User Tag List

First 91011

MBTI
    INFP

well for me, assumign im an INFP (im not 100% sure cuz i havn't taken the test officially but i keep being drawn back to these 4 letters when i read up on descriptions), I can become cruel and ruthless when a value of mine is violated. otherwise im a very easy going person who looks for the good in everyone.

ps. on the soccer field I'm a very reserved player in general...but once that opponent initiates anything resembling unfair play, unsportsmanlike behavior, or if they badmouth one of my players I will remember their number and will intentionally knock the shit out of them whenever they get the ball. Again, once the values are crossed I stop at nothing to defend them.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

i could easily push the button that would fry a pedophile on an electric chair even though the pedophile didn't take anyones life.
    yet, i could not do the same to someone who killed someone in a robbery 50 years ago.
    sorry, that's about the first thing that popped in my head immediately after reading OP
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Probably the cruelest thing I've ever done was way back in high school to a girl who was being an obnoxious shit-talker was acting up. I couldn't stand her anymore so I peeled off a piece of my lipstick and stuck it on her chair. When she stood up to wipe it off? It kept smearing all over her buttocks even more. She drew me a picture of a mushroom, apologized, asked me to smoke out with her. lol.. I didn't trust the apology. I told her no.

I don't think that I can really intentionally want to hurt someone emotionally though, because emotional pain lasts longer than physical pain. I also don't understand the act of exploiting others for the sake of personal gain.. To me, it feels like drinking poison.

I don't mind the occasional bird flip when I'm provoked tho.

I certainly can be. And often enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by kiddykat View Post

I don't think that I can really intentionally want to hurt someone emotionally though, because emotional pain lasts longer than physical pain. I also don't understand the act of exploiting others for the sake of personal gain.. To me, it feels like drinking poison.
    yes. Is this a general truth or an ENFP truth?

If ever motivated by a greater cause I could hurt people. In my mind it would have to sum for the greatest good for all. I can sense this in myself. But it would have to be an extraordinary case.

In the day to day? I cant. I feel like I have this dark dragon sleeping inside of me. It has extraordinary strength and potential for cruelty. It waits.

When I get hurt or angry the dragon sits up and takes notice. It is like a dynamo building momentum and I can feel pieces of it starting to engage, all coming together in lockstep. If I ever let it fully take over I would be capable of cold, callous cruelty.

I ALWAYS stop. I always quell that momentum and dismiss it. I very consciously choose to forgive the other person or accept all of the blame myself in order to quell that internal beast.

If highly emotive, then tendrils will slip out, little bitchy quips or cutting comments, but I feel terrible afterwords. But those are very rare.

But yeah, it is there sleeping and by it's presence it violates my ultimate value of cause no harm.