User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    INFP

I've never really believed in Santa in the first place.....
    From the first Christmas I can remember, I was already dubious about his existance.
    Since I lived in a skyscraper, with barred windows, logic told me Santa can't possibly get in coz he's too fat, so when i received a box of skittles as a present 'from' santa give by my parents I was like... yea right, thats you being cheap! but i didn't say it out of coz just in case i wouldn't get any present from santa (my parents) next yr.....

Then the next day when I went to nursery, my best friend happily bragged about what she got for Christmas from Santa, (a toy dressing table which was very popular amongst little girls at that time), I was like 'yup Santa clearly doesn't exist'...

Coz why were we treated so differently if he did exist?? I was a GOOD girl too!!!

Years gone past n I turned 11, I pretended I still believed in santa by writing a christmas card to him saying I would like the Sims as a present, and left it on the window sill. Mum read it and bought if for me XDDDDDDDD Mission successful !!!!!!1

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by InFsheeP View Post
    ...Years gone past n I turned 11, I pretended I still believed in santa by writing a christmas card to him saying I would like the Sims as a present, and left it on the window sill. Mum read it and bought if for me XDDDDDDDD Mission successful !!!!!!1
    Your story was really funny!!!

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

I never did believe in Santa. My parents didn't want me to misinterpret Santa and God and later use the deceptive Santa as reason to believe God didn't exist (they didn't want me believing God was Santa for adults) so they told me he was fake from the get-go. Instead I got stories about the Saints and martyrs and babies in stables and reasons why census' are good things.
    LOL. Sometimes I love my family.
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

I don't remember exactly when, but when I was six I couldn't sleep one Christmas night because I was waiting for "Santa" (I knew it was my parents) to get up and put gifts under the tree.

I got tired of waiting, so I went to the car, retrieved the presents from the trunk and put them under the tree myself.

And in an attempt to cover their ass, my parents told me they were employed by Santa Claus.

I was 5 or 6. The logic didn't add up. However, by the time I was 7 I decided it was a huge conspiracy created by parents to control their kids and it was my job to uncover it. I decided that I should let all kids know so they wouldn't be duped. Haha.

Think about that weird song, "He knows when you are sleeping, he knows when you are awake, he knows when you've been good or bad so be good for goodness sake." How freaky is that?

I was the kid who shattered other kids' belief in santa. Sorry guys!

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Afkan View Post
    Your story was really funny!!!
    XDD
    Quote Originally Posted by harmonyizmine View Post

Think about that weird song, "He knows when you are sleeping, he knows when you are awake, he knows when you've been good or bad so be good for goodness sake." How freaky is that?
    I've never actually thought of this XDD
    The way you put it is soo funny... I couldn't stop laughing for ages XDDD

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I was a late bloomer. Yay for INFP naivety!

Sometime in second third grade, around Easter time, I finally started really thinking about the Easter Bunny. I realized that the idea of a large, bouncing bunny that delivered candy was really, really stupid. How can such an creature exist? So I looked at my step dad, and said, "The Easter bunny doesn't really exist, does he?" He replied, "No," and I nodded in satisfaction.

Then I went into my mind, and made the Ne-parallel connection between the Easter Bunny and Santa. If they could fool me about the Easter Bunny, what's keeping them from doing the same with Santa? The two weren't really that different, afterall. My heart sunk... and asked him if Santa really exists. Faced with the direct question from a skeptical son, he finally admitted to me that an omniscient and omnipresent fat man with magical, flying reindeer does not, in fact, exist.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    ISTp

Never believed in him because my house doesn't have a chimney.
    Everyone is unique. ...Just like everyone else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Video Challenge

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by sticker View Post
    Never believed in him because my house doesn't have a chimney.
    Ah, but he was MAGIC! He didn't need a chimney.
    INFP~ 4w5 ~ sx/sp ~ IEI ~ Libra

MBTI
    xxxx

I had an extended family that I saw every Christmas. I had 6 older female cousins and they thoroughly enjoyed trying to mess with me to see what I would believe. Doors can lock themselves, ghosts are buried under the house, etc. (Oh the things they things they tried to sell me with the excuse of "underground." Closets had trapdoors leading to other closets, all the while the 6 of them are taking turns distracting me and switching rooms. Apparently I loved to spell things at that age, and my cousins would make up words to see if I would believe they're real, then challenge me to spell them.) It's as if my family felt it was their duty for me to believe in Santa. I always knew there were gifts from relatives and whatnot under the tree a week before Christmas or so, but then on Christmas morning there would be some extra presents from "Santa." I don't recall the age when that belief in Santa ended, but I do remember making the connection that my parents used the same wrapping paper, handwriting, and bows as Santa. Sure, he might somehow be using a familiar wrapping paper so the kids aren't afraid of Santa, but I was onto him.

But my parents had the cards in their favor. We had a chimney, only SOME of the presents were from Santa, and they were numerous enough to not contradict the notion that good kids get a healthy amount of presents. Being something of a loner, I never really discussed Christmas with other kids enough to discover that Santa played favorites. (sure, there were some TV specials, but those are fiction, aren't they?)
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?