purest form is pantheism or something of the like ...
    Spirituality is the quest for 'another world'. A search for a purpose that transcends all of our worldly experience. A true spiritual person does not follow a teaching, but merely follows an amorphous, ineffable intuition that he himself hardly knows. Spirituality cant be germane to anything we consciously know because by virtue of itself it is an other worldly property. Anyone who claims he knows what it means to be spiritual is kidding himself. At best he is passing off his inadequate, this worldly notions as descriptions of the indescribable. At worst forcing his own prejudices onto what the best of all worlds should be like. Its very difficult to do the former without the latter, as we experience spirituality via our Intuition--which is radically subjective. That is why so many of our great teachers had us sacrifice sheep for glory of god.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Spirituality is the quest for 'another world'. A search for a purpose that transcends all of our worldly experience. A true spiritual person does not follow a teaching, but merely follows an amorphous, ineffable intuition that he himself hardly knows. Spirituality cant be germane to anything we consciously know because by virtue of itself it is another worldly property. Anyone who claims he knows what it means to be spiritual is kidding himself.
    Thank you!
    I: 53% --- E: 47%
    N: 84% --- S: 16%
    F: 74% -- T: 26%
    P: 84% -- J: 16%

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

This has probably already been discussed, but the NTs' thread made me curious, sooo ...

• Are you an NF?
    • Are you religious/spiritual? (When I say spiritual, I mean, "do you have religious ideas, but no external structure for them. Like Deism, or New Age, or something like that.")
    • Do you have supernatural/paranormal beliefs?
    • Why do you have these beliefs, or why do you lack them?

How about you?
    Yes.

Spiritual to a degree, I suppose. I can't deny that there's something there beyond empirical data. I'd be stupid to do so. I don't know what it is, so I prefer not to put a label on it. Religious? No. Not at all.

Supernatural beliefs? To a degree. There is no yes or no answer to that one. There are somethings I'm willing to believe, and others I'm not.

I lack any sufficient belief in any religion or any belief at all, because I'm a little too analytical/critical to accept any religion's set of beliefs. There's too much grey, and I think every religion has the potential to be correct. However, as I said, I cannot deny that some days I feel something more than what I normally experience. I don't know what it is, and it doesn't really bother me to not know, because whatever it is is benign and neutral.

MBTI
    Infx

* Are you an NF?
    Yep

* Are you religious/spiritual? (When I say spiritual, I mean, "do you have religious ideas, but no external structure for them. Like Deism, or New Age, or something like that.")

Definitely Spiritual. Not at all religious. A religion thinks they have it right, I say as soon as you think you've got it right - that's when you know you're wrong.

* Do you have supernatural/paranormal beliefs?

I think often times they have a logical and/or scientific solution, or are just caused by suggestion or people seeing what they want to see, but every now and again.. yeah.. there's really something going on.

* Why do you have these beliefs, or why do you lack them?

I guess I started with a predisposition to believe in certain things. I'm a miracle baby, my mother wasn't supposed to be able to have kids, and the doctors didn't even believe she was pregnant at first, so I always thought that maybe there's a reason I'm here.
    And I have intuition overload or something. I experience synchronicity and deja vu ALL THE TIME. Combined with a love of biology, which the more I learn about, the harder it becomes to believe that all the little ways the world is held together just right could be chance, makes it easy for me to believe there's something more going on. (I'm a big fan of the intelligent design theory.) I can totally understand how other people could disagree, and don't even know how well I'd hold up in a debate, but that's just how I see it, and my faith has led me well so far, so there's no reason for me to discount it.
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    yea
    more spiritual, probably not religiou. I do believe something put us here, I don''t think it wants to be worship. Just to do the best we can and not harm others.
    They make sense to me.

I forgot my supernatural ones, I don't have any.
    Sounds like Deism!
    I: 53% --- E: 47%
    N: 84% --- S: 16%
    F: 74% -- T: 26%
    P: 84% -- J: 16%

MBTI
    INFJ

• Are you an NF?
    • Are you religious/spiritual?

1. INFJ
    2. Not particularly, but I can't seem to NOT believe in a higher power either. I guess you'd consider me agnostic.
    3. I believe in ghosts.
    4. I know the reason I do not follow an organized religion is because of the super Catholicism of my straight from Italy family. However, every time I try to NOT believe in anything, I end up feeling empty. I've settled on simply believing in something more than us. If I found something I could truly believe in, then I wouldn't be closedminded towards it. I do try to live by some Buddhist philosophies, but I don't exactly follow the religion.
    I believe in ghosts because I grew up in a haunted house. ha.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

This has probably already been discussed, but the NTs' thread made me curious, sooo ...

• Are you an NF?
    • Are you religious/spiritual?

1) I'm ENFP
    2) I'm not too spiritual nor religious. I really don't know if I should believe in bible or not because there are no real proof that the things they say in the bible are true. Altought I cannot say that they are untrue either because I don't know. So, I'm sort of middle of believing or not believing...
    3) I can't say that really believe but I can't also say that these things (paranormal & supernatural things) are untrue -> because I don't have any experience of the subject. So it's kind of same than with the religion thing.
    4) Why do I lack them? Who knows?
    Last edited by alcea rosea; 12-30-2007 at 05:55 AM.

MBTI
    ENFP

I am an ENFP and I am a Christian. I am both spiritual and religious, although I have never liked the word "religious". I believe in God, my faith is summed up quite nicely in the Apostles Creed, but I don't attend church that regularly and I have a tough time finding a denomination or church that I can fully agree or identify with. Self study is more important to me than following the teachings of some pastor with an ego.

I am more liberal than all of the conservative churches and a little more conservative than all of the liberal ones. So I'm stuck.
    The inability to forget is far more debilitating than the inability to remember.......

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Are you an NF?
    Yes. INFJ to be precise.
    Are you religious/spiritual?
    Not really. I have been in the past, but it just doesn't make sense to me anymore.
    Do you have supernatural/paranormal beliefs?
    No.
    Why do you have these beliefs, or why do you lack them?
    I don't believe in those things because everything else that was once attributed to magic/divinity can now be explained. Also, I can't seem to explain their existence in terms of anything I understand.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Sometimes I question it, but I'm mostly sure I'm an INFP. Religion is more a set of rules based on a teaching of faith; I believe in the teaching and the faith itself. I'm Lutheran grown with a slight liberal swing; I believe in having the Holy Spirit bringing the masses to God wrather than cramming man enforced rules down their throats to save them. The teachings speak to me, even He speaks to me; and I He accepts me for who I am with out having to call me gay to feel comfortable about my personality.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]