User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

I think I take care of myself quite well. If i'm feeling overly depressed I might forget to take care of myself, but generally I like to look good, smell good and eat well.

Actually I may take these things to an unhealthy extent. I brush my teeth compulsively and I eat entirely too much.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    INFP

I'm so incredibly INFP I actually just dress in rags made out of random pieces of paper and milk cartons (the ones listing missing people of course, I do enjoy kind of just putting it out THERE. We are not alone) - I guess I've shaved once or twice in my life. Unintentionally. I was actually on my way to the WC but I decided to fall and sort of happened to pee all over my unkept beard. I didn't mind it.
    Do What
    Thou Wilt

MBTI
    ENFP

I get the feeling some of you are grateful for your (stereo)type, so you finally have an excuse to be undisciplined.
    I'm not clever enough to have a signature.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by A-I View Post
    I'm so incredibly INFP I actually just dress in rags made out of random pieces of paper and milk cartons (the ones listing missing people of course, I do enjoy kind of just putting it out THERE. We are not alone) - I guess I've shaved once or twice in my life. Unintentionally. I was actually on my way to the WC but I decided to fall and sort of happened to pee all over my unkept beard. I didn't mind it.

I love what you've done with your kitchen though.
    I'm not clever enough to have a signature.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleboy View Post
    I get the feeling some of you are grateful for your (stereo)type, so you finally have an excuse to be undisciplined.
    I get the feeling you didn't actually read the whole thread.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP

Right but cmon man... This is how the thread starts.

Another thread inspired me to post this.

I've read many times that INFPs may neglect taking care of themselves, as in eating, physical appearance, hygiene, etc.

Why do you think this is? Can you relate?

Emberassingly enough, I can.
    ^ Your own posts in this thread haven't answered his questions. I noticed you kind of reflected on some other things that are sort of in the same alley and I get it! That's cool. I like that. But still, look at your own posts here, and what you answered, isn't that probably because you don't really relate to that extreme right? You can't really agree with that can you. You're talking about other things like discipline, order, and what not and thats cool but this thread is really asking if IFNPs are more prone to neglect of their own body and appearance? Do you really feel like that's true? You don't seem like you do, cause if you did, you would've answered differently in your posts here. So you're right, and I'm right, so everyone can be happy.

If the OP asked if insane people with zero sanity were prone to neglecting their body, I'd answer yes. But INFPs? No.
    Do What
    Thou Wilt

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Right but cmon man... This is how the thread starts.

^ Your own posts in this thread haven't answered his questions. I noticed you kind of reflected on some other things that are sort of in the same alley and I get it! That's cool. I like that. But still, look at your own posts here, and what you answered, isn't that probably because you don't really relate to that extreme right? You can't really agree with that can you. You're talking about other things like discipline, order, and what not and thats cool but this thread is really asking if IFNPs are more prone to neglect of their own body and appearance? Do you really feel like that's true? You don't seem like you do, cause if you did, you would've answered differently in your posts here. So you're right, and I'm right, so everyone can be happy.

If the OP asked if insane people with zero sanity were prone to neglecting their body, I'd answer yes. But INFPs? No.
    Are you addressing me? (by the ^ I am guessing you are).

I feel I did address the OP. I explained that I do mostly look after my own body/appearance, but in a few specific ways I don't, so no, I do not relate to the extreme. I thought that was clear from my examples directly related to body/appearance (and I did go into other areas of keeping or disregarding order in life), and other people answered in the same style and there was no confusion. That's why my impression of the answers in the thread was that there is no rule for INFPs & few actually identify with that extreme, and so the statement from Bubbleboy was off the mark. There may be tendency for chaos in certain areas with INFPs, but it varies from individual to individual, just as our values can vary dramatically.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

MBTI
    INFP

Ya. Good point but I'm pretty sure all people have their small oddities in how they treat their body. Not just INFPs.
    Do What
    Thou Wilt

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Ya. Good point but I'm pretty sure all people have their small oddities in how they treat their body. Not just INFPs.
    I agree with that. I don't think that is an "INFP thing". I do see Ps as generally preferring less structure though.

Well, I may be stating the obvious here, but I think the tendency to maintain/disregard your appearance/health is aligned with whatever your Fi dictates.
    We always have a choice.