User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default INFx's - favorite TV shows from the past?

The other day I was looking at the TV listings on my cable network to see if they air any of my old favorites. Then I realized something. The shows that I've liked the most have had something in common: I generally like shows where there is one true central character (as opposed to a family or a group) and where he/she is somewhat of a loner and/or the show gives a lot of insight and depth into what the person is thinking or feeling inside of themselves. Some examples are the old show "The Wonder Years" with Fred Savage, where Kevin's thoughts are narrated to us. We always know what he's thinking about a certain girl and we get to hear his frustration or excitement when things go awry or go well.

Another example is the show "Felicity". As a guy, I always thought it was funny how much I really liked this show. I took a lot of heat from my friends (especially guy friends) for liking this show, but I know now that I liked this show for the same reason - it allows the viewer access into the depth of what goes on beneath the surface.

Another show I loved as a kid was "Highway to Heaven" with Michael Landon. Even as a youngster, I liked him because he was nomadic and very much an individual. Sure, he was an angel, but we were seeing him in human form. It was just him and his sidekick.

Anyways, introverts, name some of your favorite TV shows and tell why you like them.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

ooh ooh ooh, I LOVED Dharma & Greg. It was very humorous, played ENFP vs ISTJ, and dealt a lot with expectations and perceptions.

I also really enjoy big bang theory. Having spent many years in physics grad school, it hits very close to home but in a good and funny kind of way

3rd rock from the sun. dealing with society, people, social interactions, etc

babylon 5. well done, sci-fi but people focused and not super nerdy. a novel in tv format

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I liked Felicity a lot too...but the last season was drama overload.
    I loved My So Called Life and Frasier.
    I liked Life Goes On, but I was very little when that was on.

I liked many older cartoon series: Rocko's Modern Life, Daria, Animaniacs.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Dupe thread!

Shall I merge this with the other thread in the NT Rationale with the same title, or shall I rename this to:

(1) "INFX's - favorite TV shows from the past?"

OR

(2) "XNFX's - favorite TV shows from the past?"

Y'all pick.

Thanks,

-Halla
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Halla - I choose #2

I loved You Can't do that on Television when I was a kid. It was seriously crazy.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Dupe thread!

Shall I merge this with the other thread in the NT Rationale with the same title, or shall I rename this to:

(1) "INFX's - favorite TV shows from the past?"

OR

(2) "XNFX's - favorite TV shows from the past?"

Y'all pick.

Thanks,

-Halla
    I would re-name it for "INFx's", but you can do whatever you feel is most appropriate. It'd be cool if there was an "INxx" forum - it's the INFJ's, INFP's, INTP's, and INTJ's that I feel I have the most in common with, so I like to bounce things off those types the most, and then I end up making a thread for the NF forum and the NT forum to get opinions/thoughts from both sides. This thread is obviously a very light topic, but if it was something where I wanted INxx opinions, what's the best way to go, Halla?

If I post in NF, I lose a lot of NT input. If I post in NT, I lose a lot of NF input.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Rescue 911.... Guess that's my idealistic side
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

I dont like watching any kind of tv shows, commercials are one of the main reason. the other is that there is nothing but Crap on.

MBTI
    INFJ

Hrmm... I typically have a specific genre and style to books I like, but not movies or tv shows. I was a huge fan of 3rd Rock from the Sun when it was on for instance. I dunno, I can't like the typical dumb sitcom. A show has to be really quirky and creative to spark my interest. I love a lot of Britcom like Red Dwarf as well. Those hold a place in my heart... dry British humor is just the best thing out there.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    I would re-name it for "INFx's", but you can do whatever you feel is most appropriate.
    I'll go for option 1, as it is your OP.

It'd be cool if there was an "INxx" forum - it's the INFJ's, INFP's, INTP's, and INTJ's that I feel I have the most in common with, so I like to bounce things off those types the most, and then I end up making a thread for the NF forum and the NT forum to get opinions/thoughts from both sides.
    I understand. At this time there are sub-divisions by archetype. So, the only way to achieve what you are looking to do is to start two threads. But, anyone of any type can answer either thread. So I don't know to what degree your objectives are being accomplished.

This thread is obviously a very light topic, but if it was something where I wanted INxx opinions, what's the best way to go, Halla?

If I post in NF, I lose a lot of NT input. If I post in NT, I lose a lot of NF input.
    In the future, for the sake of differentiation, please make the thread titles different as noted above. That way they won't have as high a likelihood as being tagged as dupes by a mod. Seeing duplicates all over the place is somewhat confusing.

If the titles are different, and in different forums, they are not dupes.

If threads in two different forums have the same title, they are dupes, and have a high probability of being merged.

Sound reasonable?

-Halla
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro