MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    From what I've seen, yes, but rarely.

Once I pissed my INFJ wife off it became apparent to me that regardless of how sweet and fluffy and wonderful she is, that there is a dark side...oh yes.

My husband calls me a Mama Bear and says he doesn't even consider not being nice to me because he knows I would stab him in his sleep. My grandpa once told someone if they were good to me I wouldn't give them any trouble, leaving it to the imagination what might happen if they were not.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

i have a hard time forgiving people and especially as a young nf i was very cruel and mean at times when i felt hurt by something someone said or did or rejection. i was also extraverted feeler (hence infj not p) and cued into group or significant others' standards (for lack of a better word) and channeled their bad energy onto a situation or became a conduit for their wrath. of course i always seemed to take the brunt of others' awful spirit and as i look back on my life i justify my actions as perhaps better than if the animosity had not been buffered through my feeling side. the biggest problem i always had was my gravitation towards people in general. i was always damned.

mostly my cruelty is placed against myself. working on this.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_ View Post
    Some of the adjectives from the profiles, describing NFs are: compassionate, nurturing, insightful and encouraging, altruistic, inspiring, warmly affectionate and affirming, empathetic, caring...

Now I'm thinking how can such a person be evil? I think it's not possible.

Sure, they can hurt people unintentionally due to their immaturity or stupidity but they just can't be heartless bastards because it goes against everything they believe in.

A good friend of mine is an ENFP and I'm amazed at his levels of empathy. There was this youtube video of a shark with retarded teeth and it was hilarious so I showed it to him. This one: YouTube - Shark with funny teeth

And guess what? He didn't like it. He said he felt bad for the shark. lol I really didn't believe him and I asked if he was fucking kidding me? He insisted that he was telling the truth and I believed him because he really doesn't lie to me. Even if he did lie I could tell because we have this weird connection.

Ok, I'm thinking this is gonna be a very short topic because everyone's gonna agree with me, but I'm going to post it anyway. There will probably be some INTP who will disagree with me just for the fun of it.
    I didn't laugh at the shark video, but it has nothing to do with my empathy. I just didn't think the guy in the background made for a funny video.

I got paddled in 5th grade for laughing at feces that I discovered on the floor while singing Christmas carols to the elderly in a nursing home. I caught a glimpse of the feces at the same time as my best friend, we caught each other's eye, laughed under our breath, but ended up getting really tickled. The more we tried to hold it in, the funnier it all became. Unfortunately, once I'm tickled about something, it's nearly impossible for me to make myself stop.

In a similar situation, I had to get up and stand outside of a restaurant once because my mother and I got so tickled about the way our server was talking, and neither one of us could stop laughing when we looked at each other. There are many things I find funny that I tell myself I "should not". I feel terrible after laughing at someone who wasn't intending on being funny because then I wonder how I've negatively impacted them or if I've lowered their self-esteem or something.

So in any case, clearly I have the ability to be an insensitive ass, but I wouldn't label those incidences as either cruel, ruthless, or evil. I'm sure some would though, and I wouldn't argue with that opinion.

Now, I have been emotionally cruel, of the intentional kind. It takes a whole lot, but I'm not above it. In order for me to intentionally be cruel to someone, they have to have been intentionally and repetitively cruel to me, without me being able to stop them(by trying to convince them, or by bringing the situation to their attention). Still human here.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

...Without a doubt.

In fact, ruthless, cruel, or evil are my default modes.

MBTI
    INFJ

Absolutely not. Whatever I believe becomes, by default, unadulterated good.
    There are miles to go before I sleep...

MBTI
    TNT

IMO Hitler was an ENTJ but let's not turn another thread into a Hitler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by sciski View Post
    Is it possible for you to turn off or ignore your logical analysis sometimes? If it is, then it's possible for NFs to turn off or ignore their empathy when it suits them.
    Yes it is possible but I couldn't do it all the time. I'd feel like I'm stepping all over myself, over the things that make me who I am.

In the OP I didn't mean cruel or evil in a single event in time, I meant consistently through your life, like a mean boss or a drug dealer. And perhaps on a larger scale. I think for an NF to be cruel or evil all their life would be like for an NT to make themselves look stupid and incompetent all the time. And life is not like that. Life is all about avoiding unpleasant experiences.

It's the worst compliment in the world to call an NF mean or evil. Just like it's the worst compliment in the world to call an NT dumb or incompetent.

Also, I'm looking at the MBTI definition of feeling and thinking.

Feeling:

- Do I consider how others feelings will be affected by my decision?
    - Which words describe me better: logical and analytical, or sensitive and empathetic?
    - Is it more important to be truthful, even if it hurts someone's feelings or to be tactful, even if it means telling a little white lie? (tactful being a feeler ofc).
    - Also there's a question in almost every test: mercy or justice?

How can a cruel, mean, evil person consider everyone's feelings before making a decision, be sensitive and empathetic and tactful not to offend anyone and also value mercy?

The MBTI description of a feeler is written in such a manner that you can't be an evil feeler. If you are, then you're not a feeler.

Yes it is possible but I couldn't do it all the time. I'd feel like I'm stepping all over myself, over the things that make me who I am.

In the OP I didn't mean cruel or evil in a single event in time, I meant consistently through your life, like a mean boss or a drug dealer. And perhaps on a larger scale. I think for an NF to be cruel or evil all their life would be like for an NT to make themselves look stupid and incompetent all the time. And life is not like that. Life is all about avoiding unpleasant experiences.

It's the worst compliment in the world to call an NF mean or evil. Just like it's the worst compliment in the world to call an NT dumb or incompetent.

Feeling:

- Which words describe me better: logical and analytical, or sensitive and empathetic?
    - Is it more important to be truthful, even if it hurts someone's feelings or to be tactful, even if it means telling a little white lie? (tactful being a feeler ofc).

How can a cruel, mean, evil person consider everyone's feelings before making a decision, be sensitive and empathetic and tactful not to offend anyone and also value mercy?

The MBTI description of a feeler is written in such a manner that you can't be an evil feeler. If you are, then you're not a feeler.

Yes, but this is where their thinking side comes in.

Feeling:

i don't know, cult leaders can be evil and most of them are NFs.
    No one is 100% F.

MBTI
    infp

I guess just as any other type could be. Sometimes the ideals could go wrong, or it`s the "cruel only to be kind" thing, some are just immature. Or I guess when someone reaaally pushes our buttons we could just go with the flow and make a cruel sarcastic remark about something personal we know will sting. But we try not to do that, really, cuz even if we did, after the high moment we`d be back to our usual selves and would regret hurting you very much. We are however supposed to be fascinated by the dark side...not just because of the cookies
    And I don`t know if it`s a Nf thing (probably not), but we do have a somewhat weird sense of humour, and sarcasm is used in high quantities, so we could also be cruel without realizing it... until we see the expression on your face. Sorry.
    .:"Claude os, aperi oculos.":.

"You can't give up hope just because it's hopeless, you have to hope even harder and cover your ears and go 'lalalalalalala'"- Fry (Futurama)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Ah...I think acting irrationally upon anger or hurt isn't a very logical thing to do. You should take this into consideration before you assume that you have be a T to behave with cruelty.

Although I will admit that evil behavior is probably more associated with the two NFs that have tertiary T - INFJs and their sinister reputation, and ENFPs rage i.e. let me bulldoze you with my Te.