• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Your Perfect Place

LavaLucy

MBTI Type
infj
What would your perfect place be like NFs? What would be there? What would it look like? Who would be there? What would happen there?
I'm wanting to write a story for my own amusement. My main character I'm thinking I would like to be a male INFJ - so answer if you'd like guys :)
I was thinking along the lines of in Terry Gilliam's latest movie (can never remember the title, it sounds something like Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium) where they have those imagination sequences. Or like your personal heaven.

I appologise if this has already been asked.
Thanks in advance for your answers, I'm very curious.
:)

Robert165

MBTI Type
ENFJ
mine would be a cabin in the mountains and the rain on a tin roof and a beautiful girl (i have one in mind, a real person, not a celebrity)

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
6w5
My perfect place would be alone in a downtown apartment. There's some appealing about being along while surrounded by the bustle of the city.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I haven't been to many places, but i'm very fond of bits of Massachusetts. I find myself at my most content when i'm there.

Quaint, yet lively. People there give off a vibe of being youthful and creative. The towns have very distinct differences, despite the same undertone. It just feels good. Cranberry bogs and towns filled of craft shops.. or towns filled of universities and young, interesting people.

Otherwise, just give me a place in reach of the people i care about and i am content. I don't need nor want an elaborate setting to be at my happiest.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I've been close but haven't made it here yet. Doesn't matter who else is there although I suspect it would be a great place for a summer romance.

Ladakh%252C_the_%2527Li-topImage.jpg

Grazing_Yaks_Near_Photoskar_Village_Ladakh_India.jpg

ladakh.jpg

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
My perfect place doesn't really exist, but neither does perfection, sooo I think I'm free to make it up :D.

My perfect place is a beautiful house with two distinct sides. The front of the house has polished wood floors, antique oriental rugs, and fine art. It has an enormous library with a fireplace. If you were to walk out the front door your view would be of cloud scraping snow-capped mountains, or Autumn in full glory. If you walk further into the house you step over the last rug and onto a temperature cool, intricately tiled floor. As you walk through this part of the house, the soft colors and the sound of waves surround you. You step out of the door and get a blast of warm salt scented air as you look out over the seemingly endless ocean. In both sides of the house you can be swallowed by beauty and comfort.

P

Phantonym

^^^ What she said! :drool:

My perfect place is a place to call home.

Bubbleboy

MBTI Type
ENFP
What would your perfect place be like NFs? What would be there? What would it look like? Who would be there? What would happen there?
I'm wanting to write a story for my own amusement. My main character I'm thinking I would like to be a male INFJ - so answer if you'd like guys :)
I was thinking along the lines of in Terry Gilliam's latest movie (can never remember the title, it sounds something like Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium) where they have those imagination sequences. Or like your personal heaven.

I appologise if this has already been asked.
Thanks in advance for your answers, I'm very curious.
:)
Anywhere but here - but if I must pick one place, it would be also be someplace small and isolated within a bustling hub of activity. A hub where there are as different people, places and doors to walk through as possible. Add me to the dark downtown apartment, even if it's getting crowded in there ;)

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
My perfect place would be alone in a downtown apartment. There's some appealing about being along while surrounded by the bustle of the city.

+93. That's precisely where I am now. In a basement apartment, no less. :ninja:

Actually, I still haven't decided what's better. A downtown apartment upstairs with windows to look out and see all the action - or, the basement apartment in which I have absolutely no idea what's going on outside the building.

LovelyAngel

Instigator, First Class
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
My perfect place is a western style wooden house with strong Japanese accents – shoji panels, wood floors, covered decks. The modern kitchen (with inviting island) would be open to the living room, but the house is of a modest size overall. The house would be decorated with art, and there would be an abundance of books - ideally in a large library (with a baby grand piano!) - but alternatively in bookshelves distributed around the house, built into various nooks and crannies.

The location, in Oregon, would be in a forest of evergreen trees – mostly firs. The house would be nestled into the side of a hill, and sliding shoji panels would open to a slim deck that wraps around the house and provides a view of the valley below. The roof would extend over the deck to provide protection from the rain. (I love standing outside and listening to the rain!)

It would be a quiet house – for reading and thinking. (There would be music, too – but in the background, on demand.) Adjacent to or in the library is a study area where the computer resides. (I can’t live without my computer!)

It’s actually possible to have such a location in or near a large city in Oregon, so these specifications do not necessarily dictate a rural setting.

OK. This was a bit much. But if you’re writing a book, painting the image might be important.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
My perfect place is a western style wooden house with strong Japanese accents – shoji panels, wood floors, covered decks. The modern kitchen (with inviting island) would be open to the living room, but the house is of a modest size overall. The house would be decorated with art, and there would be an abundance of books - ideally in a large library (with a baby grand piano!) - but alternatively in bookshelves distributed around the house, built into various nooks and crannies.

