First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFJ

When I was 10, the way I used to think of it is this:

I had noticed lots of reasons why Santa (Or Father Christmas as I knew him as a child) was not the one delivering my presents: For instance I knew that we had no Chimney, and the parcel would have my mums handwriting on it etc... However I hadnt really developed the ability (Or you might say the weakness) to correlate the evidence against Santa that was before my eyes - I didnt really see any reason to not think he was real, especially when I didnt LIKE the idea that he wasnt real - were was the fun in that?!

As an adult I still dont have a problem with Santa being real - He is the spirit that represents the holidays, therefore he has spirit like powers (Walking through walls and being able to forge my mums signature). I mean really, if your going to beleive in Aliens, Bigfoot and Health Care reform who am I to judge?
    [sits down in front of the computer] Subject: Fire. "Dear Sir stroke Madam, I am writing to inform you of a fire which has broken out at the premises of..." no, that's too formal [Deletes] "Dear Sir stroke Madam. Fire, exclamation mark. Fire, exclamation mark. Help me, exclamation mark. 123 Carrendon Road. Looking forward to hearing from you. All the best."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Tea-Snob View Post
    I mean really, if your going to beleive in Aliens, Bigfoot and Health Care reform who am I to judge?

LOL nice.

89% Extroverted ~ 68% Intuition ~ 84% Feeling ~ 89% Perceiving
    Enneagram: 2w1 SO/SP Socionics: ENFp
    Cognitive Process
    Se 30.4% Si 19.1% - Ne 38.4% Ni 26.4% - Te 23.1% Ti 20% - Fe 46.4% Fi 35.8%
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

MBTI
    enfp

Well, I stopped believing because I outsmarted myself at age 9

I was at Toys R Us with my dad, and I saw a Transformer that I got the year before from Santa.

So low and behold, in all of my suspicious stupor... I would ask my dad... "Dad, so how much was that toy last year?"

And he said " Oh, it was about xxxx"

Me: Oh, so you know because you are Santa huh????

Dad: Laughs, so now that you know, I guess you don't need Santa gifts anymore!

=(

I never got Santa gifts after that...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I never believed it -- I always knew it was a game we played together, me and my parents. My mother had a way of making her eyes a little too wide and her face a little too innocent when she would tell me outrageous stories (Santa Claus, tooth fairy, etc). We made up our own fictitious characters, too -- I didn't have the Easter Bunny, I had the Santy Rabbit, who was every bit as real. There are old home movies of me sitting on Santa's lap and putting my arm around his neck, smiling, and whispering in his ear. I was saying, "You're Jim!" (our neighbor) and he was saying "Don't tell!" and I got down, promising I wouldn't.

It never upset me one way or the other. I always thought it was all in fun.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I realized there was no Santa Claus when I was seven or eight and saw my step-mother putting my Easter basket out very early one morning. I figured, hey, no Easter bunny, no Santa Claus.
    This exact scenario.
    But actually, I was always pretty skeptical about Santa. First off, I knew he couldn't fit down our chimney and questioned a lot about why we never cleaned it before he came, and why we burned wood before he came, and how it was possible for all those reindeer to fit on our old roof until my grandparents and mom finally conceded that in this case, he came through the front door.

Then my mom said we shouldn't put out that many cookies because Santa was trying to watch his weight. Well, 2+2 together, mom was trying to watch her weight. Santa had the same wrapping paper as mom, the same handwriting as mom.

I was about 4 when I decided that Santa was likely not real, but at 7 or 8 confirmed for sure when I caught Nana sneaking into our apartment with an Easter basket.

The conversation went something like this.
    "Mom, I saw Nana with the easter basket today, so there's no easter bunny?"
    Mom: (Looking upset.) No..
    Me: No Santa either?
    Mom: (Paused, looking down) No...
    Me: I KNEW IT! (Smiling)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

I was 7.
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFJ

I am thinking about it now and I bet if Santa had not been "the bringer of stuff that I want" I would have been a lot more skeptical of him

..these days I just write to Elvis each year..
    [sits down in front of the computer] Subject: Fire. "Dear Sir stroke Madam, I am writing to inform you of a fire which has broken out at the premises of..." no, that's too formal [Deletes] "Dear Sir stroke Madam. Fire, exclamation mark. Fire, exclamation mark. Help me, exclamation mark. 123 Carrendon Road. Looking forward to hearing from you. All the best."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp

Well now, the Easter Bunny is another story. I was about 9 and lived with my grandmother. I was so excited about dying eggs the next day and deciding what colors to use I couldn't sleep.

About 1 am my mother that was visiting for the holiday sticks her head in the door and whispers "Mom - where are those chocolate bunnies?".

Every basket I had ever received had this terrible big chocolate bunny in the middle (of which I'd leave the entire bunny and only eat the candy eyes).

I didn't say a word for years.

But SANTA STILL EXISTS ok?

89% Extroverted ~ 68% Intuition ~ 84% Feeling ~ 89% Perceiving
    Enneagram: 2w1 SO/SP Socionics: ENFp
    Cognitive Process
    Se 30.4% Si 19.1% - Ne 38.4% Ni 26.4% - Te 23.1% Ti 20% - Fe 46.4% Fi 35.8%
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFJ

..If he does exist I may have just gone on the naughty list

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Think I was around nine or ten. Got excited like crazy when my mom sat me down and told me, I asked a million questions about how they did everything, and got to become an elf and help shop for my little sisters. Still do.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)