First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly View Post

I personally think NF cruelty can be the most damaging. It's unexpected, most NFs make you feel safe and secure. They make you feel that you can trust that they wouldn't hurt you because they usually come across as very empathetic. Then bam...
    Guilty.

Sorry to those who've been blindsided by it.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think NFs are most likely to fall under the category "they act that way because somebody hurt them" to explain their cruelty. While a T might act insensitively out of being overly logical, or just not being tuned in to others' needs, an F is more likely I think to overcompensate for being hurt by others when lashing back.

I suffer from depression. The problem is that often when I go into depression, instead of lying in bed and doing nothing (although I have done that, trust me!) I have been in situations where instead I had very little choice other than to "keep pushing through it" so I wouldn't lay down and die. I become externally goal-oriented, harsh, hardened and bossy so that I can't feel my own pain. It takes so much energy for me to do this - because it isn't a natural state to me - that I get angry at other people and want to make them miserable too. I want love, but push people away so they can't hurt me anymore than I'm already hurting.

Then, um, yeah - at those times I can seem pretty convincingly cruel and ruthless though I'm falling apart inside.

Evil, on the other hand, is a natural every day fact of my life, as I am inclined to have a twisted sense of humor.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

NFs can be ruthless, cruel, or evil. Try double crossing one, and you'll get hell to pay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

anything is possible. Type doesn't restrict the villain.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

From what I've seen, yes, but rarely.

Once I pissed my INFJ wife off it became apparent to me that regardless of how sweet and fluffy and wonderful she is, that there is a dark side...oh yes.

--------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Don't mess with an INFJ!
    "Dad I can't feel my legs."

"That's because you don't have any arms."

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

I have no issue with laying the law down on those who are fraudulent but those undeserving?i`d have to think about it . I don`t blind side, I prefer to keep my word, even an impression I may give feels like a promise im making and so I don`t make many promises and openly state possibilities or decisions that will occur or may occur. just less things for me to account for before my head hits the pillow. The value of what i say should not change from one day to the next, the value should carry into the next and after, other wise im a hot air balloon.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Oh, and also, Hitler.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_ View Post
    Yeah but empathy is hard-wired into the brain. It's not like you decide you want to be an NF. You are born an NF. Read this article: Empathy is hard-wired into the mind, study finds - Los Angeles Times

The NFs I've known said that they feel huge discomfort when punishing someone or when someone is being embarrassed or feeling bad. They are much more apt at simulating the pain of others on their own flesh than thinkers.

Every NF I've ever met has had a very developed capacity for sympathy and was hypersensitive to people's feelings and needs. Their brains are just genetically predisposed to do that. If you don't think of people's feelings first, then try doing the mbti test again, and this time be sincere when answering questions because you're probably a thinker under a mask of a feeler.

So my point is that it's genetically hard wired into the brain. They can choose to believe that being a bastard is good but when they start doing it in practice it's going to hurt them.
    Thing is, sometimes people's interests collide. When that happens and I'm loyal to someone the person who is hurting them is the enemy and I don't feel particular empathy to them because my feelings for the wronged party overrides those feelings. I'm like a bear robbed of her cubs. I might feel bad later or I might not, but the enemy gets little consideration in the heat of the moment. And if someone is a consistent bully, I think it's funny when something happens to them, even if I feel a little ashamed about it. I can get on a crusade against someone I believe is unjustly oppressing others and the empathy is put on hold, at least for a time. Life experience has convinced me that sometimes violence is the answer.

Empathy is hardwired into humans as a species. NFs seem to be a bit more in touch with it than some other types, but that doesn't mean we lack the other hard-wiring like tribalism and self-interest.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Oh, and also, Hitler.
    Seriously, my INFJ grandfather reminds me of how true that typing can be every time I visit.