User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    I also know that God isn't the limited one, it's me, and so far my only help there is if he destroys me.
    Destroy you? He won't do that! But I think I get your idea of INFPs needing to find inspiration and harmony within themselves (Fi)?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by KLessard View Post
    Destroy you? He won't do that! But I think I get your idea of INFPs needing to find inspiration and harmony within themselves (Fi)?
    It's not about what he will or will not do, it's about what he may need to do for anything to work - destruction at a base level.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    It's not about what he will or will not do, it's about what he may need to do for anything to work - destruction at a base level.
    Oh... You mean sanctification? Yeah, that hurts. I know it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by KLessard View Post
    Oh... You mean sanctification? Yeah, that hurts. I know it.
    Mine is probably going to need to do more than just hurt...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP

I think that we may even extend this to everyday life. I really do tend to make people in my everyday life into hero's, as I usualy find things that I admire greatly in nearly everyone I meet. Some are significantly more than others. It's difficult though to actually know (In an everyday sense) you're hero because if something goes wrong you risk not only losing that person, but also your hero which can capsulate your hopes and dreams.. this is very painful indeed, esp for those of us that live by our imaginings
    ... couldn't drag me away

eljko Ranatovic: argus
    eljko Ranatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    eljko Ranatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

I may have at one time.

But not anymore. I know too much about life.

I don't think it's a good idea to idealize anyone. You only set yourself up for disappointment.

See people as they are, fallible. You, me, everyone else.

People who impress me, are the ones who keep going, even after being slapped down by life innumerable times.

MBTI
    INTP

I've always had heroes and role models, which according to INTP literature, is not really an INTP trait. They inspire me, though, and get me out of the ruts that I get into where I lose the power of possibility. I do agree with that sig, though--sometimes hero worship prevents us from realizing WE could eventually do what they do.

I've met one person I had a lot of respect for that disappointed me in a devastating way. That made me reassess my expectations. I have since met the two people who inspire me the most musically (people I also greatly admire as human beings), and adjusted my expectations beforehand to make it a really positive experience. I didn't expect them to sense that we should totally be BFFs or anything. :-D
    Something Witty

I don't really do the hero thing. Most of them are seen as people who I can learn from. I do have more interest in and respect for some people than others. I have no intention of directly copying them or being like them though.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram

In my case, I think hero is probably the right word. I'm not sure about idealization, though.

One of my "heroes" is Joe Strummer, but I didn't really find him heroic right away. Though his music inspired me, I was put off by him at first; I thought he came off as arrogant, preachy and hypocritical. But my understanding of him was limited and superficial; I was looking at the celebrity and the musician, not the man. I read quite a bit about the Clash when I was a teen and ended up learning more about Joe in the process. The more I investigated, the more interviews I listened to and the more performances I watched, the more fascinating he became to me. As it turned out, not only was he was still occasionally hypocritical, preachy and full of himself, but he had a host of other major shortcomings as a friend, classmate, bandmate, partner, role model, etc. But rather than put me off, his flaws endeared him to me. My sense and appreciation of his humanity grew with each mistake, betrayal and character flaw I discovered.

I don't identify with him per se; in fact, he remains somewhat of an enigma to me. But his struggles with himself, his past, his idealism and his motives have allowed him to touch me in a way that no other figure of any kind has (though this does not at all include the personal heroes in my life). It's not so unique in history or in music for people to tragically and persistently struggle with their demons and ideals, so I can't really explain why he is uniquely heroic to me. I only know that his flaws contributed in some way.
    Type: INFP Enneagram: 4
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

cataplum!

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    But one thing for certain, a lot of his music has helped me to grow and develop as a person. I knew music effected me deeply, but now music is my passion.

Do other NFs feel the same way about their heroes, both childhood and current ones?
    Hmm... yeah, I think there are people I've never met who have made me grow. It's mostly movies and books. Some music also. There are some directors who captivate an idea that might be impossible to turn into words. Last night I watched American Beauty, and it still hits me hard when in the end the man realizes that his life was beautiful, even though everything could be interpreted in a very different way. I've had that feeling many times, but I can't express it in any way, and if I could it wouldn't be near as beautiful as in American Beauty.