User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Exactly when are NF's not up to something?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    Exactly when are NF's not up to something?
    Be afraid, be very afriad...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Enneagram
    1w2

I don't understand why this is even a question.

NFs don't have a monopoly on compassion, charity, virtue, morality, or gumdrops and lollipops.

This is why I can't identify with NF descriptions. I find that they often place NFs on some goodness pedestal and I know that that's not me. And those that are answering in the vein of unintentionally would an NF be cruel and unusual or in extenuating circumstances to me makes it seems like NFs are somehow less predisposed to being incredibly fucked up individuals or some tragedy transmogrified an individual who would otherwise be saintly. Isn't that the case with most people who are warped and twisted?

I think temperament descriptions go too far when they say that NFs have a greater sense of empathy or are more sensitive than other temperaments. That's a ludicrous and unsubstantiated claim that people seem to consistently latch onto for reasons of bolstering their self-esteem and building a false self-concept.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post

NFs don't have a monopoly on compassion, charity, virtue, morality, or gumdrops and lollipops.

This is why I can't identify with NF descriptions. I find that they often place NFs on some goodness pedestal and I know that that's not me. And those that are answering in the vein of unintentionally would an NF be cruel and unusual or in extenuating circumstances to me makes it seems like NFs are somehow less predisposed to being incredibly fucked up individuals or some tragedy transmogrified an individual who would otherwise be saintly. Isn't that the case with most people who are warped and twisted?

I think temperament descriptions go too far when they say that NFs have a greater sense of empathy or are more sensitive than other temperaments. That's a ludicrous and unsubstantiated claim that people seem to consistently latch onto for reasons of bolstering their self-esteem and building a false self-concept.

Did it ever occur to you that you are simply too J to be a "real idealist" ?

(just asking)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post

(just asking)
    Explain... what does that mean? A real idealist?

Enneagram
    1w2

(just asking)
    Ahh, this reminds me of a conversation I had with Jennifer and why she's more inclined to give people the benefit of the doubt and why I'm not.

Basically I was like people can't be that stupid, I truly believe people are smarter than that and since I believe they are I expect them to be.

She was basically like I believe people are that stupid and since they are I can cut them some slack.

In the end, I felt like I had more confidence in people and that I was expecting them to be better because they could. I was then patted on the head, given a benevolent smile and a chocolate chip cookie.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Explain... what does that mean? A real idealist?
    Well if you are too orderly and you focus too much on a decision making you will never become one of those fluffy stereotypical emo idealsts.

This is the only thing I am saying actually. (but I am not sure if I am correct)

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Why would a thinker be more likely to be evil than an NF?

It is probably easier for a thinker to be cruel than for a feeler, but at the same time it is harder for a thinker to be motivated enough to be cruel to somebody than for a feeler. Thinkers don't make their decisions with that much weight on emotion. I know that I personally can only extremely rarely muster up enough hate to actually want to bother to be cruel.

Strong positive emotions always come with strong negative emotions, so I think NFs are more likely to be cruel than NTs that are otherwise just neutral in general.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Neither do I. But I'm slowly learning not to be baffled by what is said on this forum.

Yes, cruel and evil NFs do exist. It seems the other posts explaining this were ignored, so I'll expound upon how:

Either of the F functions can be used to justify whatever the user wants. These actions can appear as "good" or "evil." And once the NF feels completely justified in their actions, there isn't much anyone can do about it; they are immune to logical or practical arguments against their behavior. As with one ENFP I know who is regularly rude and belittles others to tears in her quest to champion her ideas of moral behavior. Question her on it and she'll say "There is nothing wrong with what I did. If anything, more people should people like me." As with my ENFJ former friend who made it her mission to ruin anyone's life who so much as glanced at her the wrong way. She would slander their name, present false allegations when taken to court for her deeds (and win), turn their families against them, and even had one person beaten to a pulp by her friends. "Never pull a lion's tail" is her mantra. If that's not ruthless, cruel, or evil, tell me what is. These people are real and yes, they have taken the MBTI to confirm their types.

Also, to the OP, profiles and descriptions should be taken with a grain of salt. They almost always describe the ideal state of a type. For the plethora of ways a type manifests in reality, one would need to consult reality.

Well if you are too orderly and you focus too much on a decision making you will never become one of those fluffy stereotypical emo idealsts.

This is the only thing I am saying actually. (but I am not sure if I am correct)
    Okay. But I don't think idealism has to be necessarily connected to "emo" behavior and in the case of NFJs is often not. Idealism results from vision, and that NFJs have in spades, even those with strong J. In that sense they could be considered the ultimate idealists.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post

Okay. But I don't think idealism has to be necessarily connected to "emo" behavior and in the case of NFJs is often not. Idealism results from vision, and that NFJs have in spades, even those with strong J. In that sense they could be considered the ultimate idealists.

I know, but people often don't see this as idealism.