User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: INFPs: Not Taking Care of Yourself

I didn't care about taking care of myself until I realized I was an overweight adult with bad teeth. I had the metabolism of a lab mouse until roughly the age of 23 and could drink plenty of beer and eat a cornucopia of junk while remaining quite thin. A few years later getting to a point where I don't feel like crap is hard work. Going to the trouble of taking care of myself didn't really affect how I generally felt until I was well into adulthood and thus was put on the back burner. I also served a few years in the military, where a standard of appearance was strictly enforced.

Senior Member Array paradox fox's Avatar

It's pretty easy for me to forget to eat and drink water and clean my room and wash up and stuff. The only thing I'm good about is washing my hands after using the restroom. Lol.
    I do love eating healthy. But it doesn't happen as consistently as I'd like.
    Pretty much nothing with me happens consistently. Blaaaargh
    I dress ok. Fashionable, but not freakish (usually ) I'm trying to make my wardrobe more versatile and classic so I don't have to worry about stuff not matching, going out of style, or being bothered to actually GO SHOPPING. Right now I feel like if I never go shopping again it'd be pretty much fine by me.
    I need to go to bed f'reals...
    Just because I'm an INFP doesn't mean I'm emo!

When I was a young INFP I often neglected hygiene in favor of spending time pondering my fantasy worlds and reading books or playing around on computers all day. With maturity and a big dose of "the real world" I learned how to properly groom myself.

Sometime during my 20s I developed a love for scented body lotions.

I dress for comfort. My wardrobe consists of t-shirts, jeans, sneakers and sandals. However, there is one thing that will make me go on a wardrobe splurgefest, and that is renaissance faire dresses! I LOVE them!! Unfortunately, I can't justify buying all the ones I like because I only get to wear them once a year when the local renaissance faire is in town. That, and they are pretty expensive. *chuckles*

Eating is something I've always had trouble with. If I'm researching random things or delving into an art project, or just spending a lot of time daydreaming, I completely forget that I'm hungry.

My home is always tidy because I live a minimalist lifestyle. Less furniture/things = less to dust and less to get messy.
    INFP - 4w5 sx/sp/so

"Speaking of livers," the unicorn said. "Real magic can never be made by offering up someone else's liver. You must tear out your own, and not expect to get it back. The true witches know that."
    -'The Last Unicorn', by Peter S. Beagle