User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    Ok, I'm not trying to play victim here, but admirable is not the word I see being used most frequently to describe it
    Not everyone is so generous and perceptive as I am.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    Maybe that's another difference, too. I think Fi-doms arrive at emotional management in a different way. For us (well, some of us) emotions are not inherently threatening. They just are. Plus they often carry meaningful data with them. When I feel irritated at someone, I ask why. That irritation is important information and may indicate subtle things like underhanded manipulation on the other person's part. My irritation isn't the only truth, but it represents a bunch of subtle, unconscious judgments and should be taken seriously. On the other hand, if I'm irritated just because the other person has a habit of saying "ummm" every other word... not so important.

xNFPs generally choose to deal with emotions immediately and in depth so they don't fester. One of the strengths of Fi is that helps one manage one's own emotional state. While emotions aren't under our direct control, there is a lot of shaping one can do to them.
    Yeah, I think so. Fi-doms seem to feel what they feel in a more direct way.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Not everyone is so generous and perceptive as I am.
    You just said that so that all the INFPs would hug you, didn't you?
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    ENTP

You just said that so that all the INFPs would hug you, didn't you?
    Stay away. I hate hugs.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Hmmm, interesting. Maybe Fe is ordered, proper emotion? Fi is more authentic emotion?

Agree with the point about Fi users reveling in both good and dark things. Like I said, they seem more confident to me in their emotions. They trust it enough to rely on it.
    Fi is not necessarily more authentic but Fi users seem let their feelings go more out into the open, IME.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Ah, okay. I was going to reply that the Fe description absolutely does not describe me. I can come off as cold initially, because I'm an introvert. But I warm up over time.

I personally believe that the boundaries between Fi and Fe are not as clear cut as they are made out to be. A lot of what is said about Fe can apply to Fi, and vice versa. Especially when Fe is paired with Ni, and Fi paired with Ne.

No, Fi is not more authentic emotion. Again, I don't know how much Enneagram factors into this but I am a 4 so emotions are very much my terrain; positive and negative emotions. Most INFJs on this forum are 4s as well, so I doubt they would agree with that assessment.
    That's a good point. I relate to a lot of presumably Fi traits, "Cold" might not been the right word. It just comes feeling somewhat detached to me. Fe-doms usually come off really nice and friendly but at the same time detached (sometimes even private). Maybe it's just my perceptual bias?

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    That's a good point. I relate to a lot of presumably Fi traits, "Cold" might not been the right word. It just comes feeling somewhat detached to me. Fe-doms usually come off really nice and friendly but at the same time detached (sometimes even private). Maybe it's just my perceptual bias?
    One of my friends is a classic ENFJ (who was raised by an ENTJ dad). My brother, who I'm thinking is an ISFP, thinks he's "arrogant". Take that for what you will.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    One of my friends is a classic ENFJ (who was raised by an ENTJ dad). My brother, who I'm thinking is an ISFP, thinks he's "arrogant". Take that for what you will.
    haha, that doesn't surprise me. I could see how some people might deem ENFJs to be "arrogant". I think I unintentionally come off as arrogant at times (the air of supreme definiteness even when we don't know what the hell we are talking about ). That being said, my best friend is ISFP.

Since we've been using the deep sea analogy, an INFP is so fascinated by what he finds during the deep dive that he forgets about the basic things such as coming up for air

There is also the part of feeling things intensely. When I'm in a great mood, I feel like I'm soaring up in the clouds, and then when reality interrupts (or blindsides us), it can be a rapid descent back to earth.
    That intrigues me.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    J Fe users and P Fe users are going to be different in their sense of feeling as stable and authoritative, aren't they? Are they?

Same difference for J/P Fi, the J's are gong to be more into using personal feeling as motive and the P users are going to allow perception the privilege of guiding them. So TJs dismiss, FPs empathise, FJ's guide, and TPs... em, tell you what they think?

I dunno.
    Makes sense.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    haha, that doesn't surprise me. I could see how some people might deem ENFJs to be "arrogant". I think I unintentionally come off as arrogant at times (the air of supreme definiteness even when we don't know what the hell we are talking about ). That being said, my best friend is ISFP.
    The funny part is that I know I'm an arrogant ass... the thing is, my little bro knows that I've got his back 24/7/365. I think that might be the key for Fi-users... if they know you'll be there for them no matter what, there's less likelihood for them to interpret your actions outside of good faith.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Fi does pick up on people's emotions, at least IRL. I can feel people's hostility bouncing off of them. When I was with my ex, sometimes I could literally feel him standing behind me or entering a room. I think trying to do that on the Internet might be a mistake, of course.

I'm almost always sensitive to my environment, like, it's hard for me to stay happy in a room full of anger or sadness. The only way for me to block it is if I'm really absorbed in reading something, or if I'm in tertiary Te bulldozer mode because it conveniently blocks my empathy.