User Tag List

First 1234 Last

beyondaurora

Okay, don't laugh...I was 10.

I asked my mom, "Why does Santa bring a lot of presents for me at Grandma and Grandpa's house at not at ours?" My mom thought I was onto the scheme (but even with that question, I hadn't quite put it all together), so she started laughing and confessed.

I felt very betrayed that all the people I loved lied to me for as long as I had been alive. It really made me distrust my family and made me realize just how shady people could be. I guess you could say that I'm still upset about it, so much so that I really think I won't do the whole "Santa" thing when I have kids.
    Last edited by beyondaurora; 01-04-2010 at 01:50 AM.

Phantonym

Who says I've stopped believing? He's still residing in Finland.

Santa Claus wasn't that big of a deal when I was growing up. Or I just don't remember being that into him. It was all about the presents. No trauma involved, I guess the realization of his non-existence crept up on me gradually and naturally.

I do remember very vividly how I finally got a confirmation that elves do not exist. I was 5 years old.

We have a tradition here that kids put their slippers on the windowsills and put letters to Santa with gift requests in them. The elves are little pervs who watch the kids through the windows all year round to see if they're naughty or nice and when they're nice, some candy or little presents are put into the slippers all through December until Christmas Eve. The letters are delivered to Santa. Or disposed of by the parents, if you catch my drift.

So, an innocent little kid that I was, I always put my slipper on the windowsill and wrote the letters nicely and neatly. One night I caught my mother red handed tinkering with the slipper and I KNEW! Instantly.

I guess I had always known that there was something fishy about it but when I finally got the confirmation, oh boy, that just made me feel so victorious. I didn't feel angry or let down. Hmm...maybe that's where my trust issues really stem from.

And of course I had to go and blab all over about it. My little brother was 2 at the time and that little sucker refused to believe me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

around 6 or 7. Asked my mom and she gave me a half-truth explanation, kind of felt a little uneasy about it too (it can be a big deal for a kid).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

I am not a NF but I will share.

I never believed in him and at the age 5 I have set up a trap for my parents. Since I realized that something is "wrong"
    What resulted with catching them while they were packing presents.

At first grade I rised hell by telling/explaining to other kids that entire thing is a fraud.
    What resulted with alot of tears.

So no it was never traumatic experiance for me.

MBTI
    INFJ

I stopped believing in Santa probably when I was around 6-7 years old.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I don't think I ever believed in Santa either, though I said I did, because I didn't want to upset my parents.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I was 6 and I got really mad at my parents for lying to me about this. I'm never going to teach my children about Santa.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INFP

I don't think I ever 'believed in' Santa - 'Santa' always had Mom's handwriting... but we played Santa, and put Santa on gift tags and thoroughly enjoyed the idea of Santa. Even now if some of us get together and want to give a bigger gift to one family member but don't want to say who specifically it's from - well - it's from Santa!

MBTI
    INTJ

I was about 3 years old, and went to a Christmas party where there was a Santa. I played with the other children, sat on Santa's lap, did all the Christmasy stuff, and went along with the whole deal. Then when I was on my way home in the car, I turned to my Mother and said "Jeremy's Grandad makes a good Santa doesn't he". It blew her away because I gave no indication up to that point that I was only playing along and didn't actually believe in Santa.

She is always telling people the story :P

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Maybe 4 or 5. I didn't see how it would be physically possible for him to get into the house. The chimney went into the furnace and the opening was far too small. There was no other way to get in. I actively sought evidence to prove my theory.