User Tag List

First 891011 Last

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

i think NFs can be very cruel... feelings can turn against you and the people you care about. that's why it's important to control them with logic and balance yourself... and also learn to understand them. let them guide you, but not lead you. also, idealism, i've found, is not the ideal way to look at the world. it's better used when it's only an attitude, but not a way of life, or a real belief. reality is not ideal, but ideals as themselves are very important. it's just important to learn to separate the two.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Cruel. Oh yes. Ruthless...more like selfish maybe. I could imagine an INFP gone wrong, to imagine the world owed them some thing. Or choose an entirely misguided cause to campaign for.
    Maybe one of those flawed evil guys...one who could quite happily tourture some one all day (and I do believe an INFP could be good at this if they viewed it as an art form, some times that sensitivity can be used for bad too.), but rush home to feed their beloved cat, or rescue animals using ill gotten knowledge to heal them. I could full well imagine an evil INFP doing that.
    Warp those values a bit, and you would get a credible evil person.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

yeah... i often feel like NFPs are a bit clueless... living in their imaginary world. i like visionary, artistic, deep people and caring people... and intuition about feelings can be a very good thing, but it can become distorted, delusional and selfish... emotionally demanding... reclusive... scattered.

we can all be clueless in our own ways, though.

If NF's sincerely believe the things they say, then I commend them. And if they actually believe in the ideals they espouse, then they couldn't possibly be evil.

Unfortunately, I've always had this.. clown.. living inside of me. Even when I'm inclined to do good things, sometimes I'm first inclined to be laugh. Not always, but it happens. I might giggle at people falling and even hurting themselves before I expressed concern and picked them up. I can't help it. And I've done worse than that, but that's beside the point.

Anyways, I'm willing to believe NF's are sincere, and that their ideals encompass every aspect of their lives. I'm learning to not take that away from them, to not call anyone a hypocrite... just because I don't see the potential in myself.

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

^ that was a very insightful post. no one is perfect, or should be expected to be. it's all about trying and learning to live with each other and ourselves.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I might giggle at people falling and even hurting themselves before I expressed concern and picked them up.
    See, that's one of those things that are so common in people and don't even register in my mind. Just the part of the brain that would be usually triggered isn't. It's instinctual really.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Ahh, this reminds me of a conversation I had with Jennifer and why she's more inclined to give people the benefit of the doubt and why I'm not.Basically I was like people can't be that stupid, I truly believe people are smarter than that and since I believe they are I expect them to be.
    I'm like this as well. My J function is up there. I think fucked up Fs are trouble in general because of the tendency to become emotionally manipulative. But NFs take the cake because they tend to play masquerade (Edgar recommened an amazing book about this called "Survival Games Personalities Play" that described this) and can fool you in a heartbeat with sufficent motivation (especially with people who are not expecting it, conditioned or groomed type stuff) Also please take into account 1 in 25 people fit the diagnosis criteria for APD (Antisocial Personality Disorder Aka Sociopathy) which is all about brain chemistry and has nothing to do with a specific personality type. I also have come to the conclusion that people see what they want to see, and will be more quick to gravitate to what is pleasing then what is not pleasing when given an option (even if the truth is staring them in the face).
    Just my two cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_ View Post
    A good friend of mine is an ENFP and I'm amazed at his levels of empathy. There was this youtube video of a shark with retarded teeth and it was hilarious so I showed it to him. This one: YouTube - Shark with funny teeth

And guess what? He didn't like it. He said he felt bad for the shark. lol
    I completely relate. I feel sorry for nearly everyone and everything even inanimate objects. The other day I was at the store and I almost bought this one tomato, but at the last second I noticed it was a little bruised on one side. I put it back with the other tomatoes, and for a few minutes after that I felt sorry for the tomato. The purpose of its short little life was simply to be bought and eaten by us, and instead it sits rejected on the palette. I almost went back and bought it. I know that's all completely unreasonable and that the tomato isn't conscious, but I can't help those thoughts.

On the other hand, I can be evil toward a person but only if I believe the person was evil first.

MBTI
    ISTP

uh, yes.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

I'll be speaking in extremes and I don't know if any is even slightly true:

A Feeler can be very nice or very cruel. Likewise, A Judger can be very responsible or very despotic.

A Thinker does not care. A Perceiver does not care.