The location, in Oregon, would be in a forest of evergreen trees – mostly firs. The house would be nestled into the side of a hill, and sliding shoji panels would open to a slim deck that wraps around the house and provides a view of the valley below. The roof would extend over the deck to provide protection from the rain. (I love standing outside and listening to the rain!)

It would be a quiet house – for reading and thinking. (There would be music, too – but in the background, on demand.) Adjacent to or in the library is a study area where the computer resides. (I can’t live without my computer!)

It’s actually possible to have such a location in or near a large city in Oregon, so these specifications do not necessarily dictate a rural setting.

OK. This was a bit much. But if you’re writing a book, painting the image might be important.

Sounds really cool. Definitely a place I'd want to visit. BTW, did you say "large city" and "Oregon" in the same sentence? Only thing that comes to mind is Portland. I just can't call Eugene or Salem large. BTW, when you mentioned having bookshelves being located in various locations throughout the house, I couldn't help but imagine having computers in various places throughout a house too. Like when you go to Barnes and Noble and they have the self-help kiosk computers located all through the store. That would be nice to have a computer in various spots throughout your library/house too.

LovelyAngel

Instigator, First Class
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
BTW, did you say "large city" and "Oregon" in the same sentence? Only thing that comes to mind is Portland. I just can't call Eugene or Salem large.

Well... I had in my mind Portland as I do know of places in the West Hills... but I didn’t want to rule out Eugene (some folks think it’s big enough as a city).

BTW, when you mentioned having bookshelves being located in various locations throughout the house, I couldn't help but imagine having computers in various places throughout a house too. Like when you go to Barnes and Noble and they have the self-help kiosk computers located all through the store. That would be nice to have a computer in various spots throughout your library/house too.

I’m fine with my laptop and iPhone as my floating computers in the house... so the lone permanent workstation with spectacular Cinema display and multi-core horsepower should do perfectly well. But to each his own. Actually, I think the interior of the house should look simple and uncluttered. So I’d prefer a library/study to collect the books and clutter in one place and leave the rest of the house calm and understated. But that’s just me.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
At a piano near a window with the view of a pastoral scenery with a stream and lush trees and flowers.

Ethiope

MBTI Type
INFP
Mine's not too unusual, but my perfect place in my imagination is a comfortable cottage on a lake in the woods. Surrounded by nature and water and quiet with one person who I cared very deeply for and who felt the same about me. We would let others visit, but they couldn't stay too long.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

:yes:

I love the hustle and bustle of a city. I may not want to interact, but being in the middle of it makes me feel less isolated. I also love the culture in downtown areas - you just don't get that in suburbs or the country.

Quaint, yet lively. People there give off a vibe of being youthful and creative.

:yes:

I like a bohemian vibe, but not too laid-back - some activity around me is nice. I like very dreamy aesthetics, and a sense of nature in a city environment. I love buildings with plants growing up them, for example. The juxtaposition of man-made and natural appeals to me. I also like a lot of color and interesting architecture. Many places I can walk to are ideal. I love my car & the freedom it affords, but I miss my old apartment where I could walk or ride a bike to many places.

I am very happy in a little apartment because I hate maintenance & prefer to keep things small/simple, but if I had a dream house, I'd like it by the ocean or with a pool because I like water, and I'd have some kind of conservatory with plants and peacocks walking around (I don't know why I always envision peacocks). I tend to kill plants though, so outside of my imagination someone else would have to be responsible for it :D. A huge personal library is a given - preferably two levels, or at least one high enough to require a rolling ladder. I like antique furniture too, authentic or just replica. If it's a bit "distressed" I love it even more.

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
Sorry, my grammatical skills have dropped. Lack of sleep.

My perfect place would be something that reacts to how I feel at every turn.

As if colours, awakened by my imagination, floating around and momentarily creating new things out of nothing but my mind.

Creatures dwelling in all different kinds and shapes, in some places fight for survival and in others live in abundance.

Physical notions felt in but a whim and my unconsciousness picks at the atmosphere at any given time.

Actually, time wouldn't exist as we seem to find it.

If I want to create something or conjulate a theory upon what is what, then it speaks, as if summoned, right out into the world.

Where I can meet people that are truth and where I am truth.

Everyone living in perfect symbios(is?).

Where worlds are created in a gust of a thought and lived.

Where death or life is no part of the world, simply just is.

Where tangients and intangibles aren't the language the speak but what we understand and gain insight into.

Where language is not needed anymore.

Where you and I, live as we want to have lived our entire lives.

Where complex ideas frollic in the sunshine.

Where non-matter is as communicative as matter.

I don't want to paint yours but I do want to paint mine.
And if you want to paint mine, then please go ahead and do so.
I will love you for it and I truly do.

____

A "non" perfect place would be here on earth with a little bit of solitude, nature, warmth, little rain and perhaps a choice for when to act and not to act upon my own accord.
Anywhere. - almost. Heh. Really chilly here in the north.