• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Can NFs be ruthless, cruel or evil?

MrRandom88

MBTI Type
INFP
well for me, assumign im an INFP (im not 100% sure cuz i havn't taken the test officially but i keep being drawn back to these 4 letters when i read up on descriptions), I can become cruel and ruthless when a value of mine is violated. otherwise im a very easy going person who looks for the good in everyone.

ps. on the soccer field I'm a very reserved player in general...but once that opponent initiates anything resembling unfair play, unsportsmanlike behavior, or if they badmouth one of my players I will remember their number and will intentionally knock the shit out of them whenever they get the ball. Again, once the values are crossed I stop at nothing to defend them.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
i could easily push the button that would fry a pedophile on an electric chair even though the pedophile didn't take anyones life.
yet, i could not do the same to someone who killed someone in a robbery 50 years ago.
sorry, that's about the first thing that popped in my head immediately after reading OP:)

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Probably the cruelest thing I've ever done was way back in high school to a girl who was being an obnoxious shit-talker was acting up. I couldn't stand her anymore so I peeled off a piece of my lipstick and stuck it on her chair. When she stood up to wipe it off? It kept smearing all over her buttocks even more. She drew me a picture of a mushroom, apologized, asked me to smoke out with her. lol.. I didn't trust the apology. I told her no.

I don't think that I can really intentionally want to hurt someone emotionally though, because emotional pain lasts longer than physical pain. I also don't understand the act of exploiting others for the sake of personal gain.. To me, it feels like drinking poison.

I don't mind the occasional bird flip when I'm provoked tho.

sculpting

I don't think that I can really intentionally want to hurt someone emotionally though, because emotional pain lasts longer than physical pain. I also don't understand the act of exploiting others for the sake of personal gain.. To me, it feels like drinking poison.

yes. Is this a general truth or an ENFP truth?

If ever motivated by a greater cause I could hurt people. In my mind it would have to sum for the greatest good for all. I can sense this in myself. But it would have to be an extraordinary case.

In the day to day? I cant. I feel like I have this dark dragon sleeping inside of me. It has extraordinary strength and potential for cruelty. It waits.

When I get hurt or angry the dragon sits up and takes notice. It is like a dynamo building momentum and I can feel pieces of it starting to engage, all coming together in lockstep. If I ever let it fully take over I would be capable of cold, callous cruelty.

I ALWAYS stop. I always quell that momentum and dismiss it. I very consciously choose to forgive the other person or accept all of the blame myself in order to quell that internal beast.

If highly emotive, then tendrils will slip out, little bitchy quips or cutting comments, but I feel terrible afterwords. But those are very rare.

But yeah, it is there sleeping and by it's presence it violates my ultimate value of cause no harm.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
These traits are not typical NF traits, but NFs, as are all temperaments are only human. So not everyone if going to fit into the typical NF trait box. I would say if put under a lot of stress, or if values were overstepped, an NF could be outspoken because of this. Or they might push away the people who did not act so kind to them, or tried to get them to do what they did not believe in. If it built up over time, this could evolve into cruelty if they were put under unfortunate circumstances.

For a fi-user, if their fi-values were what the average person considered to be cruel, it might not make them seem this way. We don't know how a person was brought up, and some places people have to adapt in some way or another because of harsh conditions. They might believe in what they were doing, maybe the world taught them to be this way. An NF would probably try to do it in a more kind way but have to be pushed to resort to the colder way. I would say that fe can be easily influenced, can affect and toy with the mood, so there is a lot of potential for unhealthy fe. Dominant fe can be forceful so this is and of itself can be difficult to deal with especially when unhealthy.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Every time I take an MBT test, I score as INFJ, but I wouldn't say I'm deeply compassionate or empathetic. I'm chaotic neutral but I guess because I follow my feelings and look at the big picture, I'm somehow an NF.

Lark

I'd say anyone can be, NFs included, the best recent guide to this I've read has been Simon Baron Cohen's writing about Evil in The Science of Evil and Zero Degrees of Empathy.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I told an ex once "I hope you die alone and your cats eat you", and I said it because I knew it would touch on his fears.

I'll see myself out.

NF’s aren’t paragons of virtue. I can be a real prick sometimes (my best friend’s words to me). Not sure why people think we’re incapable of cruelty just because we can display compassion. We can be exceptionally ruthless and cruel because we understand people and their emotions.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
NF’s aren’t paragons of virtue. I can be a real prick sometimes (my best friend’s words to me). Not sure why people think we’re incapable of cruelty just because we can display compassion. We can be exceptionally ruthless and cruel because we understand people and their emotions.

That's precisely it. NFs inherently see inside of others, oftentimes what others don't even see themselves. Consequently, we know where to aim for the fatal blow.

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, yes, ad yes.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Why even ask such a question? Of course they can. In my exoerience, they ar3 more likely to be cruel see; ‘ emotionally manipulative’ and this basically describes my entire family. They are extremely “ F” and extremely toxic.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why even ask such a question? Of course they can. In my exoerience, they ar3 more likely to be cruel see; ‘ emotionally manipulative’ and this basically describes my entire family. They are extremely “ F” and extremely toxic.

I had the same thought - well yes, obviously they can. Just like any human being can. Being theoretically more likely to prioritize relationships and tap into others emotions in no way implies doing so for 'good' reasons or even being a good person.

Permabanned
How's this?

I hate you all.

:happy2:

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As someone who briefly took over this forum once upon a time, yes, I think feeling types can certainly be wicked.