User Tag List

First 45678 Last

When I was five and standing next to the bushes that separated our front yard from the neighbors, the neighbor kid from up the street told me about Santa being a fraud. My world got slow and introspective all of a sudden. I was really shocked at this accusation. I needed to find out the truth in the matter. I had to ask my Mom about it and it was confirmed that it was a lie. When I asked why parents tell their kids lies about Santa, my Mom gave some lame excuse that she still sticks to today. This truth (along with other abuses, of course) shattered my trust in authority because I thought my parents would never lie to me. I began realizing that things were terribly wrong in the world and have been trying to problem solve this dilemma ever since. I have since resolved to tell the truth no matter whose feelings get crushed because lies do irreparable damage to our trustworthiness. It is written that mercy and truth will bring you favor with both God and man. I believe this. No matter how hard the truth hurts, compassion and talking things through will help people learn to trust again. Lying and telling fairy tales to kids just makes the fantasy/reality issue even more confusing for people. Santa is a stupid lie. Don't lie to your children! And now I am learning to trust again. Truth telling people are my friends.
    Nothing, nothing, nothing is impossible with GOD.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I think 10? Either way I still believe in Santa out of narcisism. Especially since coming to Finland.

Want to know why no-one has found Santa at the North Pole? That was just to put everyone on a wild goose chase to keep from finding the REAL factory. Santa lives in northern Finland because no-one goes to this country
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Socionics
    ENFj

To be honest I really don't remember when I realized Santa wasn't real. I guess it had virtually no effect on me as I tend to remember things that had a profound emotional effect on me.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

5. Something with finding the unwrapped presents behind the couch. I don't actually remember believing him just when I found out he was fake.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I never really believed in him. I knew my presents came from my parents. I always had imaginary friends and I liked them very well, but I realized they were imaginary too. I liked getting letters from the Toothfairy, but I was always vaguely aware that they were penned by my mum or my aunt.
    ^ Same here
    Actually, I think my parents gave me some hints that santa was not real, because I was so afraid of him
    I have no sense of humour.

MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by syndatha View Post
    ^ Same here
    Actually, I think my parents gave me some hints that santa was not real, because I was so afraid of him
    Oh, you poor thing. Why were you afraid of the jolly old man?
    Type: INFP Enneagram: 4
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

°cataplum!

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jane View Post
    Oh, you poor thing. Why were you afraid of the jolly old man?
    I think I was afraid of all men, except my dad and two uncles
    I have no sense of humour.

MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by syndatha View Post
    I think I was afraid of all men, except my dad and two uncles
    Ah. That sucks. I guess I could see how his booming voice and large body mass could be intimidating in that case. What a bummer.
    Type: INFP Enneagram: 4
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

°cataplum!

MBTI
    INFP

I was scared of him too a bit! It was like a love-hate relationship.
    INFP~ 4w5 ~ sx/sp ~ IEI ~ Libra

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None

RE: OP

I never believed in Santa. I was never told there was a Santa. Why? Bc i have an INFP mom who was heartbroken and felt betrayed when she as a child found out there was no Santa. She was devastated that all mankind could tell so many lies.

I'm fine with it. I think I benefited. As a result I got to feel superior to other children and became as such developing superior problem solving skills (jk) listing reasons why it was impossible for Santa to exist.

My mom also avoided the Santa lie bc she didn't want her children thinking God was a lie too.