User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 171

  1. #101
    Seriously Delirious Udog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None
    Posts
    5,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    You're welcome! I am your humble servant.

    To my mind, the process should be as follows:

    * Pang of emotional reaction
    * Check the emotional reaction for reasonability and consonance with reality.
    I agree with this. All instruments need to be calibrated to the source if they are going to measure with any accuracy.

    Of all the types, ENTPs are the one type that routinely confounds me and my internal emotional resonances. Even *if* I have some sort of great insight to the emotional state of an ENTP, I still have to play it cautiously, because it never reflects in quite the same way as it resonates within me. Likewise, ENTPs can easily disrespect Fi simply by their questioning and prodding.

  2. #102
    Revelation Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I sent the PM in response to your passive aggressive rep comment, and you replied, so yes, that is a PM. There was also that ridiculous accusation in the thread about types reactioning (http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...eacting-2.html). I'd like you to stop nitpicking me.
    I've got to say OA, you do make many seemingly hostile and passive-aggressive comments about FJs. I try to not comment on them because I just chock it up to your experience, but you weren't willing to grant the same courtesy to others in these Fi threads. I otherwise think you are a very insightful poster with valuable contributions, but if I had read that thread and saw your comment, I would've asked the same question that protean asked.

  3. #103
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I don't know but I do know that at this point the ineffable, immaterial, indescribable Ni sounds substantially less mystic and obscure than this Fi people are talking about. Walking through crowds and picking up people's emotions? Having to move your office because of being bombarded with people's energy? If this is the case, I'm quite happy I have a natural mental boundary between myself and others because this sounds like emotional and mental rape.


    I admit to not having the ability to automatically know what another person is feeling if I've never felt it or been in a similar situation. I understand that's not exactly what Fis/NFPs are saying, but that's the closest approximation I can wrap my head around at this point. I can ask, I can conjecture, I can speculate, I can watch their behaviors and body language and make educated guesses (which can be wrong!) but I don't know.
    That's why I'm wondering if it's identification with feeling rather than knowledge. I don't presume that they are really claiming to know EXACTLY what someone else feels. I think it's just deeply felt maybe in some automatic way. I guess I don't feel as connected to people in that way. I feel a bit more aloof.

    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I agree with this. All instruments need to be calibrated to the source if they are going to measure with any accuracy.

    Of all the types, ENTPs are the one type that routinely confounds me and my internal emotional resonances. Even *if* I have some sort of great insight to the emotional state of an ENTP, I still have to play it cautiously, because it never reflects in quite the same way as it resonates within me. Likewise, ENTPs can easily disrespect Fi simply by their questioning and prodding.
    I think ENTP's may confound you because my emotions don't feel like things I feel rather more like things that are happening to me that I don't really feel comfortable with. A lot of my emotions are buried and only come out during dreams. Most of my natural expressed emotions are either anxiety or excitement. When I am more relaxed, I am very loving but it doesn't feel like something I feel deep inside. It feels more like warm milk.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  4. #104
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I've got to say OA, you do make many seemingly hostile and passive-aggressive comments about FJs. I try to not comment on them because I just chock it up to your experience, but you weren't willing to grant the same courtesy to others in these Fi threads. I otherwise think you are a very insightful poster with valuable contributions, but if I had read that thread and saw your comment, I would've asked the same question that protean asked.
    Seems like more of the Fi vs. Fe divide in how conflicts are resolved:

    1. Fi accuses and projects motives.
    2. Fe tries to coerce eusocial behavior.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  5. #105
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Seems like more of the Fi vs. Fe divide in how conflicts are resolved:

    1. Fi accuses and projects motives.
    2. Fe tries to coerce eusocial behavior.
    I must say, there's this common perception that Fe is excessively coercive. I'd say it works best in a persuasive mold.

  6. #106
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    I must say, there's this common perception that Fe is excessively coercive. I'd say it works best in a persuasive mold.
    Persuasion until persuasion fails. Then coercion.

    Think about Fe dominant types like ESFJ/ENFJ. They are often very directly coercive. Very little real persuasion at work.

    I think this is what can make Fe so dangerous. Luckily, most Fe dominants do tend to take on board what is good for the group. So, they are often correct and justified. I rankle more at their effectiveness rather than their motive. I find them difficult to fend off.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  7. #107
    Revelation Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Seems like more of the Fi vs. Fe divide in how conflicts are resolved:

    1. Fi accuses and projects motives.
    2. Fe tries to coerce eusocial behavior.
    Number 2 - hardly. I'm not trying to force anyone into "eusocial behavior." But it's kind of double standard-ish to get mad when someone accuses your type of a certain behavior, then feel it is alright to do the same to another type. I guess that's Fe, do unto others as you would want done unto you. And I wonder... if FPs are so empathetic, why haven't they realized by now that FJs are annoyed by their accusations? Does their empathy not work over the internetz?

  8. #108
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Number 2 - hardly. I'm not trying to force anyone into "eusocial behavior." But it's kind of double standard-ish to get mad when someone accuses your type of a certain behavior, then feel it is alright to do the same to another type. I guess that's Fe, do unto others as you would want done unto you. And I wonder... if FPs are so empathetic, why haven't they realized by now that FJs are annoyed by their accusations? Does their empathy not work over the internetz?
    This thing we keep calling "empathy" is radically subjective and particularized. Fi-style empathy often fails to account for the "big picture" which is accounted for by Fe. Fe-style empathy often fails to identify with the other.

    Thinking this is the problem.

    /my opinion
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  9. #109
    Seriously Delirious Udog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None
    Posts
    5,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I think ENTP's may confound you because my emotions don't feel like things I feel rather more like things that are happening to me that I don't really feel comfortable with. A lot of my emotions are buried and only come out during dreams. Most of my natural expressed emotions are either anxiety or excitement. When I am more relaxed, I am very loving but it doesn't feel like something I feel deep inside. It feels more like warm milk.
    I believe Qre:us summed it up nicely by saying that her emotions are always viewed from a third person perspective, whereas Fi views it from the first person perspective. So even when she's feeling them, she's not really feeling them.

    So even if the first and third person views are seeing the same thing, and essentially agree, the experiences are so different that there's still a pretty big disconnect that must be bridged.

  10. #110
    Revelation Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    This thing we keep calling "empathy" is radically subjective and particularized. Fi-style empathy often fails to account for the "big picture" which is accounted for by Fe. Fe-style empathy often fails to identify with the other.

    Thinking this is the problem.

    /my opinion
    I hear Fe and "the group/big picture" mentioned often together. But I think every Fe user is different. I personally do best one-on-one and I identify with others on that basis. I don't know if this could be related to Enneagram, but I'm a sx/sp variant... i.e. I have the social instinct last. So social objectives are often not in the forefront of my mind.

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] Fe and Fi, the NT version
    By BlahBlahNounBlah in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 04-20-2010, 09:55 AM
  2. Showdown: Fe vs Fi...
    By Kalach in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 09:45 PM
  3. [NF] Fe and Fi, say what you love about your F function!
    By BlueScreen in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 06:25 PM
  4. [NF] Communicating between Fe and Fi
    By heart in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 05-29-2008, 02:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO