• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INFx's - favorite TV shows from the past?

BMEF

The following T.V. shows are some of my favorites (in no particular order):

• Desperate Housewives
  • The Simpsons
  • Dr. Phil
  • Family Guy
  • Oprah
  • The Insider
  • Inside Edition
  • The Biggest Loser
  • MadTv
  • Survivor
  • The Amazing Race

Yes, I am a huge fan of reality T.V.; ... the only one in my family, to be more exact.:rolli:

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The Maxx - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

10pm every Saturday, from 1994 to 1995ish.

For as long as I can remember, I've been deeply invested in figuring out who I am: my motives, desires, feelings, intricacies, faults, etc. The Maxx was someone I could relate to, someone who (like me) had a hard time discerning the real from what isn't, and never felt completely at home in either realm.

Some other shows have hit home, but none like the Maxx. It was one-of-a-kind.

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Canadian shows:

Beachcombers - Can't remember the plot line, although I think it was set on the coast in BC. Just remember Jesse was one of the first native people on a regular TV show.

The Littlest Hobo - About a seemingly homeless do-gooder German Shepherd who always came across people just when they needed him most. The MacGuyver of dogs.

Degrassi Jr. High - Whoa! Remember when Spike had a baby in Grade 7?
Scan-da-lous!

Flipper - Oo - About a dolphin and the two children of a single marine biologist dad. Was more entertaining (then at least) than it sounds now.

North of 60 - Really bad Canadian soap/drama set in Northern ??? on a reserve. However one of the actors was from one of our local reserves and another one was the MLA for the area of the rez where I spent the last five years.

This Hour Has 22 Minutes - good political satire

Corner Gas - Great commentary on average little Saskatchewan town. Main character hails from Tisdale, Saskatchewan whose little jingle on TV when I was growing up was "Tis-dale, the land of rape and honey" (Rape was the commonly used word for canola. Still not quite sure how that was supposed to draw tourists...)

Other:

After school shows: Happy Days, Gilligan's Island, Beverly Hillbillies, Green Acres, Family Ties, The Cosby Show, Blossom, Full House

Saturday Morning: Loony Toons, Abbot and Costello

Childhood: MacGuyver, Night Rider, Matlock, Different World, Cheers, Night Court, Three's Company (my folks didn't like us watching Night Court and Three's Company though, but my sister and brother always watched it when they babysat). Disney on Sunday nights. Little House on the Prairie.

Later: Seinfeld, ER, Gilmore Girls, Friends (its first year), Dharma and Greg (what a dumb way to have ended the series!), Law and Order

Do you live in the Great North, fidelia? Nunavut? NW Territories? Yukon?

Robert165

MBTI Type
ENFJ
present:

Numbers
Law and Order Criminal Intent
Criminal Minds
Monk
Psych
The Mentalist
The Office
That 70's Show
Scrubs
Doctor Who

Old Shows:

Columbo
MASH
Cheers
Star Trek
Star Trek: Next Generation
Doctor Who
The Twilight Zone
The X-Files
Family Ties
WKRP in Cincinati
Three's Company
All In The Family
Sanford and Son
Gilligan's Island
Bonanza
Magnum PI
Simon & Simon

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Do you live in the Great North, fidelia? Nunavut? NW Territories? Yukon?

Nope, just old Saskatchewan! I used to live on a reserve in Northern Manitoba (last five years) though.

grasshoppersings

MBTI Type
infj
I refuse to watch any television anymore. Got to protect my mind from junk assault. 1972 and 1973 saw the best TV program ever and I got to watch reruns later in the 1970's:

Kung Fu with David Carradine

"The only darkness is fear."

BlueSprout

/X\(:: :: )/X\
MBTI Type
pfni
Enneagram
An old show from the 1950s that I like is Alfred Hitchcock Presents.

:)

I love that show. The theme sends shivers down my back.

Did you ever get around to watching the Alfred Hitchcock Hour? It had double the suspense and human foibles per episode.

teacups&cupcakes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
abcd
I love that show. The theme sends shivers down my back.

Did you ever get around to watching the Alfred Hitchcock Hour? It had double the suspense and human foibles per episode.

I especially love his introductions. :D

No, unfortunately I have not seen The Alfred Hitchcock Hour and I dislike how it's not available on DVD. :( I heard that it was in some ways better because there was more depth to the stories.

BlueSprout

/X\(:: :: )/X\
MBTI Type
pfni
Enneagram
I especially love his introductions. :D

No, unfortunately I have not seen The Alfred Hitchcock Hour and I dislike how it's not available on DVD. :( I heard that it was in some ways better because there was more depth to the stories.

Re his introductions: Me too. :D His snarky asides about his sponsors were a close second.

And here are 88 episodes of the Alfred Hitchcock Hour courtesy of Hulu. :)

Alfred Hitchcock Hour - Full Episodes and Clips streaming online for free - Hulu

the_red_crusader

MBTI Type
INFP
The shows that I've liked the most have had something in common: I generally like shows where there is one true central character (as opposed to a family or a group) and where he/she is somewhat of a loner and/or the show gives a lot of insight and depth into what the person is thinking or feeling inside of themselves.

That's hilarious because some of my favorite TV shows are:

Scrubs
Felicity
The Big Bang Theory
Dharma & Greg
The Wonder Years
Saved By the Bell
Seinfeld.

Shows with personality insight are my favorite, or where they have some type of internal dialog discussing their experiences